View Poll Results: Who's your favourite candidate for the 2020 Democratic Primaries?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bernie Sanders.

19 48.72%
  • Joe Biden.

5 12.82%
  • Neither.

15 38.46%
Page 10 of 116 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

Looking at all your candidates: yall are ed hhahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Looking at all your candidates: yall are ed hhahaha
    I highly doubt the eventual nominee is going to perform worse than Hillary (who won the popular vote btw). If the Democrats lose the 2020 election, they should dissolve themselves and submit to the rule of our glorious leader. Maybe after Trump's 4th or 5th term they can show their face again to provide a winning platform.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔The Black Knight♔ View Post
    I highly doubt the eventual nominee is going to perform worse than Hillary (who won the popular vote btw). If the Democrats lose the 2020 election, they should dissolve themselves and submit to the rule of our glorious leader. Maybe after Trump's 4th or 5th term they can show their face again to provide a winning platform.
    Doubtful, Hillary atleast didn't have to show her hand during the primaries as the DNC was clearly behind her. The new idiotic platforms of reparations and healthcare for illegals aren't going to help Democrats in the rust belt. Wait till Andrew Yang gets up on the debate stage and promises to give everyone $1,000 dollars a month for existing, can't wait to see whose willing to up the ante to $1,001 to increase their primary chances.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodenow View Post
    Whew the knives are out to stab Biden while he’s down for praising working with segregationists.
    Good I'm glad he managed a gaff that might kill him now. He is too old. I really don't want a president that will end up like Regan at the end of term and Biden's homages to long gone days of civility are risible.
    The civility and bi partisanship he longs was statistical blip. The US ha economic ascendancy in the world, the North accepted jim crow, and the USSR loomed to make the politics stops at the boarder seem logical. Before not so much civility and bi partisanship.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Good I'm glad he managed a gaff that might kill him now. He is too old. I really don't want a president that will end up like Regan at the end of term and Biden's homages to long gone days of civility are risible.
    The civility and bi partisanship he longs was statistical blip. The US ha economic ascendancy in the world, the North accepted jim crow, and the USSR loomed to make the politics stops at the boarder seem logical. Before not so much civility and bi partisanship.
    Slow down there. Not really much of a gaff yet if nobody's talking about the right thing the right way.

South Carolina is sticking by Biden right now. John Lewis himself is pretty not shocked that, you know, back when politicians used to actually come to the table and negotiate, back when the Civil Rights Act was passed, some of the white people were still segregationists and people like Biden points to a time where, yes, he had to negotiate with them. John Lewis had to negotiate with the Klan. They got crap done. This generation doesn't. That is what the black vote wants. Someone who gets crap done. Right now they're trying to kick Biden while he's down instead of point to themselves and how they'll get crap done. Not what they'll do; re Elizabeth Warren and all her high and mighty policies. How they'll get crap done. I'd love to hear how Elizabeth Warren will get that stuff through Congress as well. They forget that typically so goes South Carolina, so goes the Black Vote historically. If they can't make a good case for themselves, the Black Vote will stay aligned with Biden because Biden is the only one making a case for getting crap done.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Slow down there. Not really much of a gaff yet if nobody's talking about the right thing the right way.

South Carolina is sticking by Biden right now. John Lewis himself is pretty not shocked that, you know, back when politicians used to actually come to the table and negotiate, back when the Civil Rights Act was passed, some of the white people were still segregationists and people like Biden points to a time where, yes, he had to negotiate with them. John Lewis had to negotiate with the Klan. They got crap done. This generation doesn't. That is what the black vote wants. Someone who gets crap done. Right now they're trying to kick Biden while he's down instead of point to themselves and how they'll get crap done. Not what they'll do; re Elizabeth Warren and all her high and mighty policies. How they'll get crap done. I'd love to hear how Elizabeth Warren will get that stuff through Congress as well. They forget that typically so goes South Carolina, so goes the Black Vote historically. If they can't make a good case for themselves, the Black Vote will stay aligned with Biden because Biden is the only one making a case for getting crap done.
    But the getting crap done is a fantasy. Until gerrymandering gets undone (and hopefully to non partisan commissions) there is no way the Senate flips Democrat so what can Biden get done? Unless he picks somebody off the federalist society list you really think the Turtle is suddenly not going go back to just stonewalling all/most democratic judicial candidates. Let's not forget Obama tried the working together thing to and got nothing. My point is Biden is too old and lives in the past that will not return. He will not be able to so anything legislatively anymore than Warren or Booker etc. But at least I trust their use of executive power will be better in terms of rolling back the damage Trump has done. No matter how work together he is - do see a roll back of Trumps tax cut? Actually spending a trillion dollars of infrastructure? Improving Obama care that is not killing it? How about auditing the Pentagon to figure why they keep loosing money? I really can't see any of that passing the R -senate and that is moderate stuff.
    Last edited by conon394; June 22, 2019 at 08:37 AM.

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

But the getting crap done is a fantasy. Until gerrymandering gets undone (and hopefully to non partisan commissions) there is no way the Senate flips Democrat so what can Biden get done? Unless he picks somebody off the federalist society list you really think the Turtle is suddenly not going go back to just stonewalling all/most democratic judicial candidates. Let's not forget Obama tried the working together thing to and got nothing. My point is Biden is too old and lives in the past that will not return. He will not be able to so anything legislatively anymore than Warren or Booker etc. But at least I trust their use of executive power will be better in terms of rolling back the damage Trump has done. No matter how work together he is - do see a roll back of Trumps tax cut? Actually spending a trillion dollars of infrastructure? Improving Obama care that is not killing it? How about auditing the Pentagon to figure why they keep loosing money? I really can't see any of that passing the R -senate and that is moderate stuff.
    Fantasize all you want. Until they shift the vote, they're not really going to shift Biden's lead. People running a DC-focused campaign or watching DC-focused politics are most disturbed by his comment. Voters that want to know how they'll get infrastructure, jobs, and medicine through are like "Yea. He'll have to talk to the other side. We've had to talk to the other side for years. What you want?"
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Fantasize all you want. Until they shift the vote, they're not really going to shift Biden's lead. People running a DC-focused campaign or watching DC-focused politics are most disturbed by his comment. Voters that want to know how they'll get infrastructure, jobs, and medicine through are like "Yea. He'll have to talk to the other side. We've had to talk to the other side for years. What you want?"
    Talk about what. I failed to notice any republican talking about healthcare with Obama when he tried unless it liquidating existing programs. The people who would not give Garland a hearing are suddenly going to talk and deal - about what.

Again. Shift the vote. Warren's ideas mean jack if she doesn't tell how she's getting it through Congress. If all she's doing is praying for full Dem Legislature she's useless. If she's got something workable for negotiations then her ideas are useless anyway as she knows she's meeting in the middle and she knows it and she doesn't dare bring up how she's gonna talk to people. Meanwhile, Biden knows this. Instead of being another person on the ninth cloud, he's talking about how he'd get crap done. And quite a few like it. Warren is campaigning for DC. Biden is campaigning for the people. That is the difference. You either accept this or you don't. But guess who's getting the nod in the polls. The numbers speak.

Shift. The. Vote.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

But the getting crap done is a fantasy. Until gerrymandering gets undone (and hopefully to non partisan commissions) there is no way the Senate flips Democrat so what can Biden get done?
    Uh... What? Senators are elected by popular vote in whole states.

Again. Shift the vote. Warren's ideas mean jack if she doesn't tell how she's getting it through Congress. If all she's doing is praying for full Dem Legislature she's useless. If she's got something workable for negotiations then her ideas are useless anyway as she knows she's meeting in the middle and she knows it and she doesn't dare bring up how she's gonna talk to people. Meanwhile, Biden knows this. Instead of being another person on the ninth cloud, he's talking about how he'd get crap done. And quite a few like it. Warren is campaigning for DC. Biden is campaigning for the people. That is the difference. You either accept this or you don't. But guess who's getting the nod in the polls. The numbers speak.

Shift. The. Vote.
    Fundamentally he can talk all he wants but the dems won't get the senate and thus he won't get anything done I see no why his outreach will not slapped back by the Republican senate anymore than all of Obama's attempts were and why the House Republicans will simply go back to voting no as a block. Shift the vote yes stop look for the mythical moderates for an old white savior guy and just make sure don't loose the few percentage points you to Nader or loony Greens.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Uh... What? Senators are elected by popular vote in whole states.
    I know that what I mean is the Dems have for the quite a log time failed to deal with the Republican control of States and length they went to gerrymander districts such that have a right now a lock on the senate.

I know that what I mean is the Dems have for the quite a log time failed to deal with the Republican control of States and length they went to gerrymander districts such that have a right now a lock on the senate.
    Gerrymandering does not effect the Senate. Gerrymandering can effect the House (see e.g. Texas where Republicans in the 90's might get large majorities of the vote and minorities of the seats). And gosh, what do you know, Democrats control the House...

Fundamentally he can talk all he wants but the dems won't get the senate and thus he won't get anything done I see no why his outreach will not slapped back by the Republican senate anymore than all of Obama's attempts were and why the House Republicans will simply go back to voting no as a block. Shift the vote yes stop look for the mythical moderates for an old white savior guy and just make sure don't loose the few percentage points you to Nader or loony Greens.
    You're still not making a case that will shift the vote away from Biden. OOoooo Biden said something. Voters in SC don't care. In fact Voters in SC are still lined up with him. Which unless he seriously trips and falls tends to flow the pattern for the rest of the SEC. No matter how much candidates try to kick him. You can focus on DC all you want. But you're not focusing on the voters. Shift the vote. And Nader and his Greens are about...June right now? They're about 365 days in the future. Don't get too far ahead of yourself. Focus on the Primary and the voters. We have a debate next week. You need to focus on the voters and next week is when things may actually change.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Gerrymandering does not effect the Senate. Gerrymandering can effect the House (see e.g. Texas where Republicans in the 90's might get large majorities of the vote and minorities of the seats). And gosh, what do you know, Democrats control the House...
    Yes you are right a bit under the weather this morning. I was sort of not lucidly trying to get at was the senate is fixed of the two senator thing but for some reason got Gerrymandering on my mind. It is a problem know that a few hundred thousand people in red Wyoming get 2 senators the same as New York or Texas.I know the original rational but at this point it is getting close to creating a tyranny of the minority not preventing a tyranny of the majority.

You're still not making a case that will shift the vote away from Biden. OOoooo Biden said something. Voters in SC don't care. In fact Voters in SC are still lined up with him. No matter how much candidates try to kick him. You can focus on DC all you want. But you're not focusing on the voters. Shift the vote. And Nader and his Greens are about...June right now? They're about 365 days in the future. Don't get too far ahead of yourself.
    What is the DC argument? I simply saying I don't want to see the dems to run a grandpa dreaming of days gone in time when working together will produce nothing. On the whole I think its just his name recognition association with Obama that are carrying him. But I just don't think there is any working together. Unless you reverse tax cuts and go back to say the 60 era tax code there is no way democratic candidate's proposals are going to not be debt. Which means the Republican senate will suddenly start caring about debt again and oppose tax cuts to the last Senator.
    Last edited by conon394; June 22, 2019 at 10:45 AM.

Yes you are right a bit under the weather this morning. I was sort of not lucidly trying to get at was the senate is fixed of the two senator thing but for some reason got Gerrymandering on my mind. It is a problem know that a few hundred thousand people in red Wyoming get 2 senators the same as New York or Texas.I know the original rational but at this point it is getting close to creating a tyranny of the minority not preventing a tyranny of the majority.
    Ah, the abolish the Senate argument that the left has been moving towards.

What is the DC argument? I simply saying I don't want to see the dems to run a grandpa dreaming of days gone in time when working together will produce nothing. On the whole I think its just his name recognition association with Obama that are carrying him. But I just don't think there is any working together. Unless you reverse tax cuts and go back to say the 60 era tax code there is no way democratic candidate's proposals are going to not be debt. Which means the Republican senate will suddenly start caring about debt again and oppose tax cuts to the last Senator.
    Joe Biden averages 25% in the polls local or otherwise. Hell Biden has 45% in South Carolina. 45% among black voters. It takes an insanely DC focused mind to think a statement like this will kill his campaign(I can quote your own statement back at you if you like). Every other campaign pushes out Cloud 9 DC dreams but no idea of how to get them through a legislature other than 'I pray we are fully democratic'. These ideas are pushed nationally and they campaign nationally. They don't campaign for the people and to the people. They spend most of their time trolling the policy. Biden's campaign is is going to the people. And the people right now are giving him their vote. Not Warren. Not Booker. Not Sanders. Not Harris.

This is your problem. You have some fifteen DC based arguments for why these candidates should be elected and five voter for why they should be elected. Biden is the only voter based argument above 5% in the polls. And he's blowing the others out of the water. Do the math. The others need to shift their strategy to shift the vote.

All this bs about you whining about the Republicans in the Senate? Doesn't matter. You know the first thing they have to do to deal with the Senate and the Republicans? Get elected. You know what they have to do to get elected? Get voted for by the people. Because you know what big change they made last year in the primaries? They took a crapton of power away from the Superdelegates. Shift. The. Vote. Biden is doing the best job campaigning to the people. He's getting the best reaction from them.
    Last edited by Gaidin; June 22, 2019 at 11:15 AM.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Ah, the abolish the Senate argument that the left has been moving towards.
    Or, you know, make them proportional to the population, to some extent.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    Or, you know, make them proportional to the population, to some extent.
    Let me see if I can understand this correctly. One massive House?

Kinda wrecks the point of the Upper Congress. Let's go back to the drawing board here with this one.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson