Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5.1.5 Test Update

Default Re: 5.1.5 Test Update

I done movie format tweak but it did not loaded, simply i went to db.pack/unit land stat table/filter them in pack file you can do it on single row or column, i pick only to show me 4 man units, 8 tanks and bunker appear, i only changed man from 4 to 8, artillery pices should be 4, save it. It may show you the wrong number in custom battle layout, on medium unit size it say 4 man 4 guns but in battle are 2 tanks with 4 man, on ultra shown the right numbers. I can upload db.pack if you want no other changes been done just tanks.

But i not try battle in campaign yet.
    Last edited by adrians38; May 07, 2019 at 04:13 AM.

- I managed to change the data after all. The problem was I didn't disable the "read-only" stance of the file so I couldn't change it. So thanks for your support.
    - I read about a somewhat recommendation about the mod is that you should play on Ultra unit size only, in which your ingame stats are match with the DB data. I think you should try to increase even more than what you need.
    - Also there is this article "http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?336061-Changing-unit-sizes-MID-CAMPAIGN" about changing the unit size mid-game, you may want to look at it but as far as i know, that method also affect the "naval unit size" as a drawback . Eg: Vanilla 1 ship/unit -> will change to 2 ship/unit

Yes that’s true should be ultra but its too late for me i will finish this campaign, I also check in real live WWI tanks have about 8 crew members

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Ive also noticed those issues with unit size when changing the unit size options. I actually recommend that you use mobile warfare unit sizes ( i think thats what its called), the one just before ultra unit size. This seems to work best and the unit sizes have been changed to best fit this option.

Quote Originally Posted by B-DizL View Post
    Ive also noticed those issues with unit size when changing the unit size options. I actually recommend that you use mobile warfare unit sizes ( i think thats what its called), the one just before ultra unit size. This seems to work best and the unit sizes have been changed to best fit this option.
    -Does the unit size in the mod correspond to the vanilla unit size? I'm using Ultra and I am happy with it.
    -And I noticed that if men/unit drop to 4 or below it will be auto disbanded. No matter the unit starts with 4 men and below or end up with the same number they will have the same horrible fate.
    - Plus I love to play with small unit size ( Ultra size + Tactical scale give me about 8~40 men/unit ). The intense it brings along while trying to maintain both firepower and men/unit to be higher than 4 is very temping.
    Great work with little bug (most of known bug are being fix/fixed/having the possible solution) so far.

-The thing is I have been encountered a "bug" lately?
    -After messing around with the data ( mostly Tank/other low-number-unit adjusted to the state that they will be stay in battle longer and also survive the "after battle auto-disband" - from 4 or 6 men/unit to 8,9 or 10 men/unit), Ultra unit size (ingame) and Tactical unit scale (launcher), start a new campaign, cheat-engined to accelerate the game to the point that i can easily test it, then this thing happened:
    -- Prussia , almost fully researched ( civil and industry lines are done, military up to before unlocking the last Doctrine), no tanks, only General, infantry troops, snipers, Rifle Cavalry, 1 Arty.
    -- Belgium 4 times sent army to conquer Cleves-Mark region. 3 times I blocked them on their move and entered the battle but the battles were auto win to me with no casualties for both side and their army retreated on the campaign map as default. 1 time they siege the city , I entered the battle and the same thing happened, they just "lost" and went home.
    -- So far the bug has only appeared at that location ( Cleves-Mark and abit of its surrounding-West side - as showed in the picture).

I have a problem where my game would randomly crash towards the end of a battle at a certain time, but if I retry the battle and attack the same enemy army with another one of my armies or even using the same army but attacking them from a different angle, my game is fine. Also, artillery and and tanks get stuck outside of the battlefield when they are coming as reinforcements and it is impossible to attack them. Another thing that may only be on my end (but I am not sure) is that whenever I start the game I hear background buzzing/static noise that is quite annoying. Otherwise this mod is pretty good and I don't see any other significant problems.

P.S. - Are you guys still working on the launcher or is it abandoned? If you guys did abandon it, will you ever go back to it or make another launcher? Thanks!

Patrician

Did the battle have a reinforcing army? I think there might be an issue with the deployment zones reinforcement areas so if you did it from a different angle it would have used a different deployment zone scheme.

The issue with units coming onto the battlefield might be a problem with the spacing of the units which we have adjusted in the new update.

Never heard of that audio issue though, thats a weird one.

Mitch was the one who coded the launcher and we are still using it but it needs to be updated with the new version name (TGW6 instead of 5.2) but he has ascended to CA so he doesnt work on the mod anymore.

I believe the issue may be the reinforcing armies deployment zones too, but I think it may have happend without reinforcing armies before and may have to do with the map itself or the units involved in the battle. Will the deployment zones be fixed in the next update?

had crash on reinforcing too few times, how's play testing progress ?? There are or will be any chances to get testing versions or just wait till full release ??

Quote Originally Posted by TheBryMan View Post
    I have a problem where my game would randomly crash towards the end of a battle at a certain time, but if I retry the battle and attack the same enemy army with another one of my armies or even using the same army but attacking them from a different angle, my game is fine. Also, artillery and and tanks get stuck outside of the battlefield when they are coming as reinforcements and it is impossible to attack them. Another thing that may only be on my end (but I am not sure) is that whenever I start the game I hear background buzzing/static noise that is quite annoying. Otherwise this mod is pretty good and I don't see any other significant problems.

P.S. - Are you guys still working on the launcher or is it abandoned? If you guys did abandon it, will you ever go back to it or make another launcher? Thanks!

I had problem with this weird noise long time ago with older versions i used also zeras submod, now with newest update i am not using any submods and is all fine, may be reinstalling game and mod will help also remember to delete whole folder with scripts and save games and other saved stuff, many time sounds problems happens when files are getting corrupted not idea why but i saw a lot forums about sound problems usually reinstalling game helps.

Is there any chance of this patch being re-uploaded before the next update of TGW? I'm loving the mod but the bunkers are breaking it for me and i'd love to play more but seeing bunkers in an enemy army means I can't fight a battle without a crash, it's disheartening.

If not could you possibly send me the bit that edits out of the bunkers? I'd be very grateful

Patrician

They can pretty easily be removed by editing the units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions_tables in the main db file. Just delete all entires for the bunker and no one will be able to build them.

Quote Originally Posted by B-DizL View Post
    They can pretty easily be removed by editing the units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions_tables in the main db file. Just delete all entires for the bunker and no one will be able to build them.
    Gonna try that. What lines should I be looking for? I don't do this very often

Also i'm doing it in notepad which seems a bit clunky, is there a better tool for editing these files? Again i'm totally new to this

(not to clog the thread I don't have enough posts on here to edit my own posts despite being here for over 10 years, weird)
    Editing it seems to be breaking something so I think i'm editing the DB file wrong somehow

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by tangy View Post
    (not to clog the thread I don't have enough posts on here to edit my own posts despite being here for over 10 years, weird)
    That's not weird, because you need at least 25 posts before you can edit your post.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by tangy View Post
    Gonna try that. What lines should I be looking for? I don't do this very often

Also i'm doing it in notepad which seems a bit clunky, is there a better tool for editing these files? Again i'm totally new to this
    Try exporting the tables as tsv file then upload it to google sheets and edit it there. Thats how I do it and it works really well.

Just look for any entry that mentions the bunker and delete the whole row.

How progress guys ?? Any newer testing version will be available soon ?? If you need any testers I would do it
    Last edited by adrians38; December 04, 2019 at 06:52 AM.

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

Last edited by Marku; January 04, 2020 at 05:04 PM.

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123