View Poll Results: Who's your favourite candidate for the 2020 Democratic Primaries?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bernie Sanders.

19 48.72%
  • Joe Biden.

5 12.82%
  • Neither.

15 38.46%
Page 55 of 116 FirstFirst ... 53045464748495051525354555657585960616263646580105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2310

Thread: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Default Re: USA Democratic party 2020 candidates and primaries thread

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Liberals: "We will give your money to foreigners to settle them in your country at your own expense".
    I'm sure that if government decided to settle random people in your house at your own expense, your eye would start twitching too.
    The government doesn't force people to house foreigners. A majority of Americans anyway support allowing refugees into the US and finding a path for citizenship for the illegal immigrants already here. Its really a minority opposed to immigration in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    The government doesn't force people to house foreigners. A majority of Americans anyway support allowing refugees into the US and finding a path for citizenship for the illegal immigrants already here. Its really a minority opposed to immigration in general.
    Government forces people to give up part of their income via act of state-sponsored theft - taxation.
    So technically yes, it forces American people to house foreigners, since the money used to bring them in and taking care of them aren't growing from the trees.
    Also allowing refugees under various circumstances and support for current Democratic platform of pardoning illegal aliens and giving them tax-funded healthcare are very different things.

Civitate

Government forces people to give up part of their income via act of state-sponsored theft - taxation.
    Taxation isn't theft.

So technically yes, it forces American people to house foreigners, since the money used to bring them in and taking care of them aren't growing from the trees.
    Also allowing refugees under various circumstances and support for current Democratic platform of pardoning illegal aliens and giving them tax-funded healthcare are very different things.
    No its not the government forcing people to house foreigners in your own home as you claimed.

The Democratic platform is irrelevant. Its not changing at all a majority of Americans are willing to accept refugees into the US and finding a path for citizenship for illegal immigrants. Granting a path for illegal immigrants to citizenship would also allow them to receive healthcare like other Americans have access to.

Kamala is out. I wonder which candidate will get her 3 supporters.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Taxation isn't theft.
    For all intents and purposes taxation is theft.
    No its not the government forcing people to house foreigners in your own home as you claimed.
    That's not what I claimed. Re-read the post you replied to.
    The Democratic platform is irrelevant. Its not changing at all a majority of Americans are willing to accept refugees into the US and finding a path for citizenship for illegal immigrants. Granting a path for illegal immigrants to citizenship would also allow them to receive healthcare like other Americans have access to.
    It is relevant, since it not what you described. Good luck proving that majority of Americans want to pardon all illegal aliens and provide them healthcare out of their own pockets.

Civitate

For all intents and purposes taxation is theft.
    However its not theft if they're is consent. The representatives the people elect from the federal level to the local level choose to enact taxes. Thats their job in representing the people. Thus its not theft.

That's not what I claimed. Re-read the post you replied to.
    Except it technically was but its moot now anyways.

It is relevant, since it not what you described. Good luck proving that majority of Americans want to pardon all illegal aliens and provide them healthcare out of their own pockets.
    Didn't make that claim only that the majority of Americans support a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...e-two-parties/

Even Republicans by a majority support a pathway for illegal immigrants to become citizens.

However its not theft if they're is consent. The representatives the people elect from the federal level to the local level choose to enact taxes. Thats their job in representing the people. Thus its not theft.
    That's why representative democracy is inherently flawed and inferior to direct democracy, since in former elected officials are no longer accountable to their promises once they are in the office. I'm okay with idea with hosting referendums on enacting taxes or pretty much any legislature that establishes drastic changes.
    Except it technically was but its moot now anyways.
    Now, I made a point and analogy to illustrate it, you omitted the point and presented analogy as my point. Hence why you clearly didn't read the post you replied to.
    Didn't make that claim only that the majority of Americans support a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...e-two-parties/

Even Republicans by a majority support a pathway for illegal immigrants to become citizens.
    And? That has nothing to do with Democrat's idiotic idea to pardon illegal aliens and give them free healthcare.

Senator

That's why representative democracy is inherently flawed and inferior to direct democracy, since in former elected officials are no longer accountable to their promises once they are in the office. I'm okay with idea with hosting referendums on enacting taxes or pretty much any legislature that establishes drastic changes.
    I would really like to see, how this works out.... just for the lulz of course.

Taxation is theft? Then I`m really pleased to call myself a Thief, but Robber baron is also okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post

Taxation is theft? Then I`m really pleased to call myself a Thief, but Robber baron is also okay.
    Remember, HH also hates Reagan so go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post

You don't know how direct democracy works? Referendums and such. Definitely prevents elected officials from going rogue and abandoning their electorate once they are in the office.
    Also taxation IS, in fact, theft, whether you like it or not.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    If Bernie can diffuse power away from these types of snide, paternalistic plutocrats who funnel foreign money into our elections and buy our politicians, I may consider the further risks to foreign policy and stability worth the gamble come time to vote in the primary.
    Don't worry, we should always stand for what we think is right
    The struggle for health, a fundamental human right. A viral video of Brits gasping at US healthcare.Realize how normal is the concept of free healthcare in the UK ( and Europe) AOC and Sanders tout NHS after video of Brits gasping at US

Watch the video, British people guess how much US healthcare costs.

-------
    You don't know how direct democracy works? Referendums and such. Also taxation IS, in fact, theft, whether you like it or not.
    "yes" or "no" is one of the most complicated forms of voting, and confusion can hijack referendums. (eg Brexit). The legislature lies at the heart of any democratic system.Why a rhetoric of 'parliament versus people' is both dishonest
    -
    Also taxation IS, in fact, theft, whether you like it or not.
    Go live in the jungle, HH...or ask your government to print the money it needs to spend. Problem solved. Do you know what the happiest countries in the world have in common? They are all highly taxed.
    1. Finland
    2. Denmark
    3. Norway
    4. Iceland
    5. Netherlands6. Switzerland
    7. Sweden
    8. New Zealand
    9. Canada
    10. Australia
    Last edited by Ludicus; December 04, 2019 at 06:08 PM.
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    "yes" or "no" is one of the most complicated forms of voting, and confusion can hijack referendums. (eg Brexit). The legislature lies at the heart of any democratic system.Why a rhetoric of 'parliament versus people' is both dishonest
    So giving rogue elected officials freedom to ditch their promises for that sweet lobby cash is honest, but allowing public to actually determine key policy issues is not? Thats a pretty hot take.
    Go live in the jungle, HH...or ask your government to print the money it needs to spend.
    Would you like to move to China then? Seems like a perfect state with Big Brother determining every aspect of your life.
    Problem solved. Do you know what the happiest countries in the world have in common? They are all highly taxed.
    1. Finland
    2. Denmark
    3. Norway
    4. Iceland
    5. Netherlands6. Switzerland
    7. Sweden
    8. New Zealand
    9. Canada
    10. Australia
    And by happiest, you mean... what? We really hate our tax/spend-heavy government up here in Canada (which stayed in power thanks to gerrymandering, first-past-the-post and foreign cash), and we have half the country openly thinking of secession. I would say this is the opposite of happiness. Its almost like illusion of "happiness" is created by legacy media, which is funded from same elites that benefit from state-sponsored theft. Not to mention that heavy taxation puts the economy into full nelson, as biggest private spenders can't put money into economy or hire more people, driving average Joe's purchasing power to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    Don't worry, we should always stand for what we think is right

The struggle for health, a fundamental human right. A viral video of Brits gasping at US healthcare.Realize how normal is the concept of free healthcare in the UK ( and Europe) AOC and Sanders tout NHS after video of Brits gasping at US

Watch the video, British people guess how much US healthcare costs.
    I could conceivably come around the Sanders’ domestic agenda, if only because I’m a single issue voter in some respects - foreign policy. The problem is that the few specifics he has offered on foreign policy are horrifying. Vague allusions to internationalist movements and global wealth redistribution. Ending the Monroe Doctrine that has been fundamental to US security for two centuries. Shifting away from using strength and deterrence as a foreign policy tool toward leaning on the UN as some kind of diplomatic forum. Whether ideological or simply naive, the only person I trust less than Sanders to safeguard American interests abroad is Trump. And it’s close, which, given what we know about Trump using US foreign policy as a personal extortion tool, is saying something.

Warren laid out a much more coherent vision of leftist, labor focused foreign policy in her piece published in Foreign Affairs a while back. America will not likely ever have another Lincoln or FDR, but we can and should do better than Sanders or Trump. At a time when the US is under attack from rising mid tier powers waiting for her to weaken and falter, we need vigilance and strength, not deference and moralistic self immolation.
    Last edited by Lord Thesaurian; December 04, 2019 at 08:01 PM.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

At a time when the US is under attack from rising mid tier powers waiting for her to weaken and falter, we need vigilance and strength, not deference and moralistic self immolation.
    LMAO US is not under attack from anyone. I mean US is disliked by most of the world, but deservedly so, especially after the last two less competent administrations before Trump's. It would make sense to end US military presence anywhere outside the territory of US, and cut military in size to bare minimum necessary to ensure border security. Thus saving taxpayer funds fro something more important then current LARPing as "world policeman", like infrastructure, healthcare or scientific research.

LMAO US is not under attack from anyone.
    That is a demonstrably false statement.

China and Russia pose the biggest risks to the United States, and are more aligned than they have been in decades as they target the 2020 presidential election and American institutions to expand their global reach, U.S. intelligence officials told senators on Tuesday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1PN1U3

Squiggle's Avatar Primicerius

Bloomberg running is great. First, it obviously highlights the american oligarchy is scared that Biden cant hold down populism, and that Bernie or Warren might win. Second, its moronic because not only does it have no chance in and of itself [im a billionaire vote for me!] its counter productive. He steals votes from Biden and thats it. With the affluent liberal class split between a failing warren, and a mediocre and obviously doomed Buttieg, it leaves only an inept unpopular biden up against Bernie. For the first time in my life America has a shot at being run for the people and not for the benefit of rich plutocrats and the war industry the world over. Nuts.

Ofc Americans are more or less third world savages so I do not bet on this going well for Bernie or the world.
    Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
    ― Denis Diderot
    ~
    As for politics, I'm an Anarchist. I hate governments and rules and fetters. Can't stand caged animals. People must be free.
    ― Charlie Chaplin

'You're a damn liar, man!' – Joe Biden blasts Iowa voter, calls him 'fat' after man repeats Ukraine smear
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/05/bide...ccusation.html
    Biden is on the way to a nursing home at this point but angry old man Biden is officially my favorite candidate.

That is a demonstrably false statement.
    U.S. intelligence officials told senators on Tuesday.
    Makes sense, that parasites would tell the host that host needs them due to a foreign boogeyman. Oldest trick in the book.

Makes sense, that parasites would tell the host that host needs them due to a foreign boogeyman. Oldest trick in the book.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Anti-globalist crusader and his war beast, circa 2019, colorized

Yeah, and a clandestine leftist cabal of kiddie fiddlers is running the world, taxation is theft, and Trump is the solution. Or so you’ve insisted about 21,917 times. The parasites got me. It’s too late for me, but keep fighting the good fight, soldier.

le funny tinfoil memey
    *Yawns*
    You cited government officials that directly benefit from public believing in what they said and, as usual, with 0 hard evidence for their claims. Its like saying that tobacco is good for you, because tobacco company PR team said so.