View Poll Results: Who's your favourite candidate for the 2020 Democratic Primaries?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bernie Sanders.

19 48.72%
  • Joe Biden.

5 12.82%
  • Neither.

15 38.46%
Page 23 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132334873 ... LastLast

Thread: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Basil has been saying it for 10 pages.
    Yeah well maybe if your posts weren't filled with hysterical screeching because a liberal farted I'd bother to pay attention to them.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    Cool historical illiteracy. Again.
    There isn't really anything inaccurate there.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    Half the world has been saying it for the past five years.

Not really. Liberals have been blaming Russia for the past 2 years and half.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsumoto View Post
    Yeah well maybe if your posts weren't filled with hysterical screeching because a liberal farted I'd bother to pay attention to them.
    So you listen to the NYT simply because you like them? I can't help against prejudice.

Nor care. I care about my side winning.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; July 18, 2019 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Are you saying it’s not a big deal that a journalist has been hospitalised for journalism?
    It's about as big a deal as when a journalist gets hurt in any other country. Considering his bio says he is "hated by Antifa" and that Antifa is the target of his criticism, getting hurt is not exactly out of the realm of possibility.

hoooooooooooooo boyyyyyyyyy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altona_Bloody_Sunday

Far right march, far left respond.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmabteilung
    Uh huh. Except,

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Nazi Party lost 35 seats in the November 1932 election, but remained the Reichstag's largest party, with 196 seats (33.1%). The Social Democrats (SPD) won 121 seats (20.4%) and the Communists (KPD) won 100 (16.9%).

The Comintern described all moderate left-wing parties as "social fascists", and urged the Communists to devote their energies to the destruction of the moderate left. As a result, the KPD, following orders from Moscow, rejected overtures from the Social Democrats to form a political alliance against the NSDAP.

After Chancellor Papen left office, he secretly told Hitler that he still held considerable sway with President Hindenburg and that he would make Hitler chancellor as long as he, Papen, could be the vice chancellor. Another notable event was the publication of the Industrielleneingabe, a letter signed by 22 important representatives of industry, finance and agriculture, asking Hindenburg to appoint Hitler as chancellor. Hindenburg reluctantly agreed to appoint Hitler as chancellor after the parliamentary elections of July and November 1932 had not resulted in the formation of a majority government. Hitler headed a short-lived coalition government formed by the NSDAP and the German National People's Party (DNVP).

On 30 January 1933, the new cabinet was sworn in during a brief ceremony in Hindenburg's office. The NSDAP gained three posts: Hitler was named chancellor, Wilhelm Frick Minister of the Interior, and Hermann Göring, Minister Without Portfolio (and Minister of the Interior for Prussia).[75][76] The SA and SS led torchlit parades throughout Berlin. It is this event that would become termed Hitler's Machtergreifung ("seizure of power"). The term was originally used by some Nazis to suggest a revolutionary process,[77] though Hitler, and others, used the word Machtübernahme ("take-over of power"), reflecting that the transfer of power took place within the existing constitutional framework[77] and suggesting that the process was legal.[78][79]

Papen was to serve as Vice-Chancellor in a majority conservative Cabinet – still falsely believing that he could "tame" Hitler.[58] Initially, Papen did speak out against some Nazi excesses. However, after narrowly escaping death in the Night of the Long Knives in 1934, he no longer dared criticise the regime and was sent off to Vienna as German ambassador.

Nazis should've been violently thrown out of parliament, and the world would've avoided a world war.

Members of the SA were, throughout the 1920s and into the 1930s, often involved in street fights called Zusammenstöße (collisions) with members of the Communist Party (KPD).

https://www.spiegel.de/international...-a-866793.html

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=-apple-system]
    The Nazis embraced and exploited street violence for their own aims.
    Except this wasn't exactly a "Nazi" thing, nor were the Nazis even the first to do it.

https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/guides/z8vt9qt/revision/4

During 5 – 12 January 1919, 50,000 members of the post-World War One Communist Party, known as the Spartacists, rebelled in Berlin, led by Rosa Luxemburg and Karl Liebknecht.
    The government was saved when it armed bands of ex-soldiers, known as the Freikorps, who defeated the Spartacist rebels.
    In the aftermath, communist workers' councils seized power all over Germany, and a Communist People's Government took power in Bavaria.
    By May 1919 the Freikorps had crushed all of these uprisings.
    Nor did the Nazis' "Political Violence" was what allowed them to seize power.

https://www.history.com/topics/germany/beer-hall-putsch

"The Beer Hall Putsch had several significant consequences. First, it led to a split between Hitler and Ludendorff; the general considered Hitler a coward for sneaking away after the police had begun to fire. Second, Hitler decided that armed revolution was not the way to obtain power in Weimar Germany. After the failure of the putsch, he and the Nazi Party worked to manipulate the political system rather than plan another violent seizure of power."

There is no association between the Nazis and political violence.
    Violence is a sign of a "healthy and responsible polity".
    Precisely. It was complacency and "moderates" who allowed Nazis to seize power. Had we all recognized extremism for what it is, we wouldn't have the history we do today.

Andy Ngo and an old white dude are the last victims of Antifa aggressions. See related thread. Just one question so that we can solve this quickly: are they Nazis?
    The answer is simple, we don't know. And what old white dude?

Open borders doesn't benefit any working class citizen or even low income legal immigrants, especially white ones who are hammered by lower wages, congestion in public goods and crime. Similarly, offshoring jobs to third world countries doesnt benefit them at all. Reparations, aka making the white working class pay for the deeds of the rich white liberals, certainly does not benefit them at all. Diversity quotas also make sure that white working class kids are left out, because the quotas for whites are filled by rich white liberals with the correct ideas. Finally, as Hillary said, green policies will put a lot of (white) people out of work, namely miners etc. Your side has launched an all out economic and ethnic displacement war against white people.
    Uh huh. "Open Borders" Harris.

"I believe in border security. I believe that we--" Harris started to say.

"Would you get rid of DHS?" McCain interrupted.

“No, I would not,” Harris said. “We need to restructure and reform it. It's been found actually through federal audits to be one of the most dysfunctional of the federal agencies, so we need to deal with it and fix it, but I do not believe in getting rid of it. No. Yeah."

I'm not even sure how to handle the rest of your qualms since they are derivative and not an actual policy that Harris holds. Not to mention, your worries are economically dubious. They also don't match up with reality.

http://www.nccp.org/media/releases/release_34.html

"The NCCP fact sheet shows that among America’s poor children, 4.2 million are white, 4 million are Latino, 3.6 million are African American, 400,000 are Asian, and 200,000 are American Indian."

I don't see any of your concern for non-white Americans, many of whom are just as poor as displaced working class whites. What you're doing here is simply pandering to a certain type of identity politics. Not the poor. Just the white poor.

The solution for the white working class is to expel white liberals from society.
    The solution for the white working class is to eliminate the Republican Party as a force in this country. They are the biggest obstacle in creating social programs and job programs that would benefit them.

''We don't know if Andy Ngo is a Nazi''. Holy ing liberalism.

What Harris said on ''reforming the NHS'' doesn't mean absolutely anything and it clashes with her raising hand in the Democrat debate when it comes to giving healthcare coverage to illegal immigrants. Now that's actually something accurate and shows what's her stance on the issue: open borders for healthcare tourists.

Charity in the form of social programs is merely a performative dance that upper class White liberals use to give a moral standing to their economic status. If white liberals are charitable, then they are benevolent and can't be accused of being the problem. This obviously clashes with the reality that can be seen in the large urban conglomerates politically dominated by White liberals, which have extremely inequality, housing problems and homelessness, crime problems, education system problems, gentrification problems and are losing middle class people to red dominated states.

Nothing is as consistent as deep blue politics correlation to those problems, because blue politics are the cause. Do you really want to help people? Then teach them how to stand on their own. Liberals hate that. Liberals need slaves addicted to handouts, because that's the only way you can buy their voting loyalty. That's what social programs are for: you look benevolent and buy voters, earning social praise.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; July 18, 2019 at 06:13 AM.

dp
    Last edited by Infidel144; July 18, 2019 at 07:56 AM.

So you listen to the NYT simply because you like them? I can't help against prejudice.

Nor care. I care about my side winning.
    It is kind of amusing how Katsumoto responds to your posts while saying he does not bother to pay attention to them.
    Hey now, antifa gets to define who is and is not a nazi. And by definition, any one the un-pathetic un-cowards of un-nazi antifa engages in a masked gang defensive action from behind against, is a nazi.
    Even if they are bernie supporting democrats, reporters, randos going about their business, wheel chair bound veteran, stores, universities, cars, whatever it happens to be. Nazis one and all.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

What Harris said on ''reforming the NHS'' doesn't mean absolutely anything and it clashes with her raising hand in the Democrat debate when it comes to giving healthcare coverage to illegal immigrants. Now that's actually something accurate and shows what's her stance on the issue: open borders for healthcare tourists.

Charity in the form of social programs is merely a performative dance that upper class White liberals use to give a moral standing to their economic status. If white liberals are charitable, then they are benevolent and can't be accused of being the problem. This obviously clashes with the reality that can be seen in the large urban conglomerates politically dominated by White liberals, which have extremely inequality, housing problems and homelessness, crime problems, education system problems, gentrification problems and are losing middle class people to red dominated states.

Nothing is as consistent as deep blue politics correlation to those problems, because blue politics are the cause. Do you really want to help people? Then teach them how to stand on their own. Liberals hate that. Liberals need slaves addicted to handouts, because that's the only way you can buy their voting loyalty. That's what social programs are for: you look benevolent and buy voters, earning social praise.
    Red dominate states have more if not worse problems than blue states do. You can try to blame social programs for these problems (which have existed before social programs were ever implemented) but in reality thats no where near the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    It is kind of amusing how Katsumoto responds to your posts while saying he does not bother to pay attention to them.
    Shh

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Hey now, antifa gets to define who is and is not a nazi. And by definition, any one the un-pathetic un-cowards of un-nazi antifa engages in a masked gang defensive action from behind against, is a nazi.
    Even if they are bernie supporting democrats, reporters, randos going about their business, wheel chair bound veteran, stores, universities, cars, whatever it happens to be. Nazis one and all.
    The sad thing is that it's exactly like that and it's adding Tulsi Gabbard, Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden to the list; but as I said, this is good.

It basically makes sure that even if Dems win with this insane agenda, it'll destroy the country because no sane person can accept to live under an Orwellian dystopia like that. So it's either they lose or they destroy the country. What a corner they pushed themselves into.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Destory the country? Thats hilarious. Alt-right logic at its best.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

dominated by White liberals, which have extremely inequality, housing problems and homelessness, crime problems, education system problems, gentrification problems and are losing middle class people to red dominated states.

You you saying again and again does not make it true do provided some credible number along with categories by state.

Yes red stand up on their own two feet haha. Nice example you know if you are rancher in Idaho and gosh elk start eating your winter hay that you have stored in you pasture, what does the bold manly red state Ideho rancher do. Stake out his field at night and shoot the elk claiming a nuance loop hole to license needs (legal) - no, put up a fence -no. He calls the state DNR to demand they come out for free and fence in his hay. No hand out there I guess. Oh and hit a cattle in the road, and you kid dies. Rancher has no liability at - in fact you owe him damages. Yep again no hand outs there. And hey the fence program is paid for by Idaho's federal money grants and seeing as they are like most red net receivers of federal money (unlike blue states) just doubles down on hand out factor.

education system problem
    US News looks pretty good for Blue State HS rankings

https://www.usnews.com/education/bes...states-compare

Forbes report

Again Blue Mass is a clear leader. But realistically its hard to say Blue or red are consistently bad or good by this ranking

https://www.forbes.com/sites/reneemo.../#7fcdbdda3897

No so good for red states on this one

https://www.thebalance.com/state-ran...cation-4589755

It basically makes sure that even if Dems win with this insane agenda, it'll destroy the country because no sane person can accept to live under an Orwellian dystopia like that. So it's either they lose or they destroy the country. What a corner they pushed themselves into.
    Wait getting or advocating for national health care is Orwellian?
    Last edited by conon394; July 18, 2019 at 10:34 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

I laughed so hard when they started speaking spanish. Such cringy pandering, oh lord.

My favorite would be Tulsi.
    Hickenlooper, Bennet, and Delaney also made good points.
    Sanders and Warren I dont agree with but they atleast seem honest.
    Booker, Castro and O'Rourke did not impress me with their obvious pandering to hispanics.
    And buttigieg seem like a nice guy.

I'd vote for Buttgieg if I had two votes, but even after the first debate he's a bit of a long shot.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

And this is the divisive idiocy and intolerance shown by a few but influential members of the democratic party that will do their part to pull the candidates further from the moderate, not conservative-hating average voter.
    By highly publicized actions as the ones in the link above, randomly stripping the title of a beauty queen mostly because she was openly a republican the "rank and file" of the democratic party, the entrenched divisive idiots, give the image to the candidates and the movers and shakers that the actual "bulk" of people approve of such moves ("you are with us or you are an enemy!"

As the candidates are eagerly trying to make waves and catch the attention of those movers and shakers, they move so far towards the ultra-progressives that while they may "score points" in the primaries ... they risk losing the general elections as they will have pissed off too many moderates.

When American Conservatives face such open discrimination they will get out to vote for the Republicans even if the Republicans put someone like Trump on the lead. Why? Because they have to protect themselves from lunatic ultraprogressives.

Had the democratic field by and large condemned such pathetic acts as targeting a 20-years old because she's a Republican, they would have lost a few thousand SJW ultraprogressive votes but they would have earned many more in the general election.

And let's be clear here: Who would the ultraprogressives vote for? The progressive candidate since the Republicans also paint them as the enemy.

Both parties need to understand that by slamming the door in the face of a great many voters because they are "on the wrong side" leads to alienating the moderates.
    Last edited by alhoon; July 20, 2019 at 12:17 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    And this is the divisive idiocy and intolerance shown by a few but influential members of the democratic party that will do their part to pull the candidates further from the moderate, not conservative-hating average voter.
    By highly publicized actions as the ones in the link above, randomly stripping the title of a beauty queen mostly because she was openly a republican the "rank and file" of the democratic party, the entrenched divisive idiots, give the image to the candidates and the movers and shakers that the actual "bulk" of people approve of such moves ("you are with us or you are an enemy!"
    I'm not really sure what the great crime here is.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ffensive-posts

"Zhu is a political commentator known as @PoliticalKathy on Twitter and Facebook and an open supporter of President Trump. In 2018, she approached a Muslim Student Association booth and declined to wear a hijab, later tweeting that “there is a 'try a hijab on' booth at my college campus.

“So you're telling me that it's now just a fashion accessory and not a religious thing?” she tweeted, according to the Detroit Free Press. “Or are you just trying to get women used to being oppressed under Islam?”"

While I certainly wouldn't bother stripping her "honors" and "awards", I'm not particularly bothered that she was. It's not really about being Republican, so much as parroting talking points that can be construed as offensive. There is an easy way to protect yourself from becoming a "victim" of the "political correctness police". Write well, impartially, and with context. You could also simply apologize and add context later after your words were incorrectly understood, etc.

Or you could generate some more outrage about the "fake outrage" and how SJWs are practicing thought fascism.

As the candidates are eagerly trying to make waves and catch the attention of those movers and shakers, they move so far towards the ultra-progressives that while they may "score points" in the primaries ... they risk losing the general elections as they will have pissed off too many moderates.

When American Conservatives face such open discrimination they will get out to vote for the Republicans even if the Republicans put someone like Trump on the lead. Why? Because they have to protect themselves from lunatic ultraprogressives.
    The American conservative is unlikely to change their politics anyway. It's certainly worth chasing partisanship to help secure crucial legislation and swing seats, but not when the opponent is rigging the rules and going for crotch shots.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    I'm not really sure what the great crime here is.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ffensive-posts

"Zhu is a political commentator known as @PoliticalKathy on Twitter and Facebook and an open supporter of President Trump. In 2018, she approached a Muslim Student Association booth and declined to wear a hijab, later tweeting that “there is a 'try a hijab on' booth at my college campus.

“So you're telling me that it's now just a fashion accessory and not a religious thing?” she tweeted, according to the Detroit Free Press. “Or are you just trying to get women used to being oppressed under Islam?”"

While I certainly wouldn't bother stripping her "honors" and "awards", I'm not particularly bothered that she was. It's not really about being Republican, so much as parroting talking points that can be construed as offensive. There is an easy way to protect yourself from becoming a "victim" of the "political correctness police". Write well, impartially, and with context. You could also simply apologize and add context later after your words were incorrectly understood, etc.

Or you could generate some more outrage about the "fake outrage" and how SJWs are practicing thought fascism.

The American conservative is unlikely to change their politics anyway. It's certainly worth chasing partisanship to help secure crucial legislation and swing seats, but not when the opponent is rigging the rules and going for crotch shots.

Leaving aside the fact that she was right and sensible, you have a bunch of people going after her for ... refusing to wear a Hijab and then commenting on it on Twitter. And what did that prestigious association do with what could be university-cafeteria level drama between 4-5 pink-haired ultraprogressives and a student?
    They took the rabble-rousers seriously and stripped the girl from the title.

Now, if that girl was known to be a "woman rights advocate" they would have ignored the event because then it would have been "fighting for women rights and female empowerment!".
    But BEHOLD! She was... a republican!
    So, refusing to wear a Hijab was not taken as "female empowerment" but as Islamophobia.

I.e. No, she was stripped of the Title because she was a filthy Republican, and we don't want her kind representing our organization! kind of thinking

And why the political-correctness police would have to spank her bottom because she wrote something that some lunatics got as islamophobia (when coming for a republican of course, else it's female empowerment) ?
    No, a woman should be allowed to be right and express her distaste for such "Hijab day!" things. Especially in as measured tones as the part you posted.
    Why " “So you're telling me that it's now just a fashion accessory and not a religious thing? Or are you just trying to get women used to being oppressed under Islam?”" is "offensive, aside of the part that it came from a Republican?

Let's turn the tables, if there was a "try on a cross for a day!" event and she refused to wear a cross* on the grounds she's not a Christian and opposed the act and said it was religious indoctrination, SJWs would be applauding her.
    If there was a "try on a tiny bikini day" event and she refused to wear a tiny bikini and later said on twitter such lewd events are meant to sexualize women etc, the SJWs would be applauding her.

*Please don't say "Christians do that all the time!". Yes, they do. And if a SJW decries it, no progressive organization would strip them of their title.
    Conservative organizations? Yes. They may have done that. I didn't say they are better. But we talk about the democrats here and how such blatant discrimination of people that are refusing to wear a Hijab alienates voters they would need to win the elections
    Last edited by alhoon; July 20, 2019 at 12:57 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Leaving aside the fact that she was right and sensible, you have a bunch of people going after her for ... refusing to wear a Hijab and then commenting on it on Twitter. And what did that prestigious association do with what could be university-cafeteria level drama between 4-5 pink-haired ultraprogressives and a student?
    They took the rabble-rousers seriously and stripped the girl from the title.

Now, if that girl was known to be a "woman rights advocate" they would have ignored the event because then it would have been "fighting for women rights and female empowerment!".
    But BEHOLD! She was... a republican!
    So, refusing to wear a Hijab was not taken as "female empowerment" but as Islamophobia.

I.e. No, she was stripped of the Title because she was a filthy Republican, and we don't want her kind representing our organization! kind of thinking

And why the political-correctness police would have to spank her bottom because she wrote something that some lunatics got as islamophobia (when coming for a republican of course, else it's female empowerment) ?
    No, a woman should be allowed to be right and express her distaste for such "Hijab day!" things. Especially in as measured tones as the part you posted.
    Why " “So you're telling me that it's now just a fashion accessory and not a religious thing? Or are you just trying to get women used to being oppressed under Islam?”" is "offensive, aside of the part that it came from a Republican?
    I'm not sure if I would call the pageant prestigious. Nor can we conclusively say that she was stripped of the title because she is a "filthy Republican". One may certainly assume so, but she also gave plenty of openings to be attacked as a racist, Islamaphobe, etc. And no, asking a Hijab booth, "are you trying to get women used to being oppressed under Islam?" is not "measured" whatsoever. It's clearly an aggressive anti-Islam retort. Especially when it isn't accompanied by context that justifies such rhetoric. It's on Twitter, 140 characters.

Let's turn the tables, if there was a "try on a cross for a day!" event and she refused to wear a cross* on the grounds she's not a Christian and opposed the act and said it was religious indoctrination, SJWs would be applauding her.
    If there was a "try on a tiny bikini day" event and she refused to wear a tiny bikini and later said on twitter such lewd events are meant to sexualize women etc, the SJWs would be applauding her.
    Except it wasn't a Bikini. It was a Hijab. In this case, she wouldn't "refuse to wear a cross". She'd say something dumb and offensive about Christianity instead. Which would, as I imagine, get a bunch of white people all outraged and earn a front page on the New York Post about how young people are becoming degenerates.

*Please don't say "Christians do that all the time!". Yes, they do. And if a SJW decries it, no progressive organization would strip them of their title.
    Conservative organizations? Yes. They may have done that. I didn't say they are better. But we talk about the democrats here and how such blatant discrimination of people that are refusing to wear a Hijab alienates voters they would need to win the elections
    A privately owned Pageant stripped an outspoken Republican of a beauty badge over fairly agenda-driven tweets. Not exactly a tragedy. Nor do I think this reflects badly on Democrats. There are plenty of things that are far more serious when it comes to the Democratic party.

According to liberals, Islamic law doesn't oppress wamyn and our women should learn to wear Hijab to be culturally sensitive. And people still think that my idea of splitting society is extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post

Uh huh. Except,

Nazis should've been violently thrown out of parliament, and the world would've avoided a world war.

Nor did the Nazis' "Political Violence" was what allowed them to seize power.

Precisely. It was complacency and "moderates" who allowed Nazis to seize power. Had we all recognized extremism for what it is, we wouldn't have the history we do today.
    The NSDAP was totally not violent and came to power democratically guys. If only someone had thrown them out of the Parliament even though they had a paramilitary force which was four times larger than Germany's standing army then Kristallnacht, the Holocaust and World War II (which are also not examples of political violence perpetrated by the NSDAP) wouldn't have happened.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Cope; July 20, 2019 at 08:00 AM.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama
    I'm not sure if I would call the pageant prestigious. Nor can we conclusively say that she was stripped of the title because she is a "filthy Republican". One may certainly assume so, but she also gave plenty of openings to be attacked as a racist, Islamaphobe, etc. And no, asking a Hijab booth, "are you trying to get women used to being oppressed under Islam?" is not "measured" whatsoever. It's clearly an aggressive anti-Islam retort. Especially when it isn't accompanied by context that justifies such rhetoric. It's on Twitter, 140 characters.
    So what if it’s anti Islam? So what if its offensive? Why is that even a problem?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.