Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

Default Re: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

Hey Zumi! quick question. Do I have to rename the Mod file to a kingdoms name so it can be launched? The installation instructions seem less instructive then the last versions

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

@jmillz, if you are playing Medieval 2 on Steam then yeah you need to rename the folder to one of the expansions (so change the expansion folders to different names like "teutonic backup" and stuff)

Hi honored Modders,

at first I really enjoyed your Mod 4Zumi and I played so many hours in several campaigns now but I always had a CTD at the year of 1450 (maybe that's important ^^) with the following last line in the system.log:

[data.invalid] [error] World creation error: couldn't find unit description for unit type 'Peasant Crossbowmen'.
    [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

What can I do for fixing the problem? I tried out a few things but I'm too scared to destroy any data.

Thank you very much for your Mod by the way !!!

Alondite's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by jmillz890 View Post
    Hey Zumi! quick question. Do I have to rename the Mod file to a kingdoms name so it can be launched? The installation instructions seem less instructive then the last versions
    No, though that's indeed a way to launch a mod on Steam, there has been much more methods to do so.

You can simply double click the "TotalVanillaBeyond(Steam).bat" provided by 4zumi in the "totalvanillab" folder, note that not the .lnk one. In this case, you don't have to rename anything, of course you can create a shortcut of the .bat file on your desktop to make launching easier next time.

However if you have renamed the mod folder to "teutonic" or somewhat, be sure that you rename it back to "totalvanillab" if you want to use the method above.
    Last edited by Alondite; July 15, 2019 at 06:36 PM.

Alondite's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Twfannumberone View Post
    Hi honored Modders,

at first I really enjoyed your Mod 4Zumi and I played so many hours in several campaigns now but I always had a CTD at the year of 1450 (maybe that's important ^^) with the following last line in the system.log:

[data.invalid] [error] World creation error: couldn't find unit description for unit type 'Peasant Crossbowmen'.
    [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

What can I do for fixing the problem? I tried out a few things but I'm too scared to destroy any data.

Thank you very much for your Mod by the way !!!
    Ah... I'm not 4zumi but I am pretty sure that in your campaign, Venice has been destroyed and is to reemerge because the city Venice or Bologna is rioting. Year of 1450 actually doesn't matter.

I'm afraid that you have to load a savegame of several turns before and try your best to prevent Venice or Bologna from rioting.
    In the worst case, if you cannot prevent the city from rioting, you have to restart a campaign with a bug-fixed version. Yes this fix is not savegame-compatible.

I know where the bug is and how to fix it, but I'm not 4zumi so don't know his decision about this. However, if 4zumi not coming back after a period of time (maybe several days? it's up to you), I could upload my version of bug-fixed patch for you to restart a campaign if you can't wait.

Or, if you want to fix it by yourself, open "totalvanillab\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt", and check the line mentioned in the picture below. You can also search for "peasant crossbowmen" to find them, note that not "ME peasant crossbowmen". What you can do is either of:
    1. delete the whole line.
    2. replace "Peasant Crossbowmen" with a unit valid for Venice, I think "Crossbow Militia" would fit.

Again, this change is NOT savegame-compatible. You have to restart a new campaign to make it work. However you can still play your current savegame, just note that the fix will not be applied and CTD will still come if Venice reemerge.

@4zumi
    I didn't find this error last time. I think you just deleted the 'Peasant Crossbowmen' in EDU for space in your latest version, or mis-add them to the troops of reemerging Venice, maybe referring to "Crossbow Militia".
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Alondite; July 15, 2019 at 07:32 PM.

4zumi's Avatar This one sparks joy

@alondite

thanks, yeah i missed that. The peasant crossbowmen are gone and only the militia is left.
    Good work pointing this out. I will write it on my list and make a quick fix for it when i get to it.

And it is her ;P

@numberone
    as alondite pointed out your only hope is to prevent the cities from rioting
    otherwise you wait for the fix until you start a new game, or take alondites advice and correct the mistake in the script yourself. Just use the militia crossbow version and it should be fine.

@jmillz
    what dragour said

@dragour
    thanks

@all
    still busy. so responses are late. but i see that questions are in capeable hands thanks for that.
    Proudly under the patronage of King Athelstan of the Imperial House of Hader

Author of
    Total Vanilla Beyond mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms &
    Developer of
    Total Bananas mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms (beta)

Steam Workshop Mods for Rome 2, Warhammer, Warhammer 2

Discord: zumi's cookie corner
    Fighting for launch of "Cookie Friday" and "No Pants Saturday"

So will there be anything new with this mod? Just curious?!

@Alondite

Thank you very very much for your detailed explanation and the help <3

I think will try to stop them from rioting by using a previous savegame and try to end the campaign without the fix and then when I'm through I will play a new one with the fix.

@4zumi

Thank you too for replying

Hello. Can you help me with this mate?

18:26:50.256 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    18:26:50.256 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    18:26:50.256 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    18:26:50.506 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/totalvanillab/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 23889, column 37
    Building level name c_market not found as a level in building database
    18:27:28.051 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    18:28:04.161 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Oh, that could be because of my submod. I think c_market got removed and I must have forgotten to update this in the files I uploaded. Will fix shortly.

Update: fixed.

@robb and larz
    yes that is is. c_market got removed

Author of
    Developer of

And here you go.
    Update 2 (which includes the persian archers buff/fix

Download-unpack-put it in the mod folder-drink something - start the game !! not save game compatible!!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aciotm...25232.zip/file

Author of
    Developer of

While I'm here, I am having some bink-related issues with a few videos causing CTDs.

Example (this happened during some random AI turn):
    01:21:02.871 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    01:21:02.871 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    01:21:02.988 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Any ideas?

nope, that is not a bink issue. it is some untraceable error, that pops up from time to time, haven't had it in a long time. Do you use a submod? that may be the cause

Author of
    Developer of

I get it (without any submods) regularly, but it always follows a bink message (at least so far). Will test further.

If you find what it causes you get a cookie, because I was unable to find it and haven't had it in a long time.
    It could be caused by a trait or so trigger, but as I said, I was not able to find it.

Author of
    Developer of

So what I am going to do with my market error?

I uploaded some fixed files to the submod thread here: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15816301

Using those should fix it. Apologies for the trouble.

"Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit" I play france. Submod:enhanced traits. fml