Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

It would still help to post the last section of the crash log because the amazing Azumi would be able to figure out what is wrong =P

4zumi's Avatar This one sparks joy

Hey

your issue could be caused by the submods you are using, like you stated in your pm to me. Try the bare mod, and see, if it works this way.
    Some submods are not up to the latest version of the mod and could cause the issues.
    Proudly under the patronage of King Athelstan of the Imperial House of Hader

Author of
    Total Vanilla Beyond mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms &
    Developer of
    Total Bananas mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms (beta)

Steam Workshop Mods for Rome 2, Warhammer, Warhammer 2

Discord: zumi's cookie corner
    Fighting for launch of "Cookie Friday" and "No Pants Saturday"

Hi, 4zumi!
    Great mod, great thanks, bro!
    Listen, all what you released is super: new units, map, regions, AI, and so on. But one thing is bad! That ships of early period can sweem to America! Its wrong! How i can fix it???

If i change date of "world is round", fraction of America will not work, right? Maybe, the game will not work too???

Maybe I can tunning unit of ship or smth else, and its cant swim to America untill you can build carracks, like in original MTW2?

And the new one)))
    Now i'm working with export_descr_unit, I want to create new tactic for units in your mod. For example, Chivalry Knights will have primary attack 11, charge 10, secondary 11, defence 29. They kill sword and backlers unit for one charge! This is chivalry tank ))) But this unit will cost 5000, upkeep will 3000! And so on, i think i will do it around one month, because i need to test all units in fight.
    So, i have one problem! I don't like light lance in this game! It is not true, for example, mongols 100% cant use this lance! They use spear! Conquistadores used the same light lance, like spear, just remember Don Quijote! How i can change this weapon??? Can you help me, 4zumi??? PLEASE!!!!! ))))

And please, tell me, what is the first number of stat_ground mean? Second is sand, third is wood, fourth is snow.
    Waht mean recruit_priority_offset ??? If number is greater, than AI recruit this unit often? Which maximum?

Hah! I found real Medieval war prices )))
    So 1 knight have 32 florins/month (4 ounce of gold).
    1 mounted sergeant = 15 fl/m
    1 swordsmen = 8 fl/m
    1 crossbowmen = 5 fl/m (3 soldo or 0,5 ounce of gold)
    1 spearmen = 3 fl/m

Its upkeep cost. If timescale = 1.00, then REAL upkeep of 60 knights (maximum size unit) = 23040 florin/year !!!! I think this unit can cost 90000 florins )))

About buildings... For example, Caernarfon Castle in 1270 year cost 27000 pound sterling and was build (rebuild) 12 years (when Edward I «Longshanks» was king). Its around 166 000 florins!!!

I will try to introduce this prices, hope that economics in the game will not bankrupt standing )))

1 crossbowmen = 5 fl/m (3 soldo or 0,5 ounce of gold)

mistake, 3 soldo/day

Alondite's Avatar Semisalis

Hey man,

I'm not 4zumi, but I can reply some of your questions. Hope it can help

Quote Originally Posted by Agadjano View Post
    But one thing is bad! That ships of early period can sweem to America! Its wrong! How i can fix it???
    I believe it is one of the features of Total Vanilla, in which players can develop their colony in American right after the campaign starts. It's done like that in purpose, not an error. How to fix seems to be a matter of mapping, unfortunately I'm not familiar with that.

If i change date of "world is round", fraction of America will not work, right? Maybe, the game will not work too???
    I'm sure that the things still works similarly. What the event "world is round" does is only to unlock the naval drydock and late-era ship units, such as caravel and grande carrack. Fraction of America isn't tied to that in Total Vanilla since players can still go to America without late-era ships. Or, you can simply play as the Aztecs then your home will be directly in America.

Maybe I can tunning unit of ship or smth else, and its cant swim to America untill you can build carracks, like in original MTW2?
    As I said, I believe it's a matter of mapping, don't think tunning units of ship work in this situation. And again, 4zumi set it like this for purpose. It's fine if someone is willing to make a submod for that, but I don't think 4zumi will take this under consideration for his official release.

So, i have one problem! I don't like light lance in this game! It is not true, for example, mongols 100% cant use this lance! They use spear! Conquistadores used the same light lance, like spear, just remember Don Quijote! How i can change this weapon??? Can you help me, 4zumi??? PLEASE!!!!! ))))
    Man, I know how to work with that, but you have to learn tons of things to realize that.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    -View EDU to know which model it uses: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ort_Descr_Unit
    -Get the vanilla 3D model files, i.e. mesh file: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...cking-the-Game
    -A tutorial about how to merge models. Pictures are dead so please download the pdf version: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...dieval-2-units
    -You may need this for moving UV map and further debugging: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...e-of-Knowledge
    Then unfortunately you have to work on them one by one.

Total Vanilla keeps things vanilla, so the lance is still there as the vanilla game. If you really care about that and don't want to spend too much time on learning and modding, I recommend you to try some other mods.

And please, tell me, what is the first number of stat_ground mean? Second is sand, third is wood, fourth is snow.
    Waht mean recruit_priority_offset ??? If number is greater, than AI recruit this unit often? Which maximum?
    Take a look of the EDU tutoral: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ort_Descr_Unit. I have to say the effect of recruit_priority_offset is not obvious even with large number. The main consider for AI recruitment is still cost and performance.

Hah! I found real Medieval war prices )))
    A submod is always welcomed. But again, I don't think 4zumi will take this under consideration for his official release. He tries to keep existing things vanilla, as the title says.
    Last edited by Alondite; November 02, 2019 at 09:23 PM.

Alondite, thanks for your answers.
    Last week i was read very many information about modding and understand many things about it.
    About light lance i understand, thanks! Now its very difficult to me, maybe later.
    About modding - now i make submod for myself, with new realistic economics and units. If 4zumi watch my submod and help me to make it better, maybe he wil realese new version of his mod with my changes - its will be great. If not - don't matter.

About heavy seas and ability to swim to Americs - the question is open! I need help to fix it. Now i change the date of event "world is round" + make apach and aztecs nonplayable. But its not true decision!
    What i want? I want, that cogs, galleys and another early period ships can't swim to America, except viking (norge and danish) dragon boats! So only they can open Iceland and America early than another factions!

And another question for 4zumi: why i can't see trade fleet on strat map??? Its sure working???

Alondite's Avatar Semisalis

About heavy seas and ability to swim to Americs - the question is open! I need help to fix it. Now i change the date of event "world is round" + make apach and aztecs nonplayable. But its not true decision!
    What i want? I want, that cogs, galleys and another early period ships can't swim to America, except viking (norge and danish) dragon boats! So only they can open Iceland and America early than another factions!
    Well, you didn't get my point. There are two types of "sea", say one is "shallow sea", the other one is "deep sea".

Every ships can sail on the shallow sea, but only late-era fleets such as carrack can sail on the deep sea.

In vanilla game, Europe and America are divided by deep sea. So you cannot arrive America without late-era fleets. The "world is round" event unlocks late-era fleets, that's why it seems that we cannot arrive America without the event.

In Total Vanilla, there are no deep sea between Europe and America, that's why even cogs can go to Florida since every sea tile are shallow sea. The "world is round" becomes not matter very much because late-era ships are no longer necessary.

To remove the feature, you gave to edit the map to add the deep sea. But unfortunately I don't know how.

Quote Originally Posted by Alondite View Post
    Well, you didn't get my point.
    In Total Vanilla, there are no deep sea between Europe and America, that's why even cogs can go to Florida since every sea tile are shallow sea. The "world is round" becomes not matter very much because late-era ships are no longer necessary.
    Alondite, sure, i understand it. )

Quote Originally Posted by Alondite View Post
    To remove the feature, you gave to edit the map to add the deep sea. But unfortunately I don't know how.
    So, the question to 4zumi about it is open!

Hah! I found it, how to make oceanbetween europe and america!
    map_ground_types.tga
    Color of ocean is dark red.
    And we need to delete file map.rwn after editing and before we start new campaign/

People, please help! I discovered that max price limit of buildings in game is 65000 florins. How to lift it???

I hope that Azumi don't ignore me )

And how to lift taxes income??? I was try to use taxable_income_bonus , its don't work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

People, please help! I discovered that max price limit of buildings in game is 65000 florins. How to lift it???

I hope that Azumi don't ignore me )
    There is no way to increase the max price limit but what you can do instead is add an upkeep to the building.

Lusitanio, great thanks!

Please, help me, how to add the event, for example, dissolution of Templar Knights Order??? That since 1312 all Templar guilds was destruction!