Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

Default Re: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

When your not playing as the Byzantines then they will expand like crazy like the mongols.

Alondite's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by robb8 View Post
    Hello. So I'm gonna ask an question. Can I take crusader states from banana mod and add this mod? If so how I am going to do that?

I'm a noobie yep
    I am afraid not.

Total Vanilla has reach the limit of total 31 factions (30 playable + rebels), if you try to add the 32nd faction you will only get CTD.
    It's a hardcore issue and no modders can come over it since it is illegal to decompile and modify the game exe file.

The only way to do so is removing a faction first then adding the Crusader States as the 31st faction, or changing everything in one faction to Crusader States.
    Similarly, the Total Vanilla has reach the limit of 500 units as well. So you cannot add new units unless removing some of the units already in the game first.

So, if you really want the Crusader States in Total Vanilla, first of all, you have to decide which faction to be removed.
    Then you have tons to learn Don't worry, I was a noob too last year.

I have found a minor error, 4zumi. This bug actually won't effect the game though.

It is the line 8523 in export_buildings.txt,
    wrong one:
    Code:
    {tenoch_zoo_northern_european_desc_shortA magical place with hundreds of wild animals and plants, truly paradise.
    correct one:
    Code:
    {tenoch_zoo_northern_european_desc_short}A magical place with hundreds of wild animals and plants, truly paradise.
    By the way, I found this error with Withwnar's TWTECV, and strongly recommend trying it.
    In addition to text editing, it has numerous functions like:
    1. Auto-reducing the redundant entries in export_buildings.txt
    2. Checking orphan text (entries appear in text file but not used in game) and remove them
    3. Most importantly, usage check. In the units tab, I've found errors in Total Vanilla like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    And some in traits and ancillaries tab as well.

I think you had better take a look, though these errors in EDG seem not to effect the game, some entries in campaign script may be deadly.
    Just for your information.

4zumi's Avatar This one sparks joy

@robb
    sure it could be done, by the cost of killing of one existing faction and do some heavy work on the units. but i won't
    you can make your own crusader kingdom with all the units available in the levant
    edit: and all what alondite said, much gracefuller than I did

@joe
    nice ides, but i will pass, this is much too much mapping work, and right now everything in tvb is fine as it is

@alondite
    ahh, thanks, i will correct this for the final hurray patch

and thanks again, i think you may have found a "maybe ctd" when poland would emerge, i fixed it.
    the pagan_unit thing should work as there is no problem with the lithuania conversion, I think
    the other entries in the guild.txt are just triggers. non exisiting unit, no problem

thanks for going through this
    Proudly under the patronage of King Athelstan of the Imperial House of Hader

Author of
    Total Vanilla Beyond mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms &
    Developer of
    Total Bananas mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms (beta)

Steam Workshop Mods for Rome 2, Warhammer, Warhammer 2

Discord: zumi's cookie corner
    Fighting for launch of "Cookie Friday" and "No Pants Saturday"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SE Panel.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	358379Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NE Panel.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	358380Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Meso Panel.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	358381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ME Panel.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	171.5 KB 
ID:	358382Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greek Panel.jpg 
Size:	171.9 KB 
ID:	358383Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EE Panel.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	358384

Hi 4zumi,

I had creating a small submod to give a bit more immersion to the TVB.

I hope u guys like it.

Change the villages, cities and castles models.

Change also forts, my own modification.

I made new village for Middle Eastern and Meso America.

Also have used some other visual mods.

Download - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O4...qHl919-5QDCCXo

and for everyone here is "The Last Hurray" patch for 3.3.3

-Damascus gets the Damascene Musketeers instead of Janissary Musketeers
    -All Halberd units now do not have the long_pike attribute anymore
    -removed a "maybe ctd" for polish resurrection (thanks to alondite)
    -horse breedes guild hq is now correctly available in citadels - hashashim guild hq is not meant to be available in citadels (this is no bug)

This patch needs a new campaign, because it alters the campaign script!

https://mega.nz/#!nXYUDI4a!MLEGsTySM...huqJj9g76GXEG4

zumi out

Author of
    Developer of

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NE fort and villa.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	358389Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SE fort and villa.jpg 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	358390Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EE fort and villa.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	358385Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greek fort and villa.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	178.9 KB 
ID:	358386Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ME fort and villa.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	166.6 KB 
ID:	358387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Meso fort and villa.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	358388

Sorry for double post, im still learning how to use here.

No problem, thanks for sharing
    I deleted the double.

That looks amazing.
    You may want to open up a new thread in the Total Vanilla Subforum, because otherwise it might get burried here

And (sorry i have to ask) for the models of the "other visual mods" you have the permission to use those? I don't want no trouble here...

Author of
    Developer of

So, I take models from SSHIP v0.9.2 submod SSteel, also Village model from Gigantus Last Kingdom Mod.

