View Poll Results: Who's your favourite candidate for the 2020 Democratic Primaries?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bernie Sanders.

19 48.72%
  • Joe Biden.

5 12.82%
  • Neither.

15 38.46%
Page 49 of 116 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849505152535455565758597499 ... LastLast

Thread: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

Drug dealers still go to jail in America, illegal immigrants or not. Next trick question?
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Making such promises shortly after cartel mass murder of several American women and children is a pretty dumb move that would only appeal to fringe leftist base, which will only be a deadweight in general.

Default Re: The successes of President Donald Trump and their under-reporting by the media (please, no flaming)

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    My opinion on what he thinks is a base.
    That's not what a base is...
    The Armenian Issue

I'm pretty indifferent as to what you think. Every criminal convicted of a felony that sentences them to prison time gets three hots and a cot for the time of their prison sentence before anything else is done to them. No matter what else you think is entailed. This isn't really a trick question as to whether someone thinks a Step 2 is relevant.
    When Trump's enduring popularity comes mostly from "At least, he's tough on immigration" Warren's words really won't help the Democrats win 2020. Better get ready for 4 more years of embarrassing tweets.
    Nevermind that Trump's 'enduring popularity' has never been more than 45% of the country. And his Disapproval has always been above 50%. That's some amusing 'enduring popularity' on the part of alhoon there. Maybe Greece does it differently or something.
    Last edited by Gaidin; November 09, 2019 at 02:39 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

What you said is pretty irrelevant to the crux of the matter, which is Warren sabotaging her own party's chances in general elections by making dumb promises that would appeal to only fringe left and enrage the sane rest of the population, including segments that tend to determine the outcome of general elections. That and the optics of promising to prevent deportation of illegal aliens shortly after several American women and children were brutally murdered by Mexican cartels.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: The successes of President Donald Trump and their under-reporting by the media (please, no flaming)

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    That's not what a base is...

Wait, I am not falling for that trap. I realize you disagree with my point and don't accept my view that Sanders the commy is a communist. That's fine. But I am not going to discuss what "base" is. Feel free to consider my opinion baseless despite me mentioning why I have said opinion.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Nevermind that Trump's 'enduring popularity' has never been more than 45% of the country. And his Disapproval has always been above 50%. That's some amusing 'enduring popularity' on the part of alhoon there. Maybe Greece does it differently or something.
    His enduring popularity at 40% despite a bazillion of scandals is really surprising. Yes, in Greece we do things differently. We have high tolerance for idiots and crooks but someone that acts as abominably all the time as Trump would have seen very strong erosion on his base.

Aside of what you took from my post, the whole point was that Trump's popularity was between 35% and 45% in his whole presidency, scandal after scandal, disaster after disaster. He went into his presidency with 39%-40% approval I think and now 3 years later he's at 42% I think. He managed to keep his base despite everything.
    And that's in large part because he's considered tough in immigration (and in large because economy is booming and in large part because they other side, the one we talk about, brings up far-leftwings that turn moderate people away)
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

I’d be more impressed if in spite of the scandals his popularity went up. But like I said, maybe Greece does it differently.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    What you said is pretty irrelevant to the crux of the matter, which is Warren sabotaging her own party's chances in general elections by making dumb promises that would appeal to only fringe left and enrage the sane rest of the population, including segments that tend to determine the outcome of general elections. That and the optics of promising to prevent deportation of illegal aliens shortly after several American women and children were brutally murdered by Mexican cartels.
    The only people Trump seems to be able to deport no questions asked are people that have broken no criminal law. Like I said, anybody found guilty of a felony first fulfills their jail-time sentence and is given three hots and a cot until that is done. Then they are sent to immigration court.

Are you saying it should be done differently?
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

The only people Trump seems to be able to deport no questions asked are people that have broken no criminal law. Like I said, anybody found guilty of a felony first fulfills their jail-time sentence and is given three hots and a cot until that is done. Then they are sent to immigration court.

Are you saying it should be done differently?
    I don't really see how this is relevant to Warren making promises that only appeal to a fringe minority of electorate.

You and alhoon purposely see small picture politics so you can talk a certain way.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Its not small picture politics if we point out how appealing to fringe extremists will haunt you in general elections.

You and alhoon purposely see small picture politics so you can talk a certain way.

What are you talking about? (I really have no idea.)
    Do you care illuminate me about what way I try to talk like? Or how I see small-picture politics when Warren is in the top tier of USA democratic candidates and says controversial stuff?

Do you disagree that saying things like that in a country where a certified butthole that insults families of dead soldiers won the elections in part because he was anti-immigration actually revitalizes the opposition and harms her own party whomever the victor of the primaries may be?

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Do you disagree that saying things like that in a country where a certified butthole that insults families of dead soldiers won the elections in part because he was anti-immigration actually revitalizes the opposition and harms her own party whomever the victor of the primaries may be?
    Case in point. You take a swipe at ICE, an agency that’s been abusing it’s granted power the last 3 years and drill down to dead soldiers.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

You take a swipe at ICE, an agency that’s been abusing it’s granted power the last 3 years
    Only the last 3 years? im pretty sure is way longer than that.

I used to hear stories, even years before Trump, was on the political scene.

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Only the last 3 years? im pretty sure is way longer than that.

I used to hear stories, even years before Trump, was on the political scene.
    Oh probably. But since alhoon wants to make a case for veterans. Let's make a case for veterans.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...it-hasnt-been/

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ds/1437037001/

Which then led to things like this:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/...vador-n1071521

There's a reason why candidates take swipes at ICE and specific cases be damned. ICE abuses their power, now matter what you drill down into.
    Last edited by Gaidin; November 11, 2019 at 09:04 AM.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Case in point. You take a swipe at ICE, an agency that’s been abusing it’s granted power the last 3 years and drill down to dead soldiers.
    Catching illegal aliens is kind of their job. Its like saying that cops that pull people over for speeding have been abusing their power. Not to mention that nothing really changed in that regard in the last 3 years. I think the narrative here is that ICE somehow escalated after Trump got in the office, while in reality they simply continued doing what they were doing under previous administration. And administration before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Catching illegal aliens is kind of their job. Its like saying that cops that pull people over for speeding have been abusing their power. Not to mention that nothing really changed in that regard in the last 3 years. I think the narrative here is that ICE somehow escalated after Trump got in the office, while in reality they simply continued doing what they were doing under previous administration. And administration before that.
    ICE has been ignoring the law for years to make their job easier. That's not how a legitimate government agency functions. What's your point?
    Last edited by Gaidin; November 11, 2019 at 09:57 AM.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

ICE has been ignoring the law for years to make their job easier. That's not how a legitimate government agency functions. What's your point?
    The whole "sanctuary city" thing is a good example of ignoring the law, but it doesn't change the fact that promising free healthcare for illegal aliens is de-facto sabotage of Democrats for the upcoming election.