Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

4zumi's Avatar This one sparks joy

Default Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

Once more with feeling... and some verve

It is the beginning of the year 2016 and I just made a sacrifice to the minor god of modding, as I began to twist and turn Medieval 2 to my liking.
    Now 3 1/2 years later I am here and finished the project that startet as a small modification and my thought of sharing this personal mod.

Total Vanilla Beyond 3.0 is the final iteration of this mod and is considered finished by me. So there will most likely be no new additions, expansions or whatever. I will leave this to submodders, if the need arises.
    The mod is tested in depth per hand (every faction) and I am not aware of any gamebreaking bugs (small bugs or elusive ones might have slipped me), so you are in for a very stable gameplay.

This is a standalone version. No previous versions are needed for installing this mod.

And I lied to you, thanks to Titus66 you now get the standalone #3.3, with lots of bugfixing, tweaks and content

Installation

-Unpack the zip file
    -Put the unpacked "totalvanillab" folder into your "mods" folder of your Medieval 2 installation
    -use the appropriate bat file (steam or disc) to start the game

Updated Download 3.3.3 + "The Last Hurray Patch" + Patch #1 for the patch
    + Small update Number 2
    This buffs up the Heavy Persian Archers for the Kwarzemimimi faction
    And fixes a Venice reemerge crash.

2.7 GB download size (ca. 5 GB unpacked)

Mega.nz

https://mega.nz/#!GNdAiaqb!8ruOfSh74...VhumDYR8o0oXxI

zumi out
    Last edited by 4zumi; February 19, 2020 at 09:15 AM.
    Proudly under the patronage of King Athelstan of the Imperial House of Hader

Author of
    Total Vanilla Beyond mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms &
    Developer of
    Total Bananas mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms (beta)

Steam Workshop Mods for Rome 2, Warhammer, Warhammer 2

Discord: zumi's cookie corner
    Fighting for launch of "Cookie Friday" and "No Pants Saturday"

Default Re: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

Who likes short shorts...

This mod is more or less a Vanilla+ experience and tries to keep the feeling of the vanilla game and expands on it quiet a bit. Some might say this mod has surpassed long ago the stage of simply Vanilla+.
    So, if you are asking yourself if this mod is for you consider this:

-Do I like the vanilla game, but it is not big enough?
    -Do I want more units and regions?
    -Do I want a simple gameplay with some nice, not overly complicated features?
    -Do I not get high blood pressure if the game is not overly historical correct, but keeps an historic spirit?
    -Would you like to know more? - Join the Federation Service today and gain citizenship

If you can answer all or some of the question with yes, you should consider trying this mod.

If you want to have a look at an let's play go take a look here
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLXE5JJUjWE

Nopinkcreations has covered the 2.7 and 2.9 stage of this mod in a Sicily playthrough.
    Remember, this is not 3.0 shown, but an earlier version. (and there were quiet some changes from there to yet)

The Changeling (3.0)

I decided to keep the change notes short and simple and only list the major features to avoid a huge wall of text.

• The mod imports a lot of stuff from the Kingdoms expansion to the Grand Campaign
    • New Factions: Apachean, Norway, Ireland, Novgorod, Lithuania, Emirate of Damascus, Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia, Caliphate of Baghdad, Kwarezmian Empire, Cumans
    • All factions, except the slaves are playable
    • All factions can reemerge (so be careful with uncontent cities)
    • 500 Units - including unique units. (Imported from Kingdoms and completely new (reskinned) ones)
    • Greatly expanded roster for the knightly orders (new additional recruitment buildings)
    • Regional troops in the Levant and Wales
    • 128 Building chains overall - including many and more unique buildigs (buildable only by certain factions in certain settlements)
    • Greatly expanded the campaign map (bigger Americas and all the way to Karakorum) - 197 Regions
    • Complete overhaul of the campaign map ground textures (satellite pictures)
    • Imported the campaign map music from kingdoms (different culture, different music)
    • Imported UI from expansions for different cultures
    • Debt script that keeps the AI active but, does not allow them to recruit units if in debt, but allows them to advance their settlements unti they are out of debt
    • Mongols still make an invasion and will pose a very real threat once the event starts
    • You can go now to the Americas at turn one
    • Gunpowder units are now very deadly, but reduced in size. Cannons can shot grapes now.
    • Traits and ancillaries got big additions (example: every region grants now a title, all factions have crowns, etc.)
    • Mongols start as pagans (can convert to islam)
    • Norway can convert to paganism (gives them Berserkers as unit)
    • Reworked recruiting system (better units replace old ones. example: mailed knights - feudal knights) This makes sure that the AI recruits good units in the late game
    • Rebels and Mercs got a reskin (We need more color)
    • Unique flags for the knightly orders and some others
    • New historic events
    • New resources
    • Buildable permanent stone forts
    • Expanded mercenary availability and unis
    • More movement range for agents and armies
    • New boni to buildings
    • Byzantium needs certain regions to get high end units and develop their full potential
    • Mongols gain units, florin and an increment in the king's purse by conquering certain regions (stick to history and you will see)
    • Integration of Skynet AI (campaign and battle are now a different experience)
    • New movies, UI, polishing, etc.
    • There are many and more small changes, tweaks and whatnot (to many to remeber and to list. You can take a look at the 2.9 release thread for more text and go through the Road to 3.0 thread to get a comprehensive overiew

Total Vanilla Beyond 3.1 Changes
    Change notes:

-fixed a bug that caused a ctd, when the castellan building in edessa was finished
    -fixed the "no show" of weapons of dism polish nobles and armenian spearmen (thanks hellvard)
    -fixed the silver surfer scottish captain (thanks again hellvard)
    -altered mission rewards, so they grant double the money
    -altered some cuman units upkeep to bring them more in line
    -fixed a crash with the turkoman unit in battle
    -fixed a bugged battle location south of jerusalem
    -fixed aztec farms not working properly
    -some minor changes to unit stats and cost
    -removed the skynet cai, to get a little bit salt'n'peppa back in the campaign. in both my test campaigns this works out fine. I think I will keep it that way.
    -altered the skynet bai a little bit to remove the long lines in front of ladders and towers, if the front door is right open. this seems to work now too.
    -implemented the missing armor upgrade for mounted cuirassiers (by Medusa0)
    -removed the Skynet BAI
    -buffed the morale for all the units (who wants another slice...?)
    -Added the Really Bad AI 5.7 and G5 Settlement Tweaks 0.2 (by Germanicu5)

What happend to "I will revert the AI back to Vanilla"?

-Frustration happend. After removing the Skynet BAI I noticed a very strange behavior during sieges, as the attacker would line up left of the settlement after ramming in the gates and then proceed to prancing around the open gate and get shot to pieces.
    Now, after reimplementing Skynet, I could see the same behaviour and I did not know how to get rid of it, what I had done to deserve this and why I thought at 18 years of age drinking milk mixed with sugar, Amaretto, Batida de Coco and Advocaat was a bright idea (shut up, it tasted yummy).
    So desperate for a solution I thought love it and look at that Really Bad AI everyone is pestering you about. So I did implement it. Surprisingly easy to implement I have to say (I hope I have not loved up). And tested it out. Surprise, it fixed the "prancing" issue and i made some tests. I like it, it is now integrated. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.
    -CAI is still gone for good.

Total Vanilla Beyond Patch 3.2 Changes
    Change notes:

-Sami Axemen are now available in the unique mayors palace buildings
    -Constable of Tripoli now includes the constable as officer model
    -Damascus Urban Milita now have the correct skin and don't look so funny any more
    -The apachean Tomahawk now has a skin instead of shiny silver
    -Milan and the Papal states can no longer construct the Armory, as it was not necessary for them
    -A CTD related to the replenishment of Outremer Units has been fixed. it would occur if you built the Citadel of Tripoli and the Gun Powder event came around. I think because of this the unit available per settlement limit broke and led to a ctd (this occured as spain). So to remedy this, it is now sadly no longer possible to refresh outremer units in every outremer barrack (only Constablers and Marshalls remain like this). I did not want to do that, but I had to for the sake of a stable game with one ctd cause less.

I think thats about it. You may have to start a new campaign. But it might work with campaigns in progress.

Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Changes
    Change notes:

-
    -Fixed missing ancillaries (Palermo, Poitiers & Algiers now grant the right title and the lords can now finally show their bling-bling)
    -Added the gruesome Blood Priest Ancillary for the Aztecs
    -Faction leader and heirs now are called Kings and Princes or other appropriate things

-New trait from Explorers Guild (+line of sight) for diplomats, they now learn to use their glasses correctly
    -A spy is now not everytime a native pathfinder, but has to earn it by luck and many pathfindings
    -Trait Merchant - Banker (Banco Medici) ...I had a million dollars and I spent it all....
    -Fixed a CTD Bug that was present from 3.0 on. Now finally no random crashes anymore one you have an explorers guild and recruit a diplomat there.

-The rebel Carracks now no longer show, that they are peasants

-Fixed Venice Heavy Infantry Texture (now it is in the right order, the new order)
    -Fixed the Venetian Archer Textures as well (damn Venetians and their textures)

-The Naffatun received a buff and can now AOE the unlucky pot catchers
    -Naffatun and Firethrower received 2 Hitpoints, so they will die twice as long to archers
    -Dievas Guard now frighten foot, just the left foot, the right foot is braver
    -Conquistadores now learned to charge with +2 (Training hurray)
    -Reiters got more range (more powder, farther boom)
    -Mortars got now a greater AB (Area of Boom) and send the unlucky flying (Mortars are now useful)
    -Another Pikemen tweak (they are denser - no one said you need to be intelligent to hold a pike), some have more armor and they are now disciplined (no cookies before breakfast)
    -Removed phalanx formation from Halberd units and the like, they seem to be more effective now, especially when used by the AI
    -Hussites have learned to use their swords to sharpen stakes and deploy them
    -Regular Pikemen are now available for more factions (don't ask me which)
    -Some artillery units can now deplay stakes (maybe the Hussites were involved in this)
    -Serpent and Mortars now sport thre Boom Devices instead of 2
    -Scotland has now access to Crossbow Militia in Towns (finally not another pike unit for the poor Scots)
    -Removed the "no skirmishing" from the mounted gunpowder units - they are even more dangerous now (but not as dangerous as the common danger noodle or drop bears)
    -Stradiots can now be recruited from the Palazzo Ducale in Venice
    -Conquistador units now got a fancy captain officer, with a fancy feather on top to make them even more fancier
    -Slight range increase for Arquebusiers and Handgunners

-New Unit - Mounted Cossack Musketeers (Kievan Rus/ Novgorod) (you better watch out for them - they have very dangerous boom sticks)
    -New Unit - Mounted Naphta Throwers (Damascus) only available in Damascus - but boy do they raise hell
    -New Unit - Georgian Knight (available as Mercs in..... Georgia and surrounding areas) - very very touch and unbreakable mounted knights
    -Added normal pikemen mercs to europe and americas and Halberdiers Mercs to europe - so you have a better option in the late game (I am a generous Godess)

-Thieves Guild now provides happiness (constand surveillance through a spy networks tends to do that to citizens)
    -Highways only available in Cities, not Castles (makes them more distinct and shows that cities are better at building infrastructure)
    -Deleted Castle Market (they already have the Toll House and I needed the space)

-Zacatecas now sports the hidden americas resource
    -Cliffs of Dover are now in the game
    -Red brick castles for eastern european (also on the battlemap), because it looks very nice
    -New unique buildings - Bank of Florence/ Fugger / Gutenberg Printing Press/ Leonardo’s Workshop -/ Hippodrome Constantinople / Gold Mines Timbuktu / Gold Mines Tenoch (El Dorado) /Hashashin Fortress Alamut /Tenoch Zoo /Arsenale - Venice (Thats it now, no more unique buildings, I can not see them anymore)
    -Byzantium can now recruit units from the Hippodrome and the Colosseum (mhh, what could these units be?)
    -The Collosseum is now unique to Rome, like intended and you can recruit a colossal unit there
    -Melee upgrade for Aztecs from some buildings
    -Range Upgrade for Pachies from some other building

-Cathar event now sports a lot of heretics spawing at Toulouse (a lot, a very much a lot, a very much a whole bunch of lot, sooo many lots - better prepare your priests)
    -Plague now extends to americas (thise poor bastards)

-slight changes to the AI (invasion of slave regions) (Now you have to be even faster, pussycat, kill kill)

And the big religion content patch (now you have to manage it more)
    -Religions added (Tengrism Mongols + Cumans, Sun God Aztecs, Great Spirit Apachean, Judaism pops up everywhere, Protestantism for converted catholics)
    -Religion now spreads more naturally and trickles in through neighbouring settlements and the faction creator religion will try to push back.
    -Protestant Reform event. Every catholic faction can choose now to remain catholic or become protestand (between 1417 and 1517) - Hurray for Martin! And Hurray to Titus66 who gave me this wonderful suggestion
    -All Catholic factions will choose, some AIs are more likely to convert, others are not (keeping it with history but random)
    -made Protestant specific AI (like Catholic but Protestant )
    -Jews have now a Diaspora in certain settlements (the dispora in itself does nothing, is indestructible, but a needed precursor for the following jewish buildings which will spread Juadaism and provide benefits to offset the downside of religious unrest)
    -3 new jewish buildings, + 6 unique jewish buildings in jerusalem, granada, frankfurt, venice, cracow, prague
    -Ancillary Jewish Scholar (needs minimum Jewish Street in the Settlement)
    -Ancillary Golem in Prague and Old New Synagogue (creepy )
    -Heretics + Witches now are again more dangerous

-many custom battle maps fixed, show now right terrain (the coordinates were way off in some)

Heads will roll
    -Cokjan head ancillary (Oslo)
    -Alondite Ancillary (Toledo Manufacture)
    -Kasier Stahl Ancillary (Smederevo)
    -Athelstan Ancillary (Somewhere in Denmark maybe?)

-Fixed various, many and more small things

3.3.3 Patch

-Fixed ctds
    -added dismounted royal mamluks
    -much and more small changes and balancing (unit availability, units stats, buildings, etc. etc.)
    -and other wonderul stuff, because I have not kept track of the changes
    -fiery poison arrows for nubian archers

"The Last Hurray" patch for 3.3.3

-Damascus gets the Damascene Musketeers instead of Janissary Musketeers
    -All Halberd units now do not have the long_pike attribute anymore
    -removed a "maybe ctd" for polish resurrection (thanks to alondite)
    -horse breedes guild hq is now correctly available in citadels - hashashim guild hq is not meant to be available in citadels (this is no bug) -various small fixes

Works of other, used in this mod

Retrofit Mod by Unspoken Knight (TWCenter)
    Grand unit addon mod by Calendarius (TWCenter)
    Stone Forts Complete by Gigantus (TWCenter)
    Dismounted Mailed Knights by Lord Condormanius (TWCenter)
    G5 Settlement Tweaks v1.01 for M2TW\Kingdoms by Germanicu5 (TWCenter)
    Historical Region Names (submod for Total Vanilla Beyond) by Balsiefen (TWCenter) (Thank you)
    Dismounted Polish Nobles models by Hellvard (TWCenter)
    High Quality Sky Textures Project 1.0 by Hereje (TWCenter)
    Skynet AI by z3n and Europa Barbarorum II (TWCenter)
    Imported Rome Berserker Model from the De Bello Mundi Mod (TW Center)
    Really Bad AI 5.7 and G5 Settlement Tweaks 1.01 (by Germanicu5)
    Unbroken Red Brick Battlemap Settlements (files provided by Gigantus)

A special thanks to Titus66 for the now approx. 40 pages document, where he made his suggestions for #3.3 and we discussed it

And much inspiration and help from the TW Center Forum

FAQ

Would you like a cookie?

-Yes

I want you to add something (insert: faction, settlement, unit, building), can you do that?

-The mod is at it's limit capacity, and this is the final version. So, no I won't

But this is not historical accurate!

-Yes

Are there hot single ladies near me, that want to get to know me?

-Most definitve

How many men have you butchered for this mod?
    -Millions

Add Serbia!
    -No

Are you a god?
    -Yes, and now bring me your ship, so I can get off this planet!

What do you plan to do next?
    -I don't know. Maybe something completely different... Maybe something Total Bananas

Where do I report bugs or ask questions?

-Right here

Last Words

So, this is the end. For real now
    Nothing left to say but: Thanks that you have joined me on the journey making this mod and have fun on your campaign.

thanksloveyoubye
    -zumi
    Last edited by 4zumi; June 09, 2019 at 08:36 AM.

Author of
    Developer of

Starting Positions

Here be monsters
    (the look of the campaign map)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Author of
    Developer of

reserved

Author of
    Developer of

This seems lit! I am not sure which campaign should I jump, This or Banana

Holy Big Smoke, this mod is the devil, now how am I going to pass the exam? Congratulation on the release 4zumi! I'd carve a kingdom of Cookies and name every settlement after the recipes of cookies to honor you. Downloading now!

Anyway when you said new units and new buildings, I thought you have reached the limit? Are there some units/buildings replaced? (except for castle market as you said, but did you know that toll house doesn't bring that much benefit either)

Nice Job! I got to take a look and looks great! I will play as the papal states once again once I finish my hw for the day.

@karasis
    Why not both?

@cokjan
    I am sorry to be the cause for your academic failure ...
    And I like that cookie carving, go on...
    Limits are limits, but I know ways to bend them. But to answer your question: I merged some of the unique buildings in other building trees to make room for the tuna. I could make some more uniques, blend in other building trees, that have not reached the limit of 9 buildings per tree, but I have absolutely no intention of doing so . And yes the unit limit was reached long ago, but I killed some minor ones off, like the Azabs or I blended units together like the Bill units of England. There is now no more Bill Militia, but you can recruit now regular Billmen in cities, which gave me 2 more slots to fill, and so on. You won't miss a killed off unit, I think.
    So yes, in the units, i can not make new ones without destroying old ones.
    The deletion of the castle market was a gameplay decision. Castles are not really for moneymaking, I needed a slot, so I decided the market had to go. And I know, that the Toll House does not yield much, but that is intended. it is a feature now! Whooohoo.

@sulli
    Thanks, and have fun on your campaign

Author of
    Developer of

thanks for the final update azumi! i liked the mod very much on 3.1 and wanna try it but mega is problematic if you dont have a premium account... so stuck at downloading it

could you share a link that is uploaded elsewhere?

You are welcome. Sure, i can upload it to mediafire too.
    I will share the link later

Author of
    Developer of

Now you have also a Mediafire link for downloading above

Author of
    Developer of

How did this happen?
    I thought this mod was finished??
    Nice. Gotta redownload this mod.
    More fun awaits.

Nice work man

I want to be rid of Venice and the byzantine empire but don't want to waste more money and troops. Such a conumdrm!

@fizbun
    Thanks.
    And you got to thank Titus66 for this. He contacted me and suggested some (many, many, many) ideas and bugfixed. Mostly bugfixes at first. But this evolved over time with his suggestions for new content. From this discussions derived the new content update and i am really glad he did that.
    After finishing this, TVB feels even more complete, or better said, it is complete now, as I have no more intentions to change the mod

@sulli
    I can not save you from this Maybe you should make friends with them. Stop fighting and start loving.

Author of
    Developer of

Yeah... no! I want them destroyed so my empire can expand to the east. I need Jerusalem for starters! It sucks that there are no crusader faction. Oh well who needs them!

You are your own crusader faction. Go get Jerusalem and be forgiven all your sins.

Author of
    Developer of

sins like that cant be forgiven!

hey zumi, first of all thank you for this mod its the best one in my opinion i never get bored of it.
    secondly is there any way that i myself can change the forts back to wooden or make the stones ones detroyable?
    also id like to change it so the newer stronger units dont replace the old ones so i have more to choose from is this possible?

many thanks,

p.s im no computer wizard but im not useless either

hey twitch,

you are welcome.
    Yes, there is a way to make them destroyable with a simple text edit. i will look it up for you.
    The other thing is possible, but would be a great amount of work by editing the whole EDB,... wait, it is even more complicated than this, because you will certainly get a ctd once you settle in the levant, because there is a hardcoded available unit limit for settlements which would be exceeded if all the lower tier units would be make available. So, even more work and testing and you would have to kick many units from the levant.

Author of
    Developer of

@all(the single ladies that gettin down like this)

A crazy roman brought a bug to my attention. The Hospitaller Knights have silver surfer horses, when played as norway or ireland. I will fix that bug in an upcoming patch (this may take some time, while I wait on more intel on other bugs for this patch, and things i noticed post release, that i wanted to implement)

thanks love you by

aaaaaaand to settle this arguement once and for all.
    The Saracen Militia keeps its heavy voice because even in Kingdoms (Crusade Campaign), they have that entry.

And stat wise they are heavy

type Saracen Militia
    dictionary Saracen_Militia ; Saracen Militia
    category infantry
    class spearmen
    voice_type Heavy
    banner faction main_spear
    banner holy crusade
    soldier Saracen_Militia, 24, 0, 1
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit
    formation 1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square, schiltrom
    stat_health 1, 0
    stat_pri 9, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 25, 0.6
    ;stat_pri_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr spear, spear_bonus_8
    stat_sec 0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 25, 1
    ;stat_sec_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 3, 5, 8, metal
    ;stat_armour_ex 3, 5, 0, 0, 5, 8, 8, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 1
    stat_ground 1, 2, 5, -2
    stat_mental 5, normal, trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 270, 60, 35, 85, 270, 4, 80
    armour_ug_levels 2, 3
    armour_ug_models Saracen_Militia, Saracen_Militia_ug1
    ownership egypt, turks, slave
    ;unit_info 9, 0, 16
    recruit_priority_offset 0

Author of
    Developer of

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast