Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

Alondite's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

My game successfully loads with those lines in export_descr_guilds. Honestly speaking I don't know why yours can't.

And you have to delete the data/world/maps/base/map.rwm after editing the descr_regions, otherwise nothing will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alondite View Post
    And you have to delete the data/world/maps/base/map.rwm after editing the descr_regions, otherwise nothing will happen.
    , no, of course )))
    I don't think about map.rwm , will try, thanks very much!

Hip, hip, hurray! It's working now!!! )))
    Alondite, great thanks!
    Will try to use your code for destroy buildings soon, with this game i forgot about my work in real life

Hi 4zumi! I really love your mod, especially the new units for the Byzantines. :-) But I've got a question about that; the Scholae Palatinae are restricted to only 1 recruitable unit. I'd like to remove this restriction to make big legions with this unit (I renamed them to 'Roman Cohort' to make them more 'standard roman'). I tried modding export_descr_buildings (changed the available unitpool to 30 instead of 1) but it didn't work out the way I wanted it to. It still shows up as a 'grayed out' unit (I already built 1, but - that's actually the point - I want to be able to make more of them). Do you know a way to mod this?
    Thanks for the help and for this AMAZING mod!! :-)

Anyone? @alondite could you maybe help me with this?

I guess you're talking about the maximum number of points?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    recruit_pool "NE Bombard" 1 0.4 3 0 requires factions { england, scotland, france, hre, denmark, spain, portugal, milan, venice, papal_states, sicily, }
    The first part, recruit_pool, defines the type of capability. Then comes a unit's type name (the name in the "type" line of the export_descr_unit.txt) in quotes. Next comes the four numbers that define the recruit pool. The way that a recruit pool works is that there are points. The building starts with a certain amount of points, and gains more every turn. You spend one point every time that you want to recruit a unit. There is a limit to how many points that the building can have. The first number is the starting number of points. The second number is the number of points that the building gains each turn. The third number is the maximum number of points. The last number, which must be between 0 and 9, is the starting experience of the units trained there. In addition, you can tie the capability (and this goes for all capabilities) to a requirement, using any combination of the four defined earlier. In this example, the Gunsmith has a recruit pool for Bombards when you are playing as England, Scotland, France, The Holy Roman Empire, Denmark, Spain, Portugal, Milan, Venice, The Papal States, and Sicily. It starts with 1 point, and gains 0.4 points per turn. There are a maximum of three points in the pool. The Bombards will start with 0 experience.

There are three lines in EDB talking about Scholae Palatinae. The ones in Huge Stone Wall and Citadel are the same:
    Code:
    recruit_pool "Scholae Palatinae"  	0   0.1   0.999  0  requires factions { byzantium, } and event_counter holds_rome 1
    They are only for retraining (in other settlements).

The recruit_pool in "palatin" is the one for the recruitment.
    Code:
    recruit_pool "Scholae Palatinae"  1   0.5   1  0  requires factions { byzantium, }
    I guess you changed it to:
    Code:
    recruit_pool "Scholae Palatinae"  1   0.5   30  0  requires factions { byzantium, }
    Then it should work, i.e. after waiting for several turns, you can simultaneously recruit up to 30 (not that much because of limited recruitment_slots though) Scholae Palatinae in one turn.

Well yes I did the change the same way as you did, but still it won't work; https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c0QuqNQDJt9cr66gitGrueVJMKn9nM2A/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JNX...ew?usp=sharing

I don't get it why it doesn't work..

I think you might need to restart a campaign. There are tons kinds of changes not savegame-compatible. I’m not sure about EDB but you had better try restart one anyway.

Ok, will do! Thanks for the replies! :-)

Hi guys,

Today is the day that i found you!! Yeahhh...

I think, i am gonna play the best of Medieval 2 mod.. ( i believe that i have tried 70% all of the mods for MK2)
    Thanks to the modders!

I have already download it (v 3.3.3)... but i have a problem... It crash in the start with all bat files ............
    I have the cd Version 1.5 patch.. i run the game in windows XP mode as admin..... it show's me no log file...
    I have unistall the hole game.. i delete all the other mods (73GB) i reinstall the hole game.. and still the same problem...
    the last 5 hours i spend them try to fix it...

Can you help me?

That sucks! My mods work but did you install it in the right path? If not then do so if you did earlier then you have a corrupt download.

Default Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    That sucks! My mods work but did you install it in the right path? If not then do so if you did earlier then you have a corrupt download.

Well finally i manage to get a log file..it is a step and i hope it can helps!!

13:21:09.122 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    13:21:09.122 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Jun 25 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2.1-30 (43169) ===
    13:21:09.122 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    13:21:09.122 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    13:21:09.122 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    13:21:09.122 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    13:21:09.122 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    13:21:09.122 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    13:21:14.173 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/totalvanillab/data/descr_projectile.txt, at line 1485, column 1
    Expected 'display'
    13:21:14.504 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Can you help me?

Finally!!! I did this... i Reinstal again all the game and somehow it works now!!!! WTF?????

Guys,(to all modders) thanks for the awesome mod!! Realy!!! i think already that it is the best from all!

Thanks for your work!!
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; December 06, 2019 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Double.

Hi,

i really enjoy this great mod but i have 1 issue which makes my game less enjoyable overall.

Lot of units and the world map looks like they have very high contrast ratio or some strange HDR. Everything is very glowy / shiny. Knights armor or mountain tops for example. Its most noticable if its sunny on battle map.

Is there any way i can tone down on contrast or change some settings? This might be how the mod is supposed to look like but for me its just not good look at all.

thanks,

That's strange. The units are basically vanilla. It may be a matter of lighting? Try to delete the data/globallighting folder, then lighting should be reverted back to vanilla.

For world map, it should look like this: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...1#post15781123 (open the spoiler). If they are different from what you saw in your game, could you please take a screenshot of them?

Thank you for your quick reply, that fixed it, now they dont shine nearly as bright as they do in vanilla. Basically every fight i had as Portugal against France was just big blob of shiningness, seriously, our armies could work as giant mirror. We could conduct sun shining warfare against our enemies to burn them alive.

I've been trying to get the Unit Banners back (in the tactical battle mode) for some time. I've found and tried solutions posted in these forums.

I've reset show_banners = 0 to 1 in several config files. (also turning off and on Read Only). Many already have show banners = 1.

Is there something I am missing? How do I get the large banners back?

Total Vanilla and Beyond 3.3.

Loving this mod! Though I encountered a bug that crashes the game and I was wondering if anyone knows how to get past it. I'm playing a hotseat game as Norway and Hungary, and every time I click end turn on turn 110 (year 1298) as Norway, the game encounters and unspecified error and quits. I noticed people talking about something with the Templar Chapter Houses on the year 1300, so that could have something to do with it since that's the year of the next turn, but I don't know. I can provide more information if needed, but I currently have tried every trick I know of to get past it. I really do not want to have to restart our campaign, so if anyone knows of a way to get past it, I would be extremely appreciative!

Is there a cheat that changes the year number? We have the dev console enabled so skipping that year could be the answer, but I do not know how to change the year. I tried typing "date <1250>" into the cheat bar hoping that would work, but I can't get it to change the year.

Thanks in advance for any help. This mod is seriously great, and is just what I was looking for to bring a new light to Medieval II! Thanks for your years of hard work!

I think it's nothing to do with Templar Chapter Houses. It was only proposed by a guy in this forum but not implemented at all.

Could you please provide the log file, which should be in totalvanillab/logs/system.log.txt?

Quote Originally Posted by Alondite View Post
    I think it's nothing to do with Templar Chapter Houses. It was only proposed by a guy in this forum but not implemented at all.

Could you please provide the log file, which should be in totalvanillab/logs/system.log.txt?
    In my file explorer, totalvanillab/logs folder is empty. I searched totalvanillab for a file called "system.log.txt" and can't find it. Am I missing something? maybe that's part of the problem. Thanks so much for your help!

4zumi's Avatar This one sparks joy

Hello Folks,

oh my gosh. Sorry for beeing absent for sooo long. And a very big thank you to you, Alondite for helping all the folks and answering the questions (have a bag of cookies for that).
    Because of RL and other reasons I needed a break, sorry for not mentioning it and leaving you all in the dark.

Sooo, Matt, you want to look into the Medeival 2 base install folder where you will find the system.log.txt, this is the one we are looking for. There are no logs stored in the mod folder that are of any importance.

So, sorry again, forgive me, but I needed some time.

Happy new year by the way

thanksloveyoubye
    Proudly under the patronage of King Athelstan of the Imperial House of Hader

Author of
    Total Vanilla Beyond mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms &
    Developer of
    Total Bananas mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms (beta)

Steam Workshop Mods for Rome 2, Warhammer, Warhammer 2

Discord: zumi's cookie corner
    Fighting for launch of "Cookie Friday" and "No Pants Saturday"