View Poll Results: Which Democratic candidates do you prefer?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michael Bennet

    1 2.27%
  • Joe Biden

    5 11.36%
  • Cory Booker

    0 0%
  • Steve Bullock

    1 2.27%
  • Pete Buttigieg

    1 2.27%
  • Julian Castro

    0 0%
  • Bill de Blasio

    0 0%
  • John Delaney

    2 4.55%
  • Tulsi Gabbard

    11 25.00%
  • Kamala Harris

    0 0%
  • Amy Klobuchar

    2 4.55%
  • Wayne Messam

    0 0%
  • Robert Francis O'Rourke

    0 0%
  • Tim Ryan

    1 2.27%
  • Bernie Sanders

    16 36.36%
  • Joe Sestak

    0 0%
  • Tom Steyer

    0 0%
  • Elizabeth Warren

    13 29.55%
  • Marianne Williamson

    1 2.27%
  • Andrew Yang

    9 20.45%
  • Someone else

    4 9.09%
  • Don't care

    7 15.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 1142

Thread: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

  1. #921
    Ludicus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    10,907

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfdude View Post
    Warren is hardly an establishment candidate. The fact Warren and Sanders support stiff financial marketing regulation, free healthcare and education makes them pariahs to the system.
    Exactly...Wall Street Frets Privately About Warren's 2020 Campaign - The wall Street Journal
    ...Interviews with dozens of Democrat-supporting bankers, lawyers and others in New York's finance sector revealed growing anxiety and a sense of powerlessness about the Massachusetts senator who is now one of the front-runners in national and early state polls
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une me perverse. Cest d'avoir une me habitue
    Charles Pguy

    Socialism is the epithet they have hurled at every advance the people have made in the last 20 years.
    Harry Truman Oct. 10th, 1952

  2. #922

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Again what evidence do you have Warren will continue neocon policies? Don't ignore my post because i'm picking your points apart.
    Well, I refuted your points and you just repeated same points again, and I'm not a parrot to repeat same thing over and over again.
    As I said, we have Warren's long history of being a milktoast neoliberal and we somehow are supposed to believe that she became a woke defender of proletariat at a drop of a hat. We may need something a bit more substantial then quoting her campaign website to believe such claim.

  3. #923
    Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    15,342

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Well, I refuted your points and you just repeated same points again, and I'm not a parrot to repeat same thing over and over again.
    You didn't refute anything. You just kept ignoring everything. Do try again.

    As I said, we have Warren's long history of being a milktoast neoliberal and we somehow are supposed to believe that she became a woke defender of proletariat at a drop of a hat.
    And that has to do with??

    We may need something a bit more substantial then quoting her campaign website to believe such claim.
    Moving the goalposts now i see? I proved my claim. You have yet to post one shred of evidence that shows she's pro-war at all. Its just been your baseless conjecture.

  4. #924

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfdude View Post
    Warren is hardly an establishment candidate. I think the establishment prefers her to a Sanders presidency but Klombuchar, Butti, Harris or Biden are easily the establishment candidates in this race. The fact Warren and Sanders support stiff financial marketing regulation, free healthcare and education makes them pariahs to the system. The only thing which makes warren more palatable to the establishment is that she's a academic not a movement builder or organizer. Sanders is a movement builder. I.E. while Warren has great ideas I don't think she'll change the system in order to get them passed, like Obama once they're defeated she'll shrug and move on. Sanders on the other hand is likely to fundamentally alter the system in order to push his ideas to fruition. That shake up is dangerous to the establishment.
    Sanders is definitely more of a revolutionary. Which, in my opinion, is not necessarily a bad thing. There's actually a lot of things I disagree with him on, like universal health care, wealth taxes, labor retraining... the list goes on. However, his ideas about government accountability and political reform is healthy for democracy. There needs to be a power shift towards labor instead of capital.

  5. #925

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    And that has to do with??
    Politician changing her views at a drop of a hat is a sign that she'll do that again.
    Moving the goalposts now i see? I proved my claim. You have yet to post one shred of evidence that shows she's pro-war at all. Its just been your baseless conjecture.
    Okay, so can I use Trumps' campaign website as source then? We have history of neoliberal Democrats doing a complete 180 on various things, including foreign policy.

  6. #926
    Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    15,342

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Politician changing her views at a drop of a hat is a sign that she'll do that again.
    You haven't even once gave an example of a view she changed at the drop of a hat.
    Okay, so can I use Trumps' campaign website as source then?
    Sure go for it. Show me any actual source showing Warren is pro-war as you claim.

    We have history of neoliberal Democrats doing a complete 180 on various things, including foreign policy.
    Such as what? Thats evidence of other people flip flopping, not Warren. I know its hard for you to understand but Democrats are not a hive mind. Just because Obama did something doesn't mean Warren will too otherwise i could easily claim Trump is no different than Bush simply because he's a Republican.

  7. #927

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Its almost like a politician that lied about multiple things is likely to do that again or something.

  8. #928
    irontaino's Avatar Deadass B
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    3,806

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Its almost like a politician that lied about multiple things is likely to do that again or something.
    And yet you're one of our forum's biggest Trump devotees.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude



  9. #929
    conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs
    Posts
    13,048

    Default Re: The successes of President Donald Trump and their under-reporting by the media (please, no flaming)

    He's pretty mediocre at best, and at times it's hard to distinguish him from a communist Democrat. There's a reason America's enemies can't contain their glee over the fact that he's president.
    Sorry I missed a communist running as a democrat please enlighten me?
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

    'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

    But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

    Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

  10. #930
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,313

    Default Re: The successes of President Donald Trump and their under-reporting by the media (please, no flaming)

    Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Sorry I missed a communist running as a democrat please enlighten me?
    With pleasure.
    Here.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  11. #931
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,313

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    In a new poll by Fox, Hillary Clinton hilariously leads Donald Trump 43% to 41% in 2019. Americans have learned from their mistake. Again: that's Fox News.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox...ber-27-30-2019
    #FoxFakeNews anyone?
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  12. #932
    swabian's Avatar igni ferroque
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,432

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Trump's narcissism is basically a nuisance that is survivable without problems (from the US perspective). But Hillary would be an actual asset. She's a woman who has to prove her phallic unscrupulousness. She actually would bomb Iran's nuclear facilities, just to prove how manly she is lol.

  13. #933
    saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    House of Erotic Maneuvering
    Posts
    10,359

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Sanders and Tulsi are the only real good candidates, I do get an Obamaesque feeling from Warren tbh, but I'd hope I'm wrong.

    I ain't jokin' when it comes to mah paintings ಠ_ಠ

  14. #934
    Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Άργος - Ἑλλάς
    Posts
    1,270

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by swabian View Post
    She actually would bomb Iran's nuclear facilities, just to prove how manly she is lol.
    I believe you would be right, if Clinton would have repudiated the JCPOA. Since Clinton embodies Democratic establishment it's safe to assume she would not reject what is considered in such establishment as one of Obama's most important legacies, especially since she has stated that Iran should be permitted to enrich uranium under IAEA supervision once the international concerns over its nuclear program are resolved.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

    οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

  15. #935
    Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Άργος - Ἑλλάς
    Posts
    1,270

    Default Re: The successes of President Donald Trump and their under-reporting by the media (please, no flaming)

    Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Sorry I missed a communist running as a democrat please enlighten me?
    You've missed Sanders and Warren.

    There are some people who believe that one doesn't need an economic system where "means of production" are common ownership or owned by the state, therefore there is no such thing as private ownership in such a system, or if it does exist is merely limited to a small workshop/farm operated by a single person along with their immediate family, to have a communist economy. For instance single person can own factories, stocks, or service businesses, but it's still communism.

    While I am someone who opposes communism due to my love of my property, I must say that proposals of these two Senators just doesn't sound communistic enough for me to classify them as such.

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    With pleasure.
    Here.
    I merely skimmed trough that article due to many Racist! Islamophobia! words written, seemed a bit repetitive for my sore eyes, but I do see that giving right to vote to a terrorist and believing in climate change is one of the things mentioned about Sanders. While I was aware of these I wouldn't include them into a piece trying to prove him of being a Communist instead of a Socialist. That's not to say that people who write articles about the two can differentiate between them. Additionally it's pointless to differentiate if one considers both to be equally evil just because people in the US are starting to fear less of one (Socialism), what they should be doing is continuing to say that they are still the exact same thing.

    Now, I do know this will come as a surprise to many people but Communism is just one facet of Marxism and as such if one wants to implement communism which is an economic system one can be perfectly racist, I mean actually a racial supremacist, even a genocidal one. For example, one can be a American white nationalist who wishes to expel all colored people AND make sure that gender differences are strictly enforced while still maintaining a communistic economy, including one run on fossil fuels and with as much of deforestation as one wishes. I mean that's pretty much how Stalin run the USSR, just replace white nationalism with Russification. Russify, Deforest, Mine, make a lot of black smoke...
    Last edited by Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σω November 05, 2019 at 09:34 AM.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

    οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

  16. #936

    Default Re: The successes of President Donald Trump and their under-reporting by the media (please, no flaming)

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    With pleasure.
    Here.
    Does Sanders want to transfer any and all private properties to the state?
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  17. #937
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,313

    Default Re: The successes of President Donald Trump and their under-reporting by the media (please, no flaming)

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Does Sanders want to transfer any and all private properties to the state?
    Yes.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  18. #938

    Default Re: The successes of President Donald Trump and their under-reporting by the media (please, no flaming)

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Yes.
    That's something you should back up with a source. Where is it?
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  19. #939
    alhoon's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chania, Greece
    Posts
    21,313

    Default Re: The successes of President Donald Trump and their under-reporting by the media (please, no flaming)

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    That's something you should back up with a source. Where is it?
    No source. He has been supporting such movements in the 80s. Also, that he wants that doesn't mean he expects that he can pass it. From the way he talks and his stance on unions and nationalization and all the work of "without you the factory doesn't work!" to the laborers it is quite clear that he is an old-school communist that is against private ownership. However he's not insane to think he can pass it nor, I think, he plans to push for it. He holds it as an ideal, an unattainable dream. In short: He wants it, he knows he can't have it.
    DIE: Diversity, Inclusion, Equality (Pun on SJWs, I am not far-right)
    _______________________________________________________
    Beta-tester for Darthmod Empire, the default modification for Empire Total War that does not ask for your money behind patreon.

    Developer of Causa Belli submod for Darthmod, headed by Hammeredalways and a ton of other people.
    Developer of LtC: Random maps submod for Lands to Conquer (that brings a multitude of random maps and other features).

  20. #940

    Default Re: The successes of President Donald Trump and their under-reporting by the media (please, no flaming)

    Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    No source. He has been supporting such movements in the 80s. Also, that he wants that doesn't mean he expects that he can pass it. From the way he talks and his stance on unions and nationalization and all the work of "without you the factory doesn't work!" to the laborers it is quite clear that he is an old-school communist that is against private ownership. However he's not insane to think he can pass it nor, I think, he plans to push for it. He holds it as an ideal, an unattainable dream. In short: He wants it, he knows he can't have it.
    Gotcha. Putting it aside as a baseless and worthless opinion then. Thanks.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •