Thread: What is your 2nd favourite wiki?

Default What is your 2nd favourite wiki?

I'm asking about your 2nd favourite Wiki, because the correct answer to your favourite Wiki is obviously the TWC Wiki!

So which other wiki's do you enjoy reading or editing?

I'm posting here instead of the Q&S as it's not an official request for ideas about the site, just a bit of curiosity about which ones other people find nice to use and/or interesting. Having said that, now our Wiki has been updated there is more potential to introduce new features and consider things like completely new skins...

To start things off, I only just recently found* Wikivoyage, which seems to have tons of useful travel info, and interesting gadgets like clickable maps!**

* I've no idea why it's taken me that long to find that version, except I kept ending up at Wikitravel, which I guess pays for ads
    ** I'm definitely not volunteering to try and get one of those working!

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What is your 2nd favourite wiki?

My second favorite is far and away Conservapedia, the ONLY Wiki that takes a hard line stance on BC/AD vs BCE/CE. I wish you'd asked about my favorite though, which is WikiChristian.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

-pedia.

But seriously, for games and such, I don't really have one that stands out as far as what interests me. But, for what's comprehensive, well designed despite its size, and attached to a topic that I am forever interested in, sarna.net is the clear winner.

I have little interest in political wikis or more than an academic curiosity for most others. Even ones I regularly reference, such as the starcraft wikia site, are purely for 'academic' reasons.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Thanks for the replies chaps

That sarna.net is interesting - it integrates the news/wiki sections rather nicely... and they've got the two column layout in divs instead of tables which reminds me of something I should be doing

Akar's Avatar I am not a clever man
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

The Star Trek wiki is incredible and I've accidentally spent hours in rabbit holes there, and I'm not even that much of a Star Trek fan.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

I am going to say: TWC wiki.
    Cause that is some D&D level SUBVERSION!!!
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Easily Uncyclopedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    Easily Uncyclopedia.
    Yeah I like Uncyclopedia too - it does have a strong element of truth in amongst some of its silliness...
    Some kind soul pasted a chunk from their ETW page, which you linked to above, into our Wiki's version, that section hung around for an embarrassingly long time before it was noticed

@Akar - which is the Star Trek wiki you mean? Memory Alpha?

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    Easily Uncyclopedia.
    Ah, the great Uncyclopedia. I remember learning a good deal about the great wars and rivalry between the Otto Hasburger Company and Kebbabs.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει