Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wind In Total War Land Battles

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Wind In Total War Land Battles

@Anthonius
    But I agree with both of you guys. For example Warhammer has no weather at all and while I would like the newer games to match at least M2TW, I would prefer adding even more. For example the fire, fire which is being extinquish by heavy rain, fire that is spreading according to wind direction and intensity and fire that could be useful in battle...setting enemy city on fire, forest bushes.... River having ice over, that is targetable and destroyable as walls are to kill crossing units and so. Basically what I want is bigger interactivity with terrain and weather. M2TW depiction and others are fine and good approximation and translation into game but I would like to have more.... like your sappers for walls. I donīt need the active unit digging tunnel in real time on battle siege map but having button to activate them would be great. Collapsing wall at right moment. Same with deployables. Ok, that is running wildly from weather, wind but Iīm trying just to ilustrate what i would like to see. I want system where i can influence enviroment and enviroment can as well influence me and my plans, dynamically if possible. :-)
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    You're right that feature never appeared, but when using mods then it appreared.

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...on-II-Released

Ransom also exist M2TW, if I am not mistaken.
    Yes many mods digged deep enough to make titles (mostly city or castle rulers) re-apear thanks to forgoten code that was left in the game. But you can not simply take a King as hostage and ask ransom for him like in MTW1.

Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    @Anthonius
    But I agree with both of you guys. For example Warhammer has no weather at all and while I would like the newer games to match at least M2TW, I would prefer adding even more. For example the fire, fire which is being extinquish by heavy rain, fire that is spreading according to wind direction and intensity and fire that could be useful in battle...setting enemy city on fire, forest bushes.... River having ice over, that is targetable and destroyable as walls are to kill crossing units and so. Basically what I want is bigger interactivity with terrain and weather. M2TW depiction and others are fine and good approximation and translation into game but I would like to have more.... like your sappers for walls. I donīt need the active unit digging tunnel in real time on battle siege map but having button to activate them would be great. Collapsing wall at right moment. Same with deployables. Ok, that is running wildly from weather, wind but Iīm trying just to ilustrate what i would like to see. I want system where i can influence enviroment and enviroment can as well influence me and my plans, dynamically if possible. :-)
    True...Tunnels were a feature that no matter its code is in M2TW codes can not be activated. Also the swimming of light units that exist in RTW is still deep in M2TW code but can not activated.
    I also agree that battlemap -with its unique enviroment- and weather some day must have affect to units performance. After all TW games strong points was their real time battle watching hundreds or thousands of humans and beasts (horses, ellefants , camels etc) trying to saty alive and win. M2TW as game is a bit more flexible in changing codes the way it should be. For example armies can move smaller distances durring winter, you can add attrition or replenishment of units etc.
    I wish the next TW historical game will be a fusion of all past good TW games features and add some new ones. I hope.
    I also hope you will finish the extra building slots for Rome II settlemnts mod , its something CA/SEGA should do years ago...I will wait your progress on it and hope to see it in Attila as well.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Yes many mods digged deep enough to make titles (mostly city or castle rulers) re-apear thanks to forgoten code that was left in the game. But you can not simply take a King as hostage and ask ransom for him like in MTW1.
    Oh, I didn't know that about forgotten code left in the game.

I haven't captured a king in M2TW, because I couldn't play the game due to a messed up game tim in-game (one season=2 years when it should be 2 seasons=1 year and the same thing happen in R2TW too e.g 1 season=1 year).

But that belongs to a different thread, so let us be on topic guys.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12