Thread: Incorporating the Character Names Project

Default Incorporating the Character Names Project

I've asked this in another thread, but I thought maybe I would get an answer sooner if I had asked here as well.
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...in-M2-TW/page4
    I've added and replaced all the names found in the names and descr_names files, and made the appropriate changes to the descr_strat and campaign_script files, but nothing seems to work. After I try to start a new campaign I get kicked right back to the menu.
    I can't find any obvious errors in the texts, but something is going wrong, and I'd like some help with fixing whatever the issue(s) are.
    descr_strat.txt
    descr_names.txt
    https://files.catbox.moe/19w8my.txt
    https://files.catbox.moe/h7v64e.txt

4zumi's Avatar This one sparks joy

Default Re: Incorporating the Character Names Project

Ok, two things I can think of.
    Have you deleted the map.rwm (this is needed for the changes in the descr.strat to take effect. otherwise the map.rwm stays the old one)
    Second: Have you changed, or imported all the names in the text folder and the names.txt there and let the game create or created an bin file of that. Because this is the file where the game draws it's names from

Those two things could have been your downfall Just a quick thought

Cheers
    Proudly under the patronage of King Athelstan of the Imperial House of Hader

Author of
    Total Vanilla Beyond mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms &
    Developer of
    Total Bananas mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms (beta)

Steam Workshop Mods for Rome 2, Warhammer, Warhammer 2

Discord: zumi's cookie corner
    Fighting for launch of "Cookie Friday" and "No Pants Saturday"

Hi 4zumi. thanks for taking the time out of your day to respond to my thread, and thanks for making this wonderful mod.

I deleted the map.rwm file and for a moment I thought I found out the true culprit behind my problems, but after a little while of waiting after trying to start a new campaign I got kicked back again.
    Second: Have you changed, or imported all the names in the text folder and the names.txt there and let the game create or created an bin file of that.
    Just in case, I deleted the newly generated .bin file to see if that changed anything, but alas, nothing changed.

Yesterday while I was looking into the descr.strat file I found some things that I missed and fixed them. For a moment I thought I solved my issues but when I tried to start a new campaign, it turned out not to be the case.
    Playing a custom battle works fine, and I notice in the after battle report the new names are being used, so I believe it must be something with the descr_strat file. I can't think of where else the problem could be occurring from.

I'm going to keep looking around these files to see if I missed anything that should be changed accordingly, but if push comes to shove I'm going to restore the base mod files and change them one by one to see if I can better identify the culprit.

The issue has been resolved; I decided to restore the original files and go through one by one instead of replacing it all at once like I did before. This left little room for error.