View Poll Results: Who's your favourite candidate for the 2020 Democratic Primaries?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bernie Sanders.

19 48.72%
  • Joe Biden.

5 12.82%
  • Neither.

15 38.46%
Page 90 of 116 FirstFirst ... 40658081828384858687888990919293949596979899100115 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2310

Thread: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

It'll depend on what the alternatives are. The U.S. is still the safest place to park your money regardless of how big the deficit spending is.

There’s always alternatives. Right now debt is cheap and plentiful because USD and treasury bonds are considered safe haven assets globally. Trump/Sanders isolationism and deficit spending will reinforce the already growing need for the US to sustain her debt from domestic sources.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    No one cares that AOC can regurgitate leftist talking points... Even a parrot could do that..
    You are confused. In this case,Piketty cites Ocasio and agrees with her, not the other way around.
    I do not agree with your dismissive statement about a "leftist talking point".Piketty is a world renowned economist.

I wonder why no one answers my question?: "it’s time to prepare for a pandemic Covid-19 scenario.Lack of insurance will certainly result in a person delaying to see a doctor. That just fuels epidemic. As we know, 500,000 Americans will go bankrupt this year from medical bills. So, a simple question occurs to me. Who is going to pay the daily charge for inpatient services, for a long period of time? Bloomberg?" ...or Trump?

I would like to hear a clear answer. There is no answer for this?
    ----------------
    Without comments,

1 - nytimes. Aug. 12, 2013
    A federal judge ruled on Monday that the stop-and-frisk tactics of the New York Police Department violated the constitutional rights of minorities in the city, repudiating a major element in the Bloomberg administration’s crime-fighting legacy.
    Striking a defiant tone, Mr. Bloomberg said, “You’re not going to see any change in tactics overnight.” He said he hoped the appeal process would allow the current stop-and-frisk practices to continue through the end of his administration because “I wouldn’t want to be responsible for a lot of people dying.”

Mr. Bloomberg pledged that lawyers for the city, in appealing to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, would argue that the judge was biased against the police.
    The mayor said the judge did “not understand how policing works” and had misinterpreted what the Constitution allowed.
    When Did Bloomberg Turn Against Stop-and-Frisk? When He Run for President - NYTimes
    ----------------

- In South Carolina, the debate audience was packed with the wealthy elite/rich donors with tickets ranging from $1,700 to more than $3,000. With Tickets $1,750, Debate Audiences Are Elite of the Elite The New York Times
    So, it's not a surprise loud booming directed to Sanders and Warren, particularly when they criticized Bloomberg. Sanders rightly observed,"Most working people that I know don't spend $1,700 to get a ticket to a debate"
    During the debate, Bloomberg came very close to saying he bought the Congress,
    " Let's just go on the record- they talked about 40 democrats, 21 of those with people I spent a hundred million dollars to help elect. All of the new democrats that came in,put Nancy Pelosi in charge and gave Congress the ability to control this President. I "bough-" . I got them
    Last edited by Ludicus; February 26, 2020 at 07:17 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

I have already answered that question. Number one: it rarely occurs.Number two: Manchester triage failed, that's what happened.Number three:use the App MySNS waiting times
    A error in triage as made people to wait 6 hours? common? Doesn't matter which band you get, no one should wait that long to be seen in an ER. Everyone knows how there is a lack of Doctors in hospitals. When you have a single doctor seeing 70 people a day. Cases of ER departments closing because there is no Doctors like in Almada. And the waiting times in Hospitals of the interior are usually high.
    Although i agree we a have a decent system, we just need for the government to not let it die with its financial "cavitation"

Not exactly, sorry. The investment in the national health service grows 10% in 2020.We need a balanced approach. That said, I completely agree that we should spend more.
    We are in February 2020, we dont know how it goes yet. That investment growth hasn't been the case in the past years, since in a long time. Yes they projected investment in the budget for this year, after years of complaint, and some serious cases.

There’s always alternatives. Right now debt is cheap and plentiful because USD and treasury bonds are considered safe haven assets globally. Trump/Sanders isolationism and deficit spending will reinforce the already growing need for the US to sustain her debt from domestic sources.
    Bringing back industry that has been fleeing the country would be key.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    A error in triage as made people to wait 6 hours?
    Indeed. As I said, it rarely happens.

no one should wait that long to be seen in an ER
    The triage nurse (not the doctor) is the formal process of early assessment of patients attending an accident and emergency in any hospital (public or private). It can not fail.

When you have a single doctor seeing 70 people a day.
    56% of patients-or even more-don't have/need to go to an emergency department/room, and that's a problem. They only need primary care, the front door of any national healthcare.

Cases of ER departments closing because there is no Doctors like in..
    ... here and there...I know that better than you can even imagine. The solution: full time doctors and nurses, full time everything. There is an unhealthy competitive relationship between the public and private. In this aspect, I praise Sanders. He is completely right.
    ----------
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    I wonder why no one answers my question?: "it’s time to prepare for a pandemic Covid-19 scenario.Lack of insurance will certainly result in a person delaying to see a doctor. That just fuels epidemic. As we know, 500,000 Americans will go bankrupt this year from medical bills. So, a simple question occurs to me. Who is going to pay the daily charge for inpatient services, for a long period of time? Bloomberg?" ...or Trump?
    In fact, it's an embarrassing truth.Just a couple of hours ago,

America's patchwork, for-profit healthcare system poised to worsen coronavirus outbreak
    There's a reason that the story about a Miami man receiving a $3,270 medical bill after getting a test for Coronavirus Disease 19 (COVID-19) is going viral: it is a relatable cautionary tale for Americans accustomed to our piecemeal, overpriced, for-profit healthcare system.
    ... foreshadows the kind of havoc expected once COVID-19 begins to spread in the United States, which experts now think is inevitable. Lacking the universal healthcare plans of other developed nations, the United States' piecemeal, for-profit system essentially disincentivizes the uninsured and under-insured from seeking out testing for COVID-19, or even going to the doctor if they are sick in the first place.
    an inconvenient truth: An estimated 44 percent of Americans say they don't go to a doctor when they're sick because of cost.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    Provincial Republican groups trolling the Dems' primaries has nothing to do with Trump.
    You were saying?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/28/polit...ary/index.html

President Donald Trump suggested his supporters in South Carolina cast their primary ballots for Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders during his rally Friday, the second straight Democratic primary in which he's suggested his supporters get involved.

"By the way, the Republicans allowed to vote in the -- are you ready?" he said to cheers from a crowd of supporters at a rally in North Charleston, South Carolina.

"Are you ready? Let's do it together," Trump said, going on to say that he "(assumed) this is OK from a campaign finance standpoint."

"First we have to figure out who would be the weakest candidate, and then if it's legal -- if it's permissible by law," the President said, railing against legal "booby traps" that he said punish Republicans disproportionately.

"Are we allowed to tell them who we would like you to vote for? So let's do a poll -- we do this for the fake news there," he said.

Trump proceeded to cast a poll -- judged by crowd noise -- by listing off Democratic candidates. One by one he ran through the field, though notably skipping former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, asking the crowd who they would most like to see him run against in a general election.

The loudest cheers were overwhelmingly for Sanders.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

reavertm's Avatar Biarchus

And interesting related fact, not sure whether was mentioned in this thread, while Trump supporters might be enthusiastic about Trump running against Sanders, Trump himself might not be so:

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/trum...cket-1.8446257

U.S. President Donald Trump says it would have been “tougher” to win the 2016 election against Hillary Clinton if Bernie Sanders had been her running mate during a 2018 meeting with donors that included the indicted associates of his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani.

“If she picked Bernie as vice president it would have been tougher... I think Bernie because, all those people that hated her so much who voted for me,” Trump can be heard saying on a tape provided to the media by Lev Parnas' attorney Joseph Bondy. Trump does not appear to know he is being recorded.

Trump also claimed he got “20 percent of the Bernie vote” because Sanders was a “big trade guy” like him. “But had she picked Bernie Sanders it would have been tougher. He was the only one I didn't want her to pick.”
    It as about him being VP of Hillary in 2016 so not running for president, so democratic moderates were already secured by Hilary and it was just down to swing progressives who decided to stay home (of vote Trump), but still.
    Audio at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQDrNAUDYn0& around 25s mark.
    Last edited by reavertm; February 29, 2020 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Expand quote

Citizen

Everybody, regardless of socio-economic status/age/religion/gender/geography, should have the right to healthcare.

Millions of uninsured Americans like me are a coronavirus timebomb - The Guardian

Given the high cost of healthcare in the US, I haven’t seen a doctor since 2013, when I visited an emergency room after being run off the road while riding my bike. After waiting for four hours, the doctor put my arm in a sling, prescribed pain medication and sent me home. That visit cost more than $4,000, and the unpaid balance eventually went to collections and still haunts my credit to this day, making it needlessly difficult to rent an apartment or buy a car.
    a significant portion of the population simply won’t go to the doctor if they’re sick.
    Last edited by Ludicus; February 29, 2020 at 06:15 PM.
    Charles Péguy

Thomas Piketty

Biden needed a huge result and he got one.

This'll make Super Tuesday at least somewhat interesting.

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

To be fair, the results matched the expectations. Biden was always going to win SC, it was just a question of by how much. He's been focusing his entire campaign there since he lost in Iowa. The real question is going to be whether or not Biden can beat expectations come Super Tuesday where Bernie is out-polling him. If the Biden campaign plays it right they can try to use this victory to build momentum for Super Tuesday and try to take away some of Bernie's lead in the polls, but I wouldn't put it past Biden to that up somehow.

I think the best thing we've seen coming out of SC is Tom Steyer dropping out. I'm surprised Buttigeg and Gabbard haven't dropped out given how abysmally they're polling right now. Warren said recently she's not going to drop out and will keep fighting all the way through, which might serve to siphon some votes away from Bernie.

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Biden spent 1mill in SC and Steyer spent 12mill. You should recalibrate your idea of focus. As far as Super Tuesday if he can turn his polling 14 into a voting 15 in California after this then for all Bernie will have a ~100 delegate lead the table will be flipped.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Biden is expected to win 8 states as of last week. He had to win South Carolina. But he may still run of out money if he doesn't win a single state on super tuesday, which is a real possibility.

Biden spent 1mill in SC and Steyer spent 12mill. You should recalibrate your idea of focus. As far as Super Tuesday if he can turn his polling 14 into a voting 15 in California after this then for all Bernie will have a ~100 delegate lead the table will be flipped.
    dont forget bloomberg will be stealing a signifcant portion of delegates from him not to mention the other non-viable candidates with white voters.
    Last edited by RedGuard; March 01, 2020 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    dont forget bloomberg will be stealing a signifcant portion of delegates from him not to mention the other non-viable candidates with white voters.
    Big point is his crushing win kind of paints some momentum pictueres for states like Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, and Ohio, among others. The primary is where those states count for Democrats. Biden is going to definitely get above 15% in Texas so Sanders can't sweep the overall state vote there like he might be able to in California. The big thing in California is that if Biden only gets 14% in California then Sanders will probably have a ~250 delegate lead going out of Super Tuesday and that basically paints a picture for Sanders and Biden much like SEC Tuesday did for Clinton and Sanders in 2016, it just won't be recoverable momentum wise no matter what Biden thinks he can do in certain states. If he tags that 15% in California it's still a race.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Sure Gaidin, best case scenario wise.

No Ground Game for Biden in Super Tuesday States

And his latest polling average is already 15 in Cali...so...make of that what you will.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Citizen

Updated five hours ago https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ry-d/national/
    See who's ahead in our 2020 primary forecast and our 2020 national polling averages

Who is ahead in national polls? Sanders. The US ruling class only permits parties that they can control (Republicans and Democrats), and the DNC elites are trying to stop Sanders next Tuesday. As far I can see, they will not succeed. It's the People who lead and make changes.
    -----
    Sanders campaign raises more than $46 million in February- smashing own record

Those donations included money from more than 350,000 people who had not donated to his presidential bid before. Heavily funded by small donors. The profession listed most commonly among donors is “teacher.”
    Charles Péguy

Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    the DNC elites are trying to stop Sanders next Tuesday. As far I can see, they will not succeed. It's the People who lead and make changes.

LOL What. Is this what you get from a more moderate Democrat running against Bernie and keeping up with him after the first four competitions? The elites are conspiring?

I don't think they're trying to stop anybody ironically(though, feel free to hack some emails). Also ironically, Sanders is finally getting asked hard questions about certain subjects in his platform and his bros don't like this. But the question that really comes up on Tuesday is, depending on the result, whether he rides the wave or whether it comes down to the wire.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Big point is his crushing win kind of paints some momentum pictueres for states like Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, and Ohio, among others. The primary is where those states count for Democrats. Biden is going to definitely get above 15% in Texas so Sanders can't sweep the overall state vote there like he might be able to in California. The big thing in California is that if Biden only gets 14% in California then Sanders will probably have a ~250 delegate lead going out of Super Tuesday and that basically paints a picture for Sanders and Biden much like SEC Tuesday did for Clinton and Sanders in 2016, it just won't be recoverable momentum wise no matter what Biden thinks he can do in certain states. If he tags that 15% in California it's still a race.
    agree pretty much.

it really makes me wonder why the dnc backing biden wasn't the plan from the beginning instead of this asinine brokered convetion scheme. Imagine if Obama had endorsed Biden a month ago, the big donor based hadn't been dissipated by no chance no names like Klobuchar and Buttigieg. I think chances are Biden would have gotten less delegates than clinton in the first two states but still taken a significant portion, which would have meant momentum into Nevada, rather than a tactical retreat like what happened. This stupid scheme is gonna split the party and or cause Bernie to get a majority of delegates by the other candidates cancelling each other out, when it could have just been a two-man race from the start and likely resulted in a close win for Biden. Now they have to rely on the super delegates, which the vast majority of the voter base hates even the thought of.

Breaking news: Pete Buttigieg drops out of the race https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pete...eRfbf71D0d3GYQ
    Last edited by RedGuard; March 01, 2020 at 06:39 PM.

Looks like:
    DNC forced Buttigieg out
    Klobuchar out tomorrow
    Encourages Warren to stay in to split left wing vote
    Bloomberg commits votes to Biden for VP spot or some other cabinet position
    Last edited by tgoodenow; March 01, 2020 at 07:18 PM.

(CNN) - Sen. Amy Klobuchar will end her presidential bid on Monday and endorse Joe Biden, a campaign aide tells CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/02/polit...ign/index.html

The plot against Bernie continues