Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

Default Re: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

After the last hurry files I can't start the game. Only to first screen then always off. I copied the files very carefully and double checked everything so I don't know why.

4zumi's Avatar This one sparks joy

could you please upload me the log file (you will find it where the medieval2.exe is located, i would just need the last few lines
    Proudly under the patronage of King Athelstan of the Imperial House of Hader

Author of
    Total Vanilla Beyond mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms &
    Developer of
    Total Bananas mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms (beta)

Steam Workshop Mods for Rome 2, Warhammer, Warhammer 2

Discord: zumi's cookie corner
    Fighting for launch of "Cookie Friday" and "No Pants Saturday"

Quote Originally Posted by 4zumi View Post
    could you please upload me the log file (you will find it where the medieval2.exe is located, i would just need the last few lines
    14:14:02.726 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    14:14:02.726 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 5 2014 version development ===
    14:14:02.731 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    14:14:02.732 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    14:14:02.733 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    14:14:02.735 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    14:14:02.736 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    14:14:02.736 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    14:14:06.338 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/totalvanillab/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 8939, column 24
    stat_pri statistic refers to non-existant projectile type 'nubian_composite_arrow'
    14:14:06.338 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/totalvanillab/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 8939, column 24
    failed to read statistic for unit type 'Nubian Archers'
    14:14:06.338 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods/totalvanillab/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

strange, this was included into the 3.3.3 download.
    are you sure you have 3.3.3 or some version from before?

Author of
    Developer of

"total_vanilla_beyond#3.3"

this the rar file name.

jup, thats where your problem lies.
    this is not 3.3.3

but you know what, i included now some minot fixes that alondite pointed out and i am uploading now the completely assembled version
    TVB 3.3.3 with the Last Hurray Patch and the first patch for the LH Patch

Check back in an hour or so when it is uploaded.
    Delete any old versions of the mod, download the new one I will provide and you should be set

see ya later

Author of
    Developer of

Allright then thank you for your help I'll be waiting.

Last edited by 4zumi; June 09, 2019 at 11:14 AM.

Author of
    Developer of

Hi 4zumi, i already got the Permission from Lifhrasir - SSHIP to use the Castles and Cities models.

Im waiting for the others.

And here the new thread
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...4#post15798164
    Last edited by Joe Hander; June 10, 2019 at 08:08 AM.

Hey mate can you help me with this?

18:46:11.768 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, motte_and_bailey -> village, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    18:46:11.768 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, wooden_castle -> town, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    18:46:11.768 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, wooden_castle -> town, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    18:46:11.769 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, castle -> large_town, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    18:46:11.769 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, castle -> large_town, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    18:46:11.769 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, castle -> large_town, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    18:46:11.769 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, fortress -> city, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    18:46:11.769 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, fortress -> city, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    18:46:11.769 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, fortress -> city, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    18:46:11.769 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    18:46:11.769 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    18:46:11.769 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    18:46:39.191 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

robb8, mean my submod?

nop. this is from the last patch.

@joe
    good
    I have seen your post, good work

@robb
    this indicates a ctd with unknown cause, mostly by the battlemodelsdb.
    when does the crash happen?

do you have any other mods installed that alter the base installation files?

Try redownloading the last version I provided. This is my current working version. The log sadly does not tell me where something went wrong.

Author of
    Developer of

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

I think I am a few patches behind so not sure if it was addressed, but the Swedish island Wisby.. shouldn't that be called Visby?

Keep running into this problem whenever I try to start a new campaign once copied and paste new submod into tvb today.

16:36:12.101 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, wooden_castle -> town, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    16:36:12.101 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, wooden_castle -> town, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    16:36:12.101 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, castle -> large_town, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    16:36:12.101 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, castle -> large_town, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    16:36:12.101 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, castle -> large_town, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    16:36:12.102 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, fortress -> city, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    16:36:12.102 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, fortress -> city, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    16:36:12.102 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, fortress -> city, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    16:36:12.102 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    16:36:12.102 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    16:36:12.102 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    16:38:03.569 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

Any ideas on how I fix this problem?

For once I can say: Not my problem

This seems to be a missing texture in the submod. Maybe Joe can help.
    You want to run the detailed trace log, to find the culprit which has a missing texture. The last entry there might be the model causing the issue.

Author of
    Developer of

Hi Sullivan, try replace this file inside data folder to see if fix - https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Gs...ew?usp=sharing

I test it today and everything works normal.

Just notice, we cannot convert cities to castle with Astecs...

Thanks!

21:43:58.545 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, motte_and_bailey -> village, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    21:43:58.545 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, wooden_castle -> town, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    21:43:58.545 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, wooden_castle -> town, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    21:43:58.545 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, castle -> large_town, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    21:43:58.545 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, castle -> large_town, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    21:43:58.545 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, castle -> large_town, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    21:43:58.546 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, fortress -> city, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    21:43:58.546 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, fortress -> city, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    21:43:58.546 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, fortress -> city, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    21:43:58.546 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    21:43:58.546 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    21:43:58.546 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    21:46:26.292 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    21:48:54.039 [data.invalid] [error] Insufficient video memory to load requested texture set.

I am still having this problem! Can anyone help me? I am trying to load my scotish saved game but I got a ctd.

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Aside from the Apacheans castle tiers, the insufficient video memory sounds familiar.. you have the 4gb patch applied to your kingdoms.exe right?