View Poll Results: Which Democratic candidates do you prefer?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Michael Bennet

    1 2.78%
  • Joe Biden

    5 13.89%
  • Cory Booker

    0 0%
  • Steve Bullock

    1 2.78%
  • Pete Buttigieg

    1 2.78%
  • Julian Castro

    0 0%
  • Bill de Blasio

    0 0%
  • John Delaney

    2 5.56%
  • Tulsi Gabbard

    8 22.22%
  • Kamala Harris

    0 0%
  • Amy Klobuchar

    2 5.56%
  • Wayne Messam

    0 0%
  • Robert Francis O'Rourke

    0 0%
  • Tim Ryan

    1 2.78%
  • Bernie Sanders

    12 33.33%
  • Joe Sestak

    0 0%
  • Tom Steyer

    0 0%
  • Elizabeth Warren

    10 27.78%
  • Marianne Williamson

    1 2.78%
  • Andrew Yang

    7 19.44%
  • Someone else

    4 11.11%
  • Don't care

    6 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 971

Thread: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

  1. #341

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    It doesn't matter whether she's running for President or not - such actions will be used against the party by anyone who isn't a Democrat. These people are getting Trump reelected.
    So I ask again, is anyone trying to primary her? If not why entertain it here? This is the primary thread.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  2. #342

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Her kind of activities reflect the kind of policies discussed in the primaries. Hell, you even had an epic moment like this:

  3. #343

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Her kind of activities reflect the kind of policies discussed in the primaries. Hell, you even had an epic moment like this:
    Why is it a controversial idea for people who pay taxes, even social security, to be provided health care?
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    Cities: Skylines
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ities-Skylines

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  4. #344

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Robert ''fake Hispanic'' O'Rourke goes full SJW and calls for the detruction of the country's foundation because it's based on white supremacy.
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-on-white-sup/

  5. #345

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Robert ''fake Hispanic'' O'Rourke goes full SJW and calls for the detruction of the country's foundation because it's based on white supremacy.
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-on-white-sup/
    Care to quote him calling for the destruction of the country's foundation?
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    Cities: Skylines
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ities-Skylines

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  6. #346

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has been the recent target of criticism from Nancy Pelosi for basically being loud but ineffective in getting legislation passed. AOC has responded with the canned Democrat response, Nancy Pelosi is criticizing her because - you guessed it - racism.

    One democrat has called for a primary challenger for AOC.

    First Joe Biden, now Pelosi is a racist. The circular firing squad heats up.

  7. #347
    Protector Domesticus
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    4,458

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Well, most of the Democratic freshmen in Congress are relatively "moderate" Democrats IIRC, typically from purple or even red districts. Those 3 little devils aren't representative of the Democratic party, they just get an absurd amount of media attention. As moderate/conservative Hispanics and blacks rise and white liberals dwindle as a proportion of Democrats, it's possible that the party will become increasingly more moderate over the next few decades. Most of their batcrap crazy proposals are being promoted by white liberals, who are over-represented among activists and leaders and such.

  8. #348

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has been the recent target of criticism from Nancy Pelosi for basically being loud but ineffective in getting legislation passed. AOC has responded with the canned Democrat response, Nancy Pelosi is criticizing her because - you guessed it - racism.

    One democrat has called for a primary challenger for AOC.

    First Joe Biden, now Pelosi is a racist. The circular firing squad heats up.
    I know of a few US bankers who are Dem donors. When I pointed out in the past 2 years how far left Dems were moving, they dismissed me. Now I see them in chats going ''****'' because they are realizing what kind of mess the activist base is.
    Last edited by chriscase; July 13, 2019 at 11:42 AM. Reason: please don't bypass the censor

  9. #349

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Her kind of activities reflect the kind of policies discussed in the primaries. Hell, you even had an epic moment like this:
    I'm enjoying the reluctant half raises there.

    In contrast, Bernie is just busting out, he knows the right answer, and he just wants so badly for the teacher to call on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.


  10. #350

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    I love Pete's ''Just FML'' face.

  11. #351

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Well, most of the Democratic freshmen in Congress are relatively "moderate" Democrats IIRC, typically from purple or even red districts. Those 3 little devils aren't representative of the Democratic party, they just get an absurd amount of media attention. As moderate/conservative Hispanics and blacks rise and white liberals dwindle as a proportion of Democrats, it's possible that the party will become increasingly more moderate over the next few decades. Most of their batcrap crazy proposals are being promoted by white liberals, who are over-represented among activists and leaders and such.
    Correct. The exposure that the radical wing of the progressive spectrum receives is comically disproportionate to its popularity among Democratic voters.

  12. #352

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    Correct. The exposure that the radical wing of the progressive spectrum receives is comically disproportionate to its popularity among Democratic voters.
    People tend to forget. The average wins out.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  13. #353

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    People tend to forget. The average wins out.
    No it doesn't.

  14. #354

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    To the feckless supporters of leftist idiot candidates, I have a question: what will run out first, our medicare funding or our influx of illegal immigrants? At least we will be taxed at 80% tax rate together in order to ensure the illegal immigrants are given their "human rights" to be funded by us to get whatever they want. My healthcare costs may be economically crippling, but that doesnt mean that those who enter the country illegally shouldn't be. We should support them through subsidies uintil it is easier for criminal aliens to pay for healthcare over citizens. Good move.

    If we are going to give away our welfare programs in a shameless attempt to gain votes, how many votes can I contend to sway to my party especially if they don't need an ID proving they are American to vote? Can I just pay them $50.00 per vote Republican?

    Stop pretending, Admit to your globalist, high tax agenda. Admit that you believe local populations are worth nothing but exploitation. Nobody is fooled by this ridiculous sort of logic. Thank goodness it seems the Conservative elements of the US are immune to your . Your efforts are so transparent and I think will lead nothing towards an overwhelming support to Donald Trump in 2020 - a trend that you should be fearing world wide. Your leftist idiocy has little to no traction, and has no mascot even among the wokest democratic candidate morons.

    You chose to fund non-citizen healthcare over citizen welfare and you think you're electable? Hilarious.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; July 12, 2019 at 11:02 PM.

  15. #355

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    To the feckless supporters of leftist idiot candidates, I have a question: what will run out first, our medicare funding or our influx of illegal immigrants? At least we will be taxed at 80% tax rate together in order to ensure the illegal immigrants are given their "human rights" to be funded by us to get whatever they want. My healthcare costs may be economically crippling, but that doesnt mean that those who enter the country illegally shouldn't be. We should support them through subsidies uintil it is easier for criminal aliens to pay for healthcare over citizens. Good move.

    If we are going to give away our welfare programs in a shameless attempt to gain votes, how many votes can I contend to sway to my party especially if they don't need an ID proving they are American to vote? Can I just pay them $50.00 per vote Republican?

    Stop pretending, Admit to your globalist, high tax agenda. Admit that you believe local populations are worth nothing but exploitation. Nobody is fooled by this ridiculous sort of logic. Thank goodness it seems the Conservative elements of the US are immune to your . Your efforts are so transparent and I think will lead nothing towards an overwhelming support to Donald Trump in 2020 - a trend that you should be fearing world wide. Your leftist idiocy has little to no traction, and has no mascot even among the wokest democratic candidate morons.

    You chose to fund non-citizen healthcare over citizen welfare and you think you're electable? Hilarious.
    I think you are being hyperbolic by stating that these candidates prefer to provide healthcare to illegal immigrants than their own citizens. You can criticize the general policy itself, but let's not infer stances that they clearly don't have.

    And in regards to some of their positions... when certain liberals advocate for an ideology set on advocating for extreme empathy in the face of any issue, it is going to look extremely bad to push for a more moderate (and much more practical) approach. Candidates would just look heartless in comparison and bomb out if they bucked the trend.

    With that being said, these people are politicians at the end of the day who want to be elected. If the general public is luke warm/hostile to their approach, they are going change their views accordingly so they don't get blasted in the general election. Either that, or they'll lose the election in 2020 and will face the facts afterwards.

    Ideology is driven by the human affinity for power and it will shift rapidly if it is not a useful one. These people aren't ideologues, rather, they are just testing ideas what they believe they can rally their base around. Let's give it some time to see where they settle on...
    Last edited by ♔The Black Knight♔; July 13, 2019 at 12:05 AM.

  16. #356

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ♔The Black Knight♔ View Post
    I think you are being hyperbolic by stating that these candidates prefer to provide healthcare to illegal immigrants than their own citizens. You can criticize the general policy itself, but let's not infer stances that they clearly don't have.

    And in regards to some of their positions... when certain liberals advocate for an ideology set on advocating for extreme empathy in the face of any issue, it is going to look extremely bad to push for a more moderate (and much more practical) approach. Candidates would just look heartless in comparison and bomb out if they bucked the trend.

    With that being said, these people are politicians at the end of the day who want to be elected. If the general public is luke warm/hostile to their approach, they are going change their views accordingly so they don't get blasted in the general election. Either that, or they'll lose the election in 2020 and will face the facts afterwards.

    Ideology is driven by the human affinity for power and it will shift rapidly if it is not a useful one. These people aren't ideologues, rather, they are just testing ideas what they believe they can rally their base around. Let's give it some time to see where they settle on...
    How about actually standing behind things you believe in instead of telling people what you think they want to hear? I can't think of a single policy position Trump switched from primary to general election. Why is it ok to lie to get votes?

    If a single one of these democrat candidates actually said "hey, I don't think open borders is a good idea and I'm not racist because I feel that way", they would win this primary hands down. Most democrat voters aren't open borders socialist loonies. Instead, it has become a competition to who can give away the most free stuff in every different manner possible and who can virtue signal the best. It's a circus at this point.

  17. #357

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    People tend to forget. The average wins out.
    No it doesn't. The most intolerant wins in the long run. This is why the party is in the shape that it is.

    The agenda is driven by activists, those are by far the most extreme.

  18. #358
    Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    NI
    Posts
    6,452
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    If the average wins out then why is Biden copying progressive rhetoric.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Nope. There is nothing to suggest dramatically that his heart is giving out. His heart attack is a testament to how well he can recover from something like that.

  19. #359

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    How about actually standing behind things you believe in instead of telling people what you think they want to hear? I can't think of a single policy position Trump switched from primary to general election. Why is it ok to lie to get votes?

    If a single one of these democrat candidates actually said "hey, I don't think open borders is a good idea and I'm not racist because I feel that way", they would win this primary hands down. Most democrat voters aren't open borders socialist loonies. Instead, it has become a competition to who can give away the most free stuff in every different manner possible and who can virtue signal the best. It's a circus at this point.
    Trump shifted on issues from primary to the general election.

    Shifted on how his attitude towards funding. Went from self funded and grass roots to doing what most politicians do.

    Shifted on minimum wage. Stated he wasn't open to raising it in the primaries, was later open to raising it.

    Shifted on his attitude toward compromising. Was much more open to the idea of compromising and prided himself on his ability to make deals.

    Shifted on his immigration approach. In August 2016, he was asked how he would deport all the illegals and he pretty much said that he would do what Obama did and focus on criminals first. Declined to answer about what he would do for others.

    And there is more. I couldn't find a conservative source that kept track of the stuff, but this article might help demonstrate his shifts on issues. I would argue that Trump ran as a moderate in comparison to other Republicans and abandoned many unpopular positions of the party in order to secure victory (though I don't think his positions were solely what got him elected).

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...itions-n547801

    To your point about the behavior of candidates, none of them are confident in their personality or charisma to make it work apparently. Or their biological affinity towards their group identity is so strong that it compels them to conform. It's safer to ride the ideology than push against it and their human psyche is not individualistic enough to be able to break free.

    Even if we do see candidates take moderate stances,however, it doesn't mean it will be a winning platform. Delaney tried to be that guy and he just couldn't make a breakthrough. I wish I could explain exactly why Trump's personality and attitudes "work", but it just does. There is hole in my knowledge on group dynamics between human beings (especially from a more primal perspective) and I think this would offer a better path that candidates to pursue.
    Last edited by ♔The Black Knight♔; July 13, 2019 at 08:58 PM.

  20. #360
    HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    11,248

    Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    If the average wins out then why is Biden copying progressive rhetoric.
    Same reason Trump told the lqbtq community he would be their protector. Empty, meaningless rhetoric.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •