View Poll Results: Who's your favourite candidate for the 2020 Democratic Primaries?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bernie Sanders.

19 48.72%
  • Joe Biden.

5 12.82%
  • Neither.

15 38.46%
Page 15 of 116 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065115 ... LastLast

Thread: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    I am not saying she shouldn't be eligible to run, I am saying she is a poor candidate and would make a poor president.
    You’re not even attacking her positions. You literally are saying she shouldn’t be eligible to run. The requirements are so simple so as to counter people like you.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    You’re not even attacking her positions. You literally are saying she shouldn’t be eligible to run. The requirements are so simple so as to counter people like you.
    Quote me. Find where I said she shouldn't be eligible to run when I clearly stated I don't say that. The requirements are so simple as to counter people like you Gaidin.
    "Wait, I didn't say she shouldn't be eligible to run, alhoon!"
    Nor did I and between the two of us, I am the one that stated explicitly that I don't say she shouldn't be eligible to run. You took that and turned to "you literally said she should be eligible to run". Well, two can play the game of making up things the other never said Gaidin.
    Last edited by alhoon; June 29, 2019 at 07:24 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Quote me. Find where I said she shouldn't be eligible to run when I clearly stated I don't say that. The requirements are so simple as to counter people like you Gaidin.
    "Wait, I didn't say that alhoon!"
    Nor did I.
    Get to work alhoon. Go attack her positions instead of a massive ad hominem on her resume. I hear google works wonders. You really stuck your own foot down your throat here. You can either pull it out or stick it down further.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Moderator Emeritus

Get to work alhoon. Go attack her positions instead of a massive ad hominem on her resume. I hear google works wonders. You really stuck your own foot down your throat here. You can either pull it out or stick it down further.
    I didn't even read her positions. Her resume is aaaaaaall that I need to call her a poor candidate that would make a poor president. You may agree or disagree with my criteria, but that doesn't mean you can misquote me and distort what I say.

You really stuck your own foot down your throat before when you intentionally misquoted what I said. The issue in post 282 Gaidin was not her positions or her resume. The issue was that you managed to take a "I don't say she shouldn't be eligible for president" and you turned it to "You literally said she shouldn't be eligible for president".
    I hear apologies for hostile misquotes work wonders.

Yes, I could google her positions. But I prefer to use my time to correct the broken record and put those that misquote me and then try to change the subject in their place.
    Last edited by alhoon; June 29, 2019 at 07:34 PM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.

Since he did not say that she should not be eligible to run (he "literally" said the opposite), are you lying about what he said, or are you speculating that is what he meant?

I didn't even read her positions.
    Concession accepted. Now that we know you don’t know why the requirements to run are the way they are and never will. You’ll also never address a candidates positions if you don’t like them. As in, if you have already performed your own personal ad hominem on them.

Point in your favor. You would make a good politician in the future. Half the job is attacking the person. Not dealing with what they actually say and what their actual stances are. You’d be right at home.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Moderator Emeritus

Concession accepted. Now that we know you don’t know why the requirements to run are the way they are and never will. You’ll also never address a candidates positions if you don’t like them. As in, if you have already performed your own personal ad hominem on them.

Point in your favor. You would make a good politician in the future. Half the job is attacking the person. Not dealing with what they actually say and what their actual stances are. You’d be right at home.
    You realize the major issue here is how you misquoted me and distorted what I said, right? I never said she shouldn't run, or that I read her positions. I said she's a poor candidate and would make a poor president.
    Somehow, instead of automatically going for "Do you disagree with her positions" you went right to say "she can run for president" as if anyone denied that and then you doubled down on the misquote despite me clearly saying I never said that. Then, you called me a politician.

You would make a good politician since you evade the subject and misquote what the other side said and then simply avoid addressing what the other person said. I hear there are openings in the Trump campaign for 2020...

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Since he did not say that she should not be eligible to run (he "literally" said the opposite), are you lying about what he said, or are you speculating that is what he meant?
    You should be able to make out the answer from his subsequent posts.

Half the time Gaidin doesn't even read what the other person writes and he posts rubbish about things the others never said or clearly denied. There seems to be a habit of some posters to make aggravating posts when they are caught redhanded to have made a mistake.
    Last edited by alhoon; June 29, 2019 at 07:50 PM.

Half the time Gaidin doesn't even read what the other person writes and he posts rubbish about things the others never said or clearly denied.
    I'll back up what I say. She's got one simple principle that means I won't vote for her. She's anti-vax. And there are politicians with really good resumes that are anti-vax. So resume be damned. Positions are key. Not resume. It's why I won't ever vote for her. Ever. But you are avoiding her positions.

Good politician.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

I'll back up what I say.
    Excellent. You said:
    "You literally are saying she shouldn’t be eligible to run."
    Now back that up and quote alhoon literally saying that.

Moderator Emeritus

I'll back up what I say. She's got one simple principle that means I won't vote for her. She's anti-vax. And there are politicians with really good resumes that are anti-vax. So resume be damned. Positions are key. Not resume. It's why I won't ever vote for her. Ever. But you are avoiding her positions.

Good politician.
    I don't care about her positions because her resume is horrible. If she becomes one of the last 3-4 candidates, then her positions would start becoming relevant. At this point? The break-away phase? It's resume. She can say a lot of things and adopt positions she will change later on.

Trump's positions for example were downright bad especially in the early phase and so was his resume. His positions were not able to materialize because congressmen and senators are not insane and USA have checks and counters so a POTUS cannot simply build huge walls, dissolve Obamacare, arrest and expel millions of people or ban certain religions just because.
    As such, Trump's positions do less damage to USA than his aggressive personality that alienates allies and his divisive rhetoric that made partisanship so much worse. And that personality, we could see from his resume.

The occult bookstore old lady with the book dictated by Jesus could include wonderful things in her supposed positions. I believe she will never get to materialize them because she won't be elected. I believe she will never get to materialize them because her resume doesn't inspire me confidence she will ever get the support she needs to enact her positions whether they are good or bad. I believe she will never get to materialize them because I don't trust she has true, informed positions and when she realizes what she suggests, she would have her "nobody knew healthcare was so complicated!" moment.

And I get all those from her resume.
    Whether her positions are anti-vax or include the best plan to transform the USA in a Love-based Utopia New Zealand would be jealous of, they are not relevant at this stage as they are neither informed positions nor will stay the same in the following year.
    Last edited by alhoon; June 29, 2019 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Excellent. You said:
    "You literally are saying she shouldn’t be eligible to run."
    Now back that up and quote alhoon literally saying that.
    The post where he attacked her instead of her positions man. It's that simple. Get the frak over yourself because it's the third time I've explained this. We're even in a debate forum where this principle should be appreciated. But if you like this. Then...you go on being that way. He can attack her instead of her positions. And you can support an ad hominem. We know what you're like then. The requirements for being President are as simple as they are to deal with you as well.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Moderator Emeritus

The post where he attacked her instead of her positions man. It's that simple.
    That post nowhere said she should not be eligible for POTUS.
    Being a bad candidate doesn't mean she shouldn't be eligible for POTUS.

PS even about the new round of "Nah, I won't admit I didn't read what he said and that I made a mistake, I will pretend it was about the positions\resume thing to save face" :
    I just proved to you that at this point, her resume is vastly more important than whatever positions she espouses.
    She has never held public office and we're faaaar from the elections. Her positions could be from adopting "My Little Pony" at elementary school curriculum to fighting poverty in an effective way and it would mean little at this point.

it's the third time I've explained this
    Nope, this is the first time you attempt a feeble explanation about twisting my words about who could run for POTUS after being called to do it three different times.
    The rest were evasive tactics talking about a completely different thing: That I didn't read her positions (which I have good reasons to ignore).
    That you try now to combine the two as if they are the same thing is simply disingenuous.
    Last edited by alhoon; June 29, 2019 at 08:28 PM.

The post where he attacked her instead of her positions man. It's that simple. Get the frak over yourself because it's the third time I've explained this. We're even in a debate forum where this principle should be appreciated. But if you like this. Then...you go on being that way. He can attack her instead of her positions. And you can support an ad hominem. We know what you're like then. The requirements for being President are as simple as they are to deal with you as well.
    I requested that you quote alhoon "literally [...] saying she shouldn’t be eligible to run".
    You have failed to do so,
    Thus you lied about alhoon when you claimed what he was 'literally saying', and you lied again, about yourself, when you stated you would back up what you say.

You are literally attacking alhoon for a position he did not take. In a debate forum. Is that your principle?
    Last edited by Infidel144; June 29, 2019 at 08:47 PM.

I don't think a resume should disqualify someone from running. As much as I don't like AOC, I don't think her prior experience as being a bartender should discount her from becoming a politician. The founders intended that regular folks from all walks of life should participate in government.

MacCarthy's Avatar Miles

That second round was terrible. Poor Biden, between Harris that night and Booker's attack a few weeks ago, trying to paint him as an old racist.
    The free healthcare to illegals may put a nail in the coffin for any of them trying to woo moderate Dems and Independents.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/14/o...stonewall.html
    Reparations for gays. They'll never stop.

This is supported by Elizabeth Warren btw. God I hope she wins the primaries.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; June 30, 2019 at 02:49 AM.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    I don't think a resume should disqualify someone from running. As much as I don't like AOC, I don't think her prior experience as being a bartender should discount her from becoming a politician. The founders intended that regular folks from all walks of life should participate in government.
    A resume doesn't disqualify anyone from running. Nobody suggested that. It's something some posters made up.
    You can be a convict in USA and I think you could still run which is fine.

But the resume of AOC or that old lady should be examined once they runs. Of course we should examine the resume of the candidate before voting. Actions speak louder than words and positions shift with time and necessity.
    Both AOC and this woman never had a brush with a public office to see how the system works and what the positions they espouse really sound like and whether they are attainable and realistic or even as beneficial as they seem in their minds.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by MacCarthy View Post
    That second round was terrible. Poor Biden, between Harris that night and Booker's attack a few weeks ago, trying to paint him as an old racist.
    The free healthcare to illegals may put a nail in the coffin for any of them trying to woo moderate Dems and Independents.
    Biden deserved he really should not have run he is living in the past.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Biden deserved he really should not have run he is living in the past.
    Buttigieg should have retorted to Swallwell that he needs to take care of his own House and get to work on Impeachment if that's really what he believes before coming after him for handling things according to rules and not politics.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

An old lady that is a college drop-out that wanted to be a cabaret singer. She owned an occult bookstore and "teaches" spiritual transformation from a book that was supposedly dictated by Jesus.

Are you Fecking Kidding me???
    Thats pretty tame by Democrat standards, Warren, Sanders and AOC are self-admitted socialists, and socialism is basically economic equivalent of the whole anti-vax thing. Democrats are just not a good party overall.