Thread: Game crash whenever i start a battle,or sometime during ai turn

Default Game crash whenever i start a battle,or sometime during ai turn

Hello! I've played with this game a lot back in the days but it was owned by my older brother so i bought it again on my own steam account and now I'm going back to play it, or at least I'm trying... Long story short, I can't paly the game, every time i try to fight a battle it crash and if i do not fight it still crash after some turns in game, I just don't know what to do, i don't think it's a problem of my computer since it runs warhammer 2 smoothly. I've found some post with the same issue around the internet but i just can't understand what people are saiyng nor if they did somehow resolve the issue, the only thing I kinda of understood is that the problem is connected to an old update that came with rise of the samurai... If somebody has some time and patience to help an imbecile that won't understand what you are saiyng because he is too stupid to get anything about technical issue please help me, I would be really grateful!

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Default Re: Game crash whenever i start a battle,or sometime during ai turn

Hello and welcome to the forums, I will try to see if a colleague of mine can help resolve your problem sir.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Hi! Thank you very very much

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Renato_me View Post
    Hello! I've played with this game a lot back in the days but it was owned by my older brother so i bought it again on my own steam account and now I'm going back to play it, or at least I'm trying... Long story short, I can't paly the game, every time i try to fight a battle it crash and if i do not fight it still crash after some turns in game, I just don't know what to do, i don't think it's a problem of my computer since it runs warhammer 2 smoothly. I've found some post with the same issue around the internet but i just can't understand what people are saiyng nor if they did somehow resolve the issue, the only thing I kinda of understood is that the problem is connected to an old update that came with rise of the samurai... If somebody has some time and patience to help an imbecile that won't understand what you are saiyng because he is too stupid to get anything about technical issue please help me, I would be really grateful!
    Welcome to TWC!

You can try a few things, just to see if that helps.

1. Delete the ClientRegistry.blob (it is safe to delete it, because it's a temporary file and will be re-created) since that file is known to cause issues like the one you have

2. Should the issue still remain then verify game cache in Steam

3. Uninstall all mods and try to start a new campaign in vanilla, just to make sure it isn't a mod issue

Should there be a mod issue then report it to the author by posting about it in the mod thread.

Good luck.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Hi thank you!

1) Where do i find it (?)
    3) I've bought the game yesterday and still haven't installed any mod

You can find it in the Steam folder or just search for "*.blob" without quotes.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I tried to look for it but didn't find it anywhere for shogun 2... it did pop up for other games but not shogun

I suggest that you try this.

1. Uninstall S2TW and after you have done that manually delete every S2TW related folder e.g C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun 2 Total War.
    2. Reinstall S2TW outside of the UAC-protected C:\Program Files(x86) folder, even having Steam installed outside is a lot better than having it installed inside.

I tried to do it before asking on this post but it didn't work...thank you anyway!

It's strange that "*.blob" doesn't exist... plus i tried to reinstall it at least trhice by now but stil can't acess, and steam won't even refund me .-.

I think there is a misunderstanding here.

The "*.blob" without quotes is a keyword when searching for a specific file on your computer, instead what I was referring to was the ClientRegistry.blob file, which is a total different than the *.blob keyword.