But no i dont ask permission, also it was the first time i post my modifications.

How i can do it?

Also please can u guide me to open up a new thread in the Total Vanilla Subforum

I will leave your mod up for the time beeing, but please contact Gigantus and the SSHIP submod (team) for permission and report back to me. You can write them a PM. Clicking on their username, going to their profile and choose "send private message".

And for the thread, you just go here
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/foru...-Total-Vanilla

and click on the "Post new thread" button to create your own.
    Choose a title.

And post the first comment.(I would recommend also to always include for which version of the mod the submod is. Otherwise there may be some tears and cursing, because it is not working. In your case it should not matter, because it should be compatible with all versions)

And as an advice: It is good manners to mention the modders and mods you took something from (with permission)

Something like

My mod
    "this includes bla bla bla"

With much thanks to:
    adadada mod from huhuhu team or modder
    tralala model from blibli mod from xxx modder

etc.

Author of
    Developer of

Quote Originally Posted by Alondite View Post
    I am afraid not.

Total Vanilla has reach the limit of total 31 factions (30 playable + rebels), if you try to add the 32nd faction you will only get CTD.
    It's a hardcore issue and no modders can come over it since it is illegal to decompile and modify the game exe file.

The only way to do so is removing a faction first then adding the Crusader States as the 31st faction, or changing everything in one faction to Crusader States.
    Similarly, the Total Vanilla has reach the limit of 500 units as well. So you cannot add new units unless removing some of the units already in the game first.

So, if you really want the Crusader States in Total Vanilla, first of all, you have to decide which faction to be removed.
    Then you have tons to learn Don't worry, I was a noob too last year.
    Thank you mate

The line "destroy_units Lithuania pagan_unit" is aimed at disbanding pagan units, such as Dievas Guard, if Lithuania converts to Catholicism.
    To do so, you need to add the attribute "pagan_unit" to Dievas Guard, this command will disband all Lithuanian units with attribute "pagan_unit" if fired.

In this moment there are no units with attribute "pagan_unit" in EDU, so if Lithuania converts nothing will be disbanded.
    Though this will not cause CTD, if you want the effect of "When Lithuania converts, they will lose all Dievas Guards on the map", you need to add the attribute.
    Same to other pagan-like Lithuanian units such as "Followers of Perkunas" or somewhat.
    Just saying... if you don't want this effect in game you can simply forget this

And here are errors in Traits and Ancillaries tabs found by TWTECV:

It seems that these errors will not cause CTD, but I think you had better take a look since this may cause some game features broken.

For the error "holy_relic", I think you are referring to "Relic". I found this error in Bellum Crucis as well so I think the responsibility goes to CA...
    For the error "Banker", I think you are referring to "MerchantsGuildMember", but there are two declaration of "Trait MerchantsGuildMember" in EDCT, I think you should change the name of one of them.
    For the error "sailor", I don't know... maybe you just spelled it wrong.
    And that's it. With TWTECV that's all errors I can find. Generously speaking Total Vanilla has few errors, not like Bellum Crucis...

Good to see the release of the last hurray patch, but I think you may need another patch if you want fix the errors above

Quote Originally Posted by 4zumi View Post
    @robb
    sure it could be done, by the cost of killing of one existing faction and do some heavy work on the units. but i won't
    you can make your own crusader kingdom with all the units available in the levant
    edit: and all what alondite said, much gracefuller than I did

@joe
    nice ides, but i will pass, this is much too much mapping work, and right now everything in tvb is fine as it is

@alondite
    ahh, thanks, i will correct this for the final hurray patch

and thanks again, i think you may have found a "maybe ctd" when poland would emerge, i fixed it.
    the pagan_unit thing should work as there is no problem with the lithuania conversion, I think
    the other entries in the guild.txt are just triggers. non exisiting unit, no problem

thanks for going through this
    So I can delete or replace everything about Cumans and just put Crusader States from your banana mod? I really like the original vanilla mod except for stupid AI. What I'm looking for is original vanilla map with the Kingdoms expansion factions.(crusaders, ireland etc.) From what I see your mod is closest thing. And I'm really bad at modding. I can't even give a rebel city to a faction. The army just couldn't get in or out in one turn

Thank you for your hardwork and sorry for my bad english by the way

@4zumi

So I can delete or replace everything about Cumans and just put Crusader States staff from your banana mod? To be honest I cant even give a rebel city to a faction right now. Armies can't get in or out in one turn I love the vanilla mod except for stupid AI. What I'm looking for is a vanilla map with kingdoms factions. But I have a long way to go i suppose Your mod is the closest though and thank you for your hardwork. sorry for my bad english by the way.

@alondite
    thanks again

I could imagine that I took this (pagan_unit), out on purpose, because I wanted the change to go slowly (units will get destroyed over time by battles), or I may have simply made a mistake. But I will declare it a feature now

holy_relic is in the missions txt, so this will definitively be a CA thing, but nothing to worry about. May have to do with give relic to the pope or something like this
    sailor is definitively not from me, it may be an unused or faulty trait from CA or who knows whom... (so no concern here either)
    banker is from me and should be awarded from the milanese unique bank building, so i will have a look at it. (but it is for now a very minor nuisance, that will not break anything (hopefully))

I will wait a bit and make a patch for the patch sometime, maybe more comes to light.

@robb
    yes, you could do that. but be warned, you have to wade through lots of traps doing that, because you don't know the quirks of my mod. But it would be doable
    I think Total Bananas might be for you, as it is just a plain vanilla experience.

And Beermugcarl has made an Campaign AI mod, but I do not think it is updated for the latest version yet. Maybe he will come back to it.

You are welcome and have fun on your campaign

Author of
    Developer of

Hi 4zumi, when I woke up this morning it occurred to me that I still have one tool not used for bug checking.
    This one is gracul's Unit Editor, but I've found it a little bit buggy so I filtered some mistaken log.
    They are all minor errors that wouldn't make the game crash though, just for your information considering you're planning the final patch.

This one is in EDU, I don't know whether you want their armor can be upgraded or not:
    type Thunder Brave
    dictionary Thunder_Brave ; Thunder Braves
    armour_ug_levels 0
    armour_ug_models American_Gunner, American_Gunner
    This error will make upgraded feudal knights in Norway hold English shields:
    [Warning] Model '18 feudal_knights_ug1', has different faction entries in the figure and attachement texture sections. Figure entries for faction 'norway' have no coresponding attachement lines. Attachement entries from faction 'england' will be copied in order to prevent battlefield crashes.
    These errors will cause the "silver surface" issue:
    [Warning] Unit 'NE Bodyguard' is owned by faction 'slave' without texture entries in model 'ne_late_bodyguard' (export_descr_units or battle_models).
    [Warning] Unit 'NE Bodyguard' is owned by faction 'slave' without texture entries in model 'ne_late_bodyguard_ug1' (export_descr_units or battle_models).
    [Warning] Unit 'Knights Hospitaller' is owned by faction 'norway' without a figure texture entry in model 'mount_hospitaller_barded_horse' (export_descr_units or battle_models).
    [Warning] Unit 'Knights Hospitaller' is owned by faction 'ireland' without a figure texture entry in model 'mount_hospitaller_barded_horse' (export_descr_units or battle_models).
    Some missing unit cards and info cards:
    [Warning] Unit 'baghlah' does not have a unit info card for 'timurids'.
    [Warning] Unit 'baghlah' does not have a unit info card for 'azumi'.
    [Warning] Unit 'caravel' does not have a unit card for 'cilicia'.
    [Warning] Unit 'caravel' does not have a unit info card for 'cilicia'.
    [Warning] Unit 'caravel' does not have a unit info card for 'timurids'.
    [Warning] Unit 'carrack' does not have a unit info card for 'spain'.
    [Warning] Unit 'carrack' does not have a unit info card for 'portugal'.
    [Warning] Unit 'carrack' does not have a unit info card for 'timurids'.
    [Warning] Unit 'carrack' does not have a unit info card for 'cilicia'.
    [Warning] Unit 'dromon' does not have a unit card for 'cilicia'.
    [Warning] Unit 'dromon' does not have a unit info card for 'cilicia'.
    [Warning] Unit 'fire ship' does not have a unit card for 'cilicia'.
    [Warning] Unit 'fire ship' does not have a unit info card for 'cilicia'.
    [Warning] Unit 'lanternas' does not have a unit info card for 'timurids'.
    [Warning] Unit 'war galley' does not have a unit info card for 'venice'.
    [Warning] Unit 'Aztec Bodyguard' does not have a unit info card for 'slave'.
    [Warning] Unit 'War Chief' does not have a unit info card for 'slave'.
    [Warning] Unit 'Hobiguir' does not have a unit info card for 'slave'.
    [Warning] Unit 'Saighdeoir' does not have a unit info card for 'slave'.
    [Warning] Unit 'Cossack Mounted Musketeers' does not have a unit info card for 'russia'.
    [Warning] Unit 'Cossack Mounted Musketeers' does not have a unit info card for 'novgorod'.

And actually unit model '11 me_peasants' has an error too in battle_models.modeldb, but it's not used in game.
    Last edited by Alondite; June 09, 2019 at 03:57 AM. Reason: misspell

Thanks again, here have a big cookie

I might have forgotten the entry in the braves and have forgotten the other entries.
    And the Unit Cards always get me XD

There are no peasants left in the game, so the me ones should be of no concern.

I will see to it and fix it

Author of
    Developer of