Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: International Criminal Court To Investigate US War Crimes in Afghanistan; US Officials Furious & Panicking

Indefinitely Banned

Default International Criminal Court To Investigate US War Crimes in Afghanistan; US Officials Furious & Panicking

Back in March of this year, the ICC greenlit the motion to indict American soldiers for war crimes in A-stan
    I.C.C. Allows Afghanistan War Crimes Inquiry to Proceed

The decision by the International Criminal Court is the first time the prosecutor has been authorized to investigate U.S. forces.

...The prosecutor has said that the court had enough information to prove that U.S. forces had “committed acts of torture, cruel treatment, outrages upon personal dignity, rape and sexual violence” in Afghanistan in 2003 and 2004, and later in clandestine C.I.A. facilities in Poland, Romania and Lithuania.
    The wide-ranging investigation would also look into allegations against the Afghan government forces, which are accused of torturing prisoners; as well as those against the Taliban and antigovernment forces...

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/05/w...rimes-icc.html
    archive link: http://archive.is/NBYFu

Pompeo has already lashed out,
    US vows to prevent ‘corrupt’ ICC from probing Americans, Israelis for war crimes

Secretary of State Pompeo says there will be ‘series of announcements’ aimed at preventing The Hague from opening investigations in Afghanistan, Palestinian territories
    at least he didn't overtly threaten the children of prosecutors the way John Bolton did.

What Bolton did, and this goes to show just how out of control the american government has become, is threaten to imprison ICC prosecutors the moment they set foot on America soil to access the UN:
    US threatens to arrest ICC judges over war crimes probe

Washington will sanction and prosecute ICC judges who open an investigation into US war crimes in Afghanistan, said a top official. In November, the ICC chief prosecutor requested a probe into criminal action by the US.
    Source: https://www.dw.com/en/us-threatens-t...obe/a-45435900

The ICC wasn't set up just to indict african warlords and milosevic, it was set up precisely to prevent the emergence of another nazi state, much as what we're seeing right now with the excesses of the United States Government.

Personally, i believe the problem is the unlike the Russians who fought and bled in order to defeat nazism, the americans merely did the equivalent of stolen valour and have told everyone that they themselves were instrumental in defeating nazism. This is the reason why the US doesn't shy away from nazi behaviour which of course is now the reason why this ICC probe exists.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Default Re: International Criminal Court To Investigate US War Crimes in Afghanistan; US Officials Furious & Panicking

Personally, i believe the problem is the unlike the Russians who fought and bled in order to defeat nazism, the americans merely did the equivalent of stolen valour and have told everyone that they themselves were instrumental in defeating nazism. This is the reason why the US doesn't shy away from nazi behaviour which of course is now the reason why this ICC probe exists.
    Really quite child like. So there was no western front, no massive diversion of German resources, no LL? Also of course I assume the ICC will be investigating both Russian campaigns in Chechnya where the Russia will be found to a land of saints correct? Hey going to revive that super computing list anytime soon?
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: International Criminal Court To Investigate US War Crimes in Afghanistan; US Officials Furious & Panicking

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Really quite child like. So there was no western front, no massive diversion of German resources, no LL? Also of course I assume the ICC will be investigating both Russian campaigns in Chechnya where the Russia will be found to a land of saints correct? Hey going to revive that super computing list anytime soon?
    Stolen valour is a crime, but what happens when it's on a societal level in the United States?
    The successful 70-year campaign to convince people the USA and not the USSR beat Hitler
    Source: https://www.vox.com/2014/6/16/581427...he-usa-and-not

Regardless, justice is coming for the american war criminals, as american power declines they can no longer protect their criminals from the long arm of the law.

With the decline of american power, protection against their own allies also declines as is shown when justice comes for Israel as well too:

Report: Chief ICC prosecutor clears way for war crimes investigation against Israel

Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda tells Pretrial Chamber that a war crimes inquiry against Israelis can proceed despite previous reservations. Israel has until June 24 to reply to ICC on the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    Not to mention Russia was quite content to butcher the Poles with their Nazi buddies and only turned against them when the Nazis, to the surprise of no one but the Russians, double-crossed them.

Can you imagine if the ICC could bring China to account for it's crimes against humanity? In the persecution of the Tibetans alone there would be enough for decades of cases.

Indefinitely Banned

The Nazi regime is reborn in the form of the anglo white supremacist United States.
    Trump authorizes sanctions over ICC Afghanistan war crimes case

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday issued an executive order authorizing sanctions against individuals involved in an International Criminal Court investigation into whether U.S. forces committed war crimes in Afghanistan.
    Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-w...-idUSKBN23I23A

Really goes to show the sheer barbarity of the modern United States. Rather than working as a pillar of the global order (which it built, mind you), the USG would rather target and threaten UN workers and ICC prosecutors for persecution and possibly assassination.

The ICC is a joke with no jurisdiction over the US. They can enjoy their larp. I wish we'd just defund all these globalist clubs and let them disappear.

"I want to tell you what, from the Russian point of view, the president and the United States have done for victory in this war," Stalin said. "The most important things in this war are the machines.... The United States is a country of machines. Without the machines we received through Lend-Lease, we would have lost the war“
    — Joseph Stalin, during the dinner at the Tehran Conference
    Once again Exarch has no idea what he’s talking about
    Last edited by tgoodenow; June 11, 2020 at 02:46 PM.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    The ICC is a joke with no jurisdiction over the US. They can enjoy their larp. I wish we'd just defund all these globalist clubs and let them disappear.
    Actually it does have jurisdiction over everybody in the UN, and it's high time those ers behind Guantanamo payed the price.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

The US is not a signatory to the Treaty of Rome and unilateral alien judgments, treaties or "agreements" are facially unconstitutional and not recognized.

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Not to mention the fact that this little kangaroo court wouldn't even be in existence if it weren't for the blood shed by US soldiers.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Still riding that WWII horse, huh?
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Still riding that WWII horse, huh?
    Are you diminishing the threat the Nazis posed to the world?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

So when ICC does USA's biding they're good and nice and countries should follow through or get sanctions by USA, but when they dare question the USA hegemony, they're a kangaroo court with no reason to exist? Is that what you guys are saying?

Regardless of what papers the USA have signed over other courts etc. few have the illusion that the ICC can actually drag Bush 2 to trial and imprison him like they did to all the Slavs and Iraqis the USA didn't like.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Well I'm a nationalist so yes, my country comes before some international kangaroo court. I don't want foreigners policing my country, we will hopefully handle our own .

Indefinitely Banned

The same laws that were made to drag Milosevic and xyzzy African warlord to the Hague can also be applied to drag Anglo American war criminals to the Hague, and i believe more than a dozen countries from Iraq to Afghanistan would be more than happy to point the finger at their rapists and murderers.

For instance,
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-...istan/12028448

Indefinitely Banned

It didn't take long for the ICC to respond to threats of violence against its staff:
    ICC condemns Trump administration’s decision to authorize sanctions against court staff
    Source: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/worl...ize-sanctions/

The USG's actions are as dangerous as Nazi Germany in 1939 and the world is waking up and taking notice, there won't be a march into Czechoslovakia this time around.

Trump's attacks on the ICC shows U.S. contempt for international order

Given such, in a world whereby the U.S. is increasingly insecure about its power status and hegemony, it is hardly a surprise that these unilateral tendencies are becoming more and more aggressive from the presidency. This is deeply ironic given that Pompeo can accuse China of "cheating" on commitments despite the long trail of destruction left behind by the Trump White House as it re-engages on one commitment after the other, pushing a foreign policy which is not built on a willingness to collaborate earnestly with other countries but to "America First."
    Source: https://news.cgtn.com/news/2020-06-1...KpO/index.html

The day will not be far off when US senators can be arrested on foreign soil and dragged to the Hague in chains to answer for their crimes.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Following the deletion of several posts, I'd like to remind that this is not about China unless you're able to make a clear relation with the topic of the thread. Stay on topic Gents. Thanks.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; June 14, 2020 at 03:08 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Well I'm a nationalist so yes, my country comes before some international kangaroo court. I don't want foreigners policing my country, we will hopefully handle our own .
    Yes. What would happen if we would let foreigners police my country policing their countries! Also, the lack of accountability in the American police forces is only trumped by the lack of the same in the American slightly better armed forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

Are you diminishing the threat the Nazis posed to the world?
    Only the American involvement in defeating it

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

Indefinitely Banned

The reason the USG is fighting tooth and nail against the ICC is because it knows that during the 19 years it occupied A-stan, its storm troopers and CIA torturers were going gang busters on the Afghan people and given that UK and European support of the ICC, we can expect many witnesses coming forth from the ISDAF forces who were ordered to support US forces in A-stan.

All i can say is that if the Abu Ghraib prison scandal is any indication of how the US military conducts its ops overseas, we can expect more than a few heads to roll before this all ends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast