Thread: New Launcher And Mod Manager.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default New Launcher And Mod Manager.

Well, since the new beta launcher has issues for many users and I'm getting messages about it, here's a temporary solution: Go to Rome 2 on STEAM/Right click/Properties/Betas/Select the beta you would like to use/launcher_release_canditate.
    and you'll have the older and more stable launcher back

Default Re: New Launcher And Mod Manager.

meh.... old mod launcher has been a laggy glitchy pile of for too many years, i can never go back to it, lol.... just can't wait for the new launcher to get out of Beta, its LONG overdue

caratacus's Avatar Primicerius

Sorry mate, I never had any issues with the previous launcher, this one stinks!

I hadn't played RTW2 for a while until yesterday. When I launched this new launcher, I found it had unselected all the mods for the last campaign and I can't get the save game to load. I tried many times loading different mods to see which ones were selected when I left my campaign last, but none work. Would it have been difficult to design it to retain the previous selected mods?

The mod pictures are too small displayed as thumbnails, and when greyed out in de-selection mode, you can hardly see them to recognise the mod.

However my biggest gripe is that it doesn't work very well. After you slide the select button, many times the mods don't enter onto the loading list and sometimes the whole thing turns into a grey box, you have to close using Task Manager. Occasionally a message box pops up saying that my mods files have been corrupted and you have to shut it down and relaunch. It has become so frustrating I've decided to do something else, less taxing.

As I said, I didn't have any trouble with the previous launcher why change it into something less user friendly, or is it just me?

Caratacus The new launcher is still in beta so it has quite a few issues, including messing up the mod order not keeping it after being set, and some other ones like for example it got really laggy unresponsive so