Thread: My Mod does not get loaded

woto's Avatar Tiro

Default My Mod does not get loaded

I made a modification but it does not get loaded. The screenshot below shows the implementation. I've also made it's type 'Mod' and have als a user.script.txt file with one line:

Code:
    mod "my_mod.pack";
    The text file is saved in unicode.
    the file my_mod.pack is saved in the root, alongside patch6.pack and so on...

The game starts just fine but the amount of troops remain 160.
    I've also tried to make its type a "Movie" but that doesn't change anything.
    'woto expects that all members of twcenter will do their duty'
    woto; when posting this thread/reply!

Default Re: My Mod does not get loaded

I'm having this issue as well. PFM 5.0, worked fine for my Empire install even let me make a new unit no problem. NTW is giving me all sorts of problems.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

The little I know about modding for ETW is that husserlTW told me to load patch2.pack into PFM which has the most stuff.

I think the same thing applies for NTW too, so instead of creating a mod pack of the patch6.pack use the patch4.pack as that is the largest vanilla file, which is likely to have the most stuff included e.g every unit, building in-game.

Also, don't forget to use the movie format for your mod as that format will automatically load your mod once you launched NTW. Just place your mod in the data folder and that's about it.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

So after playing around with it some last night I've come to the following conclusion, there's a certain formatting that is needed for the mod to work. I have an older mod that I made for the French, it works no problem. I can even edit it and reload it and it will still work fine. Somewhere along the developmental line of PFM it lost the needed formatting to create NTW mods from scratch. I took said French mod and loaded all new tables and started making changes for the Prussians, loaded it up and it worked. Perhaps try using an earlier version of PFM to get started and go from there?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ETR3(SS) View Post
    So after playing around with it some last night I've come to the following conclusion, there's a certain formatting that is needed for the mod to work. I have an older mod that I made for the French, it works no problem. I can even edit it and reload it and it will still work fine. Somewhere along the developmental line of PFM it lost the needed formatting to create NTW mods from scratch. I took said French mod and loaded all new tables and started making changes for the Prussians, loaded it up and it worked. Perhaps try using an earlier version of PFM to get started and go from there?
    So you're saying that using an older PFM is what's needed to create mods for NTW. Do you think the recently released RPFM would work?

Perhaps using a PFM Switcher is a better alternative.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I'll look into RPFM, that seems to hold promise. Thanks for that link.

Wanted to follow up here, RPFM performs as advertised. Very pleased with it and have had zero problems. Is there a updated ESF editor by chance?