Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too many options I don't know where to begin

Default Re: Too many options I don't know where to begin

Is there a good mod for better diplomatic missions? PIGS is nice, but overdoes it for me. All I want is to be able to use diplomatic missions to ... well improve diplomatic relations. The other bonuses are nice, but I am looking for something that makes it easier to negotiate trade agreements and such and not get a darn city in some remote provice or half my people killed.

Julia mod works with RTR. Unfortunately it seems the Historical Objectives mod doesn't.

Is there no "Edit" button or am I blind?

I think 'common' users arent allowed to edit, at least that's what it says in
    "Posting Permissions "

You may not edit your posts

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Azzarrel View Post
    Is there a good mod for better diplomatic missions? PIGS is nice, but overdoes it for me. All I want is to be able to use diplomatic missions to ... well improve diplomatic relations. The other bonuses are nice, but I am looking for something that makes it easier to negotiate trade agreements and such and not get a darn city in some remote provice or half my people killed.
    You are no longer granted distant settlements by the AI. CA changed this in their latest patch. Now, the AI will only give you cities bordering yours. If no such city exists the features is no longer valid.

"Posting Permissions "

You need 25 posts before you can use 'edit' function.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

"Posting Permissions"

What ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ said, you still need 12 posts before being able to edit your post.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

the only submod I know about is this one https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1397295936
    but it actually works on the contrary regarding what you're asking, adding a lot of different outcomes regarding many things (and not focusing on diplomacy)
    get city: it's hardcoded ('cause it's linked to an hardcoded script regarding scripted dilemmas), even if you remove the entry the possibility will still be there

send diplomat is the only intrigue I haven't touched with PIGS but I'm planning to do it in a similar way to the one you're requesting, more focused onto diplomacy matter and consequently change how the consult aruspex will work

Think one messed up the population system. Roma has had 55,502 people for over a decade and is suppose to gain 3,000 people this turn. Haven't felt its effects by having too little manpower, but can't stand it.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

You mean the mod above posted by Jake?

It might be so, as the author doesn't actually state in the description that the mod is compatible with DeI. Also, I don't know if it contains any external scripts that would basically render it incompatible with DeI.

Patrician

I don't think the more diplomatic outcomes (which is compatible with DeI and current PIGS) can affect population. You can affect population via script only and that pack has nothing regarding this.
    The only packs affecting population afaik are mine inside testudo thread.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; May 16, 2019 at 04:21 AM.

i've been using that mod myself, haven't had any of those issues with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    You mean the mod above posted by Jake?

It might be so, as the author doesn't actually state in the description that the mod is compatible with DeI. Also, I don't know if it contains any external scripts that would basically render it incompatible with DeI.
    No, different ones. Something happened because population was going up, but now it can only go down, which means no more legions. Really don't feel like starting over at turn 250. If I do think I'll go with only one submod and maybe play as Athens.

P.S.

My food levels were in the 10s and 20s, then for some reason it tanked and I even saw it hit -50s a few years after being positive.

P.P.S. (because I can't edit)

Starting a new campaign with Age of Hellenism, Alt. Eco., Culture Divisio, and the mode to allow more factions playable. Really hope I don't have to throw a game away again. Want to play as Athens and have an economic game, but realize this is a Total War game so it probably won't work and I'll have to play as Makedon.

Why can't Paradox do warfare and CA do economy correctly?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 16, 2019 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Patrician

submods you're using are fine and compatible.

Well damn, apparently I have to pay money to play as Athens or Sparta despite those factions shipping with the game. I remember when it came out it received horrible ratings for being rushed, bugged, and everything behind a paywall. At least Paradox adds on, even if badly, when I buy a DLC. I'm so pissed off I might just stop playing.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernXY View Post
    P.P.S. (because I can't edit)
    Why can't Paradox do warfare and CA do economy correctly?
    Because they're different companies with different designing philosophies etc
    You'll be able to edit your posts after 25 of them

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    submods you're using are fine and compatible.
    Thanks. I was using a different set for bugged saved. Guess I should unload the more factions submod. Might try Testudo or RTR1.5 next Rome campaign AoH+ using Makedon (and/or small Hellenic for an economic win). Will probably do Parthia then maybe a Germanic, then back to Rome. Don't have it in me to start a new Rome campaign after this one failed.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Because they're different companies with different designing philosophies etc
    You'll be able to edit your posts after 25 of them
    I get that, it just amazes me neither even tries to deliver a well rounded game. With I:R, there are only 4 buildings types so apparently it has worse economics and war.

Massalia is also one of my favorites. It combines Greek, with Roman and Hellenic elements. The location is also much different compared to other Greek states.

I've tried installing Age of Hellenism, Alternative Economy, and Cultural Tension, but for some reason I'm not able to get it to work. I normally play with the official hardcore submod as well. Using the old mod manager because I had some issues previously with the new one, but it kept deleting Cultural Tension from the data folder (not just not loading it, actually deleting the files). So I'm now trying with the new mod manager but I'm not getting the unit or building cost changes (and probably missing a whole bunch of other stuff too). What am I doing wrong? Is anyone else having these issues?

Patrician

try merging the packs with PFM, so you'll have everything inside the same pack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12