Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 5.1.5 Test Update

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: 5.1.5 Test Update

The settings I made were do to hundreds of hours of testing different parameters to get the ai to form coherent lines while advancing. The problem is the hard coded path finding in the game that cannot be modded and the hard coded unit detection- ai is too slow to react to nearby enemy units-a major flaw by the programers of this Napoleon game. Remeber the main BAI programmer raged quit when Sega demanded that the game be released before they could fine tune the BAI. CA never finished it and that is what we have. If you can get better behavior with new formation go for it. As it stands now I would not waste your time trying to fix something that was never completed by the original programers-you cannot-you have no access to the source code to change it. All we can do it put band aids on it. I got it so the ai armies at lease put up some type of fight for the player. Now campaign battle play out diffrent from custom battles-I would test with campaign only battles. Take into account of the campaign difficulty setting file ect.-gives the ai some sort of fighting canage against the human player.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

tommytoxen actually isnt using your BAI, i didnt add it to the files I posted in the OP so the issues he is having are related to the old BAI from 5.1.4. I just wanted to see if switching back to vanilla formations alone would also make a huge improvement to 5.1.4 which it kind of did.

Your BAI files have made an incredible difference when combined with vanilla formations, the only issue now is how the units turn to the side randomly which i was hoping i could fix by changing the firing arcs from 360 to 180 front and back. The flank, front and rear attack values are very confusing to me which is why i was talking about those but again your BAI doesnt have an issue with that like 5.1.4 still does so i probably wont bother messing with those in the end.

Id like to play with the formations a bit just to see if i can get the AI to place the arty behind their line and i found a vanilla formation that is basically perfect except for some small tweaks that are needed.

So once i get the formations tweaked im going to send tommytoxen your BAI and the new formations to test everything together on the campaign. ive also realized i need to tweak my new deployment zones to give the AI even more room now that wider formations seem like the only option.

Honestly we could release it today with your BAI and it would be awesome.

This includes zeras sound mod ?? Or is compatible with ? I spot that many sub mods witch have db.pack are disabling some sound, I believe if i will overwrite db.pack by Zeras thats will remove many new things from up date ?? Thanks

Patrician

No its not compatible. Replacing the db.pack would break the update.

Hello B-Dizl:
    Mistakes that appear:
    1:Almost all revolution happened.
    2:The flags on the map of the Britain Republic do not appear.
    3:Serbia has declared independence in the city of torino.
    Last edited by Kingartist21; May 02, 2019 at 01:39 PM.

Patrician

When did the revolutions happen?

[QUOTE = B-DizL; 15780918] When did the revolutions happen? [/ QUOTE]

First in Britain Repuplic 1916,
    Russia, Austria and Germany in order 1917

Patrician

Wow, that shouldnt happen. It might be due to industrialization or war weariness possibly. We are looking at lowering that in the update.

Quote Originally Posted by B-DizL View Post
    Wow, that shouldnt happen. It might be due to industrialization or war weariness possibly. We are looking at lowering that in the update.
    Thank you.

In the meantime I play with ottoman. By 1918, there was only one scientist. But the aircraft agents are 17. The agent still continues to come out ...

Thank for quick replies, I imported only few sound from zera’s few rifles and cannon sound I renamed them to mach names in vanilla tgw sound.pack and overwrite them it sounds good and I believe thats not break the update no changes been done in other packs.

i got now question about difficult i should play and battle time, I played few quick battles on normal with 20 min time limit just to check if the sound changes are fine i spot that AI troops been on fire by my troops and AI looks like i dont care troops just been marching forward under fire, I also try battle on hard with out battle limit i the problem is not happening but i never finish battle no time, i am planning start campaign I understand that battle time should be off and difficult on hard or very hard for both campaign and battle ??

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Kingartist21 View Post
    Thank you.

In the meantime I play with ottoman. By 1918, there was only one scientist. But the aircraft agents are 17. The agent still continues to come out ...
    Yikes, thats definitely too many aircraft. We'll look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by adrians38 View Post
    Thank for quick replies, I imported only few sound from zera’s few rifles and cannon sound I renamed them to mach names in vanilla tgw sound.pack and overwrite them it sounds good and I believe thats not break the update no changes been done in other packs.
    Ok cool, nice work.

i got now question about difficult i should play and battle time, I played few quick battles on normal with 20 min time limit just to check if the sound changes are fine i spot that AI troops been on fire by my troops and AI looks like i dont care troops just been marching forward under fire, I also try battle on hard with out battle limit i the problem is not happening but i never finish battle no time, i am planning start campaign I understand that battle time should be off and difficult on hard or very hard for both campaign and battle ??
    We recommend VH/VH difficulty setting. Ive never heard of battle time affecting the AI but its definitely possible, Ill have to give it a try. Generally its best to have a time limit just incase something goes wrong so you dont have to quit the battle and take a loss.

Thank you BDizl. In italy the riots carry the serbia flag. if they succeed, serbia is established.

Hi i done about 30 turns one crash on ambush battle try 3 times and have to auto resolve otherwise no crashes, AI looks really good, apart cavalry AI don’t use them well, I suggest if possible reduce recruiting cavalry units, also tanks are very cheap, and some missing text in some units and technology but you probably working on this with next update, Germany and Austria are very powerful are u planning do some bigger starting armies for UK and France ??

Great job any way i cant wait till full update.
    Last edited by adrians38; May 05, 2019 at 02:32 PM.

-Hi, great mod so far, I know it's very hard to pull off such a challenging task of turning the game into WW1 era. Again you and your team did a very good job, thank you.
    -I currently have updated to 5.1.5 with the updated "Increased tank unit numbers to prevent them from disappearing after a battle" but when i play with Ultra unit size (as recommended) and "Tatical Unit Scale" this happens : General staff and Artillery has 8 men/unit, tank has 4 men/unit so tank still disapears after the battle. And yes I known the mechanic that if the men/unit is so low the game would just disband them. I just want to inform to you about the case because i dont know if it's only me or it's a general case.
    -I'm happy to play with small size army becasue it's more compact and makes the game challenging (needs more micro-command) so can you increase tank to 8 men/unit ( same as arty and genral staff) ?
    - Thank you in advanced.

Hi i Also have problem with tanks, launcher is set for normal units and medium units size in game, there is only 2/3 men per tank i manage recruits 7 tanks and i cant more ones they’re ready they disappear, others 7 tanks i manage recruit not been use in a battle yet i cant tell if they disappear after battle, another thing is i build a second college and i cant research technology in second college, is simply not appearing in technology page.
    Last edited by adrians38; May 06, 2019 at 01:32 AM.

Hi i Also have problem with tanks, launcher is set for normal units and medium units size in game, there is only 2/3 men per tank i manage recruits 7 tanks and i cant more ones they’re ready they disappear, others 7 tanks i manage recruit not been use in a battle yet i cant tell if they disappear after battle
    I think you should try Ultra unit size (ingame) and Normal unit scale (launcher), for me it was normal back then until i choose Ultra size and Tatical scale.
    another thing is i build a second college and i cant research technology in second college, is simply not appearing in technology page.
    As far as I'm concerned, there are two types of college, one is belong to somewhat "Commercial building" where you can also build Towns, Supply House,... , and the other is the original "University building". The later on is available for researching stuff but the first one however can't do the same thing. A bit tricky but i love how we need to consider much more in building specific thing rather than the classic building system.

Ok thanks, i need ask u for advice, change unit setting will affect only new units and old stays same it will make campaign bit weird, I don’t really wanna start new one i done so far 60 turns, i was thinking about go to db.pack and adjust only tanks crew size if this will stop tanks from disappear also do you know how many tanks is in the mod ?? just to be sure i will do all of them.
    Last edited by adrians38; May 06, 2019 at 06:36 AM.

Ok thanks, i need ask u for advice, change unit setting will affect only new units and old stays same it will make campaign bit weird, I don’t really wanna start new one i done so far 60 turns, i was thinking about go to db.pack and adjust only tanks crew size if this will stop tanks from disappear also do you know how many tanks is in the mod ?? just to be sure i will do all of them.
    - Yes I agree, it's anoyed when all the unit size get messed up, although you can use Cheat Engine to rebuild your whole army in about 2~3 turns but the others just stay being weird.
    - I tried Pack File Manager and managed to get the data, change the value of "men" but something strange happened: Before I change the data, General and Arty had 8 men/unit which is fine and Tanks had 4 men/unit as default. After the change takes place, Gerneral, Arty and Tanks are now have only 4 men/unit which cause auto disband after battle. So if you are trying Pack File Manager, what else do I need to do beside change the unit size in the db.pack? Any extract, duplicate, make new table or any furhter modification needed?
    - Also they have roughly 8 tanks profile.

This is weird in db is 4 man and 4 artillery but on ultra units in game there’s 4 man and 2 tanks, 2 artillery(tanks) are missing, on medium units on army layout in customs battle says 2 man 2 tanks but in the battle is one tank two man, I think there have to be 2 mans to run one tank and at least 4 man and 2 tanks to stop them from disappear like is on ultra units, I changed db to 8 man 4 artillery and seem to be right on ultra is 4 tanks 8 man, on large are 3 tanks 6 man and on medium are 4 man and 2 tanks, i will give a try on medium because i already have started camping and tanks available to recruit i will recruit few new tanks and send them on battle to see if they’re disappear.

Can you show me the step of modify the number? I tried change the file itself, create on more mod.pack file with the change and install but neither work, in some occasions it even make the game CTD from the begining. Apparently I did sth wrong/didn't do the thing needed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast