Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

Default Re: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

Just had to replace a file! Never mind me, thanks for your work!

Guten Nachmittag Zusammen!
    Do anyone knows what was changed from the AI of the base game to this AI in the mod? Zumi talked about a more ahgressive AI towards rebel settlements.

Tip for increase the chance of naval invasions by the ai -> descr_strat -> pirate spawn value -> set to 250.

Pls can You upload for mediafire or other?

Thanks for this mod!

Forgive my bad english.

I just wanted to test the mod a bit,
    and now i'm playing
    nothing else for months ...

From round 200
    now i play every battle without my reinforcements ...

That does
    Thing difficult now.

Is it wanted like that
    from the mod ? or is it because of my weak laptop? Took the game with me on vacation

thx

Really liked the mod. I did a first game with emirate of damascus that was like a vanilla game but much intense (much more challenging with better and stronger ai, you need to play properly or you get crushed in VH/VH).

Then i tried a VH game with aztecs that was one of the hardest i did.
    There are many challenges to aztecs:
    - Very few units available with no cavalry, no artillery, no powder and no ships
    - cities have very few buildings and you can't have high income cities
    - you are isolated and need to cross the ocean with one mercenary ship every 10 turn, a completely hostile environment in europe, cities where you can build absolutely nothing until you have your building (which is hard because your first cities are constantly sieged)

However, there are some good points:
    - In 10-15 turns of building, you can create your best units (only in cities)
    - Units are cheap
    - Infantry is good and enemy units fear them so you can rout them if they don't have a good general or excellent morale

Here is a short summary of my game:

1) Part 1 : Conquering America

In the first part of the game, you have to rapidly conquer rebel cities in mexico before facing two enemies:
    - The apache that have roughly the same characteristic as yours but as a VH ai, has much more troops (ten full stack after 25 turn of the game)
    - The europeans that keeps sending full armies to siege your cities so you have to keep many armies all the time to face them.

The hard part here is that with the low income, it is hard to keep your economy while having all the troops necessary to face both apaches and europeans armies and many heroic victories are needed.
    What i did id:
    - Keep full stack army in coastal cities to wait for europeans to attack the city (in garrison cavalry is useless so you have the advantage and can rout the whole army when it enters city)
    - keep full stack army in the frontline city with apache facing multiple full armies, then using a mercenary ship to attack the back of apache territory then fortify in the towns and continue like that city by city.

Once america is conquered, the most challenging part of the game begins

Part 2: Crossing the ocean

Now you are master and America, and still has full european army attacking you each turn in north america/ mexico, but you have to cross the ocean without ships into a completely hostile environment.
    The key is to reach location 1 turn away by ship or your army will be sunk by the multiple enemy ships.

In fact, i did 2 different offensives:
    - Sailing to Arguin from Fortaleza when it was almost empty then fortify.
    - Sailing to Reykjavik from North America when almost empty then fortify.

In both the situation is the same, you can build buildings roughly 1/4 turn, the rest of time you are sieged, and your initial army must face and rout multiple armies with minimal loss.
    Every ten or so turns you can bring a new ship with reinforcements.
    I think that in Reykjavik i may have kill some 30000 irish and scottish soldiers.
    Then when you see an opportunity of an almost empty enemy city, rush it in one turn and turtle inside.
    I did that in ireland and tumbuktu and doing so, enemy stop attacking your first cities so you can develop it.

An other strategy is to put your army either in a river, or in a high moutain, because otherwise you have no chance against their army.
    That's really fun because in vanilla it happened only with mongols and timurid.

Then it repeat agains, tens of heroic victory to conquer step British isles, maghreb and africa.

Part 3: Conquering Europe

From this part it will be more similar than with other factions.
    You have your cities and europe where you can build units and no longer need the mercenary ship.
    The main difficulty is that you can hardly win without cavalry and artillery in open fields against elite armies.

I had a lot of difficulties beating germans, which controlled at the time 25% of the map, and had only full armies with elite units with excellent morale, heavy infantry superior to mine and the beginning of gunpowder units that slaughter mine in open field.
    But, with a lot of heroic victories defending town, mountains or river, i finally managed to slowly take town after town.

Now i know i will have another challenge: defeating the byzantines that control half of the map and have huge armies.
    I tried to check what they were doing with toggle_fow and got scared by their tens of full elite armies with general that will take me weeks to kill:

shikaka's Avatar Domesticus

The mod is super enjoyable, and much more fun than I first thought. I really like 4zumi's leisure attitude towards the game, "fun first" is very rare among modders. Congrats, this is a real jewel!
    The only thing I would change is that I think the game would be even better without crusades and jihads: these don't really help the AI, and ruin the alliances on muslim/orthodox AI factions. I understand this is part of the vanilla experience though.

If 4zumi is ever bored, it would be awesome to improve the kingdoms campaigns too.

Britannia A (200 turns war)
    expand the map south (or merge with lands to conquer france map), and add some vanilla copy factions. English, welsh, irish, scottish are good as is. France too. Burgundy, swiss and Flanders could be Milan and Venice with renamed.

Britannia B: 1066 start (harrying of the north). "England" holds southern England and Normandy. Saxon rebellion up north (Morcar/Eadwine as Lancester/Northumberland, Osulf/Bamburgh), Dunbar (Gospatrick of Dunbar) is independent, Edgar Aetheling arrives with danish troops. Very cool kingdom of isles (Godred Crovan), Konan de Rennes is Britanny. French CApets having trouble with vassals stronger them him (Boudewijn/Flanders, Toulouse, Aquitane). Gruffydd Aberffraw, exiled welsh prince in Dublin.

Teutons
    Expand the map south. Csatádi has a central Europe-Balkans map what would work. Add vanilla Hungary, Bulgaria (renamed Spain without Jinetes) and Bohemia (renamed danes without vikings) for some anti-mongol fun.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Italy: reuse the map of the lands to conquer Italy campaign. Change religion from christian/muslim/orthodox to papist (guelph)/imperialist (ghibelline)/muslim. Vanilla factions: HRE, Venice, Milan (as League of Lombardy), Papal states, Sicily. HRE starts in a "western roman empire" start position, with bad public order (holding papist cities), and bad relations with the Pope, so the VAtican will not stop aggression against HRE. Fun additions: Tuscany (Mathilda of Tuscany was the power behind the Pope), maybe Verona. Both of these could use renamed Milan units.
    Alternatively, a Sicily focus would be fun too. Lot's of vanilla units can be used, but the action is spiced up if the start date is a bit earlier. Eg. Byzantines are still there (with varangian commander HArald Hardrada), the normans just arrived, arab strongholds, etc.

Crusades: this campaign could be greatly improved with adding some factions, which already exist in Total VAnilla. Armenia, Georgia, Khwarezm, Kipchaks.
    Last edited by shikaka; October 18, 2020 at 07:25 AM.

crazyroman's Avatar Artifex

She can't add any more factions. There is a limit on 31, including rebels.

"Medieval 2 total war encountered an unspecified error" is the summary of this mod, especially asian remake submod.
    Last edited by Hammarmest; October 25, 2020 at 11:55 AM.

Hello! Can anyone explain the real difference between this mod and the total vanilla beyond? I want to use the most polished extended maps + units...
    And btw how can I see the new models for generals in battles, like Saladin or Nur Ad-din? Are them in any units of the factions randomized?

Aaand are this event from total bananas working in this mod too?

Event & Mechanics:

-Lithuania can convert and get access to other units and loses the pagan ones. You have two chances.
    -Apachean do have a war path "mechanic" but it is tied to a trait that lets the generals army move like it would be on a jihad. This will only correctly trigger, if you beat an army in a open field and the general is the sole named character in the stack. The effect will subside once the general takes a settlement or loses a battle.
    -Apachean recruitment mechanic (you have to train 20, 50, units of a class bow, foot, etc. to get access to better buildings and units, have to defeat an army with horses x times to get horses, have to defeat an army with gunpowder x times to get access to gunpower troops. Same for the Chichimeca.
    -Jerusalem, You have to hold certain settlements in the holy land (Tripoli, Antioch, Jerusalem,Edessa, Krak...) to get access to certain units. Without them you only have access to your basic roster. Important! This is no regional recruitment thing, you can recruit a Tripoli Knight everywhere, as long as you hold Tripoli. - Only faction to have access to Unique units like the Constabler or the Sepulcher Canons.
    -HRE; to gain access to Teutonic Order expanded units you have to have a teutonic order guild building and hold certain settlements (Stettin, Marienburg, Riga). Also the availability is tied to certain military buildings. Christ Knights and Swordbrethren are only available in the Baltics region.

Andy Ronin's Avatar Senator

Just installed the mod and I've encountered a strange problem where, when starting a new campaign, the campaign UI is missing (the bottom border with map, city buildings, army details and end turn button).
    I said strange because it doesn't happen with all factions, though with most. England, Ireland, Lithuania work fine. France, HRE, Spain, Venice, Milan ... are no go.
    Even stranger: Sicily didn't work at first, but after about 5 tries I managed to start a working campaign.

Been looking all over the internet and couldn't find anything so I've come here. When playing as ever the Kievan Rus or Novgorod a few turns into the game banners disappear on the campaign map (Not battle map) I have no idea why this happens as this doesn't happen with any other faction. Any tips?

CELTICEMPIRE's Avatar Libertus

This is the first M2tw mod I've been able to figure out how to play, after owning the game for over a decade. Absolutely love it.

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

That is a beauty of this mod and Total Bananas, it essentially feels like vanilla but.. more, no new mechanics or heaps or scripts, just good old vanilla+

I was trying to fix the diplomacy bug that was present in vanilla by going into the descr_faction_standing file in the mod but noticed there's no such file. Was it renamed to something? Which file controls diplomacy in this mod?

Hello Guys, i have been playing this mod, and i gotta say , it is awesome, it is everything i have ever wanted. Thing is, i am playing as the byzantines. I saw that there is a building , palace bachernae, which grants recruitment of Athanatoi, an OP cavalry unit . Problem is, this unit is capped at 1 per campaign. I recruit one and than i can t recruit it anymore. Does anyone know what do i need to modify in order to recruit it more often? like once every 10 turns?

go to export_descr_building and change it to 1 1 6 0 and then you should be fine.

Are there any changes to BattleDread triggers or BattleChivalry triggers?

Foederatus

Awesome Mod thank you

Foederatus

Hello can you please tell me is the TVB & Bananas Mod compatible to the "G5 Settlement Fixes All in 1" pack or its not recommend to use it togheter?