Thread: All saved games now crash on load

Icon5 All saved games now crash on load

I've been playing Rise of the Republic Rome 2 with only DeI mod installed (manual mod install). The game and mod have been running great with no issues up until recently. I'm on turn 289. Within the last few turns, I would get crashes whenever clicking Start Battle. Sometimes I would just reload the game and the problem was gone and I could continue. A few other times I had to reboot my PC before I could play a battle and continue.

But now, I can no longer load saved games. Every time I tried to load, the load bar gets to about 10% and then crashes to desktop. I've got saves going back to turn 273 and now none of them will load either. I can restart any campaign from the beginning just fine. I can even save those campaigns and load those saves fine as well.

I've looked all over the web for a solution and can't find one. I've tried the usual; verify file integrity, reinstall, delete files in my \appdata\roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2 directory. Nothing has worked. Does anyone have an actual fix that they know works for this issue?

Also, I'm curious if anyone has noticed this in other Total War games too. I've had the same thing happen with Medieval 2 and a mod with no fix for that game either. It seems like when you get into high turn numbers (240+), in TW games using mods, somehow it just starts corrupting save files.

Default Re: All saved games now crash on load

I have never heard of this before. Usually not being able to load a save comes from having a mod active that you have deactivated at some point.

If you have had it in other games, I wonder if its a problem somewhere in your setup.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

If you do a quick Google search, you will see that it is quite common, actually. Even with Warhammer II. Different causes probably, but still common.

Yeah, I've never used any other mods other than DeI. In fact, I didn't even get Rome 2 until I was sure all the DLC was out for it and patching was completed (and the price came down). Just wish these games had error logs!

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaWulf View Post
    I've been playing Rise of the Republic Rome 2 with only DeI mod installed (manual mod install). The game and mod have been running great with no issues up until recently. I'm on turn 289. Within the last few turns, I would get crashes whenever clicking Start Battle. Sometimes I would just reload the game and the problem was gone and I could continue. A few other times I had to reboot my PC before I could play a battle and continue.

But now, I can no longer load saved games. Every time I tried to load, the load bar gets to about 10% and then crashes to desktop. I've got saves going back to turn 273 and now none of them will load either. I can restart any campaign from the beginning just fine. I can even save those campaigns and load those saves fine as well.

I've looked all over the web for a solution and can't find one. I've tried the usual; verify file integrity, reinstall, delete files in my \appdata\roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2 directory. Nothing has worked. Does anyone have an actual fix that they know works for this issue?

Also, I'm curious if anyone has noticed this in other Total War games too. I've had the same thing happen with Medieval 2 and a mod with no fix for that game either. It seems like when you get into high turn numbers (240+), in TW games using mods, somehow it just starts corrupting save files.
    Welcome to the Forums,

I never had similar issues or getting any DEI related reports about it. I'll check on other Tech Forums later today and you could also give me a detailed report (hardware, game version, related STEAM issues) on our Tech Thread which you can find by clicking on my Signature.

Cheers.

i've got the same issue for Empire total war using Darth Mod at one certain turn after 200s turn and have found no way to get through. Very frustrating indeed.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal61095 View Post
    i've got the same issue for Empire total war using Darth Mod at one certain turn after 200s turn and have found no way to get through. Very frustrating indeed.
    That's because Empire has savegame files limitations. Your folder just got cluttered after a number of saves. If you keep only a few saves, you'll be probably fine.