Thread: CTD after Patch 3.3

Default CTD after Patch 3.3

I have a CTD after I have installed the last patch and tried to start a campaign with Ma Teng. Here are the errors :

Default Re: CTD after Patch 3.3

I've just tried a clean install (both 2 primary parts and the last patch only) and it gave me exactly the same CTD and error reports shown in the 2 pictures above. What is strange is that after I download all 3 parts, it detects nothing wrong. Its only when I start the game and tries to play a campaign. I select Ma Teng, and it loads. The CTD occurs when the campaign map is suppose to appear after the download bar is full.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

The file mismatch will happen if the check is run after you started the mod - the files in question are provided as 'zero byte' files by the installer to force the game to generate new files. You can cross check that by installing the 3.3 patch into another directory and look up those files.

The generated sound DAT files should be 6 and 420MB, the map.rwm file close to 3MB (after the first start).

There is an odd ball occurrence when the game crashes the first time you start it (it's mentioned in the original instructions) - we had reports it's the same with the latest patch. Please try to start the mod a second time and see if the crash happens again.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 02, 2019 at 11:44 PM.

Yes you're right. I knew about the CTD but I thought it would occured during the game and not while loading to start the campaign. My bad. Thanks for the help! ^^

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

No problem. Our guess is that the issue arises on some machines when the sound files get generated, could be a memory leak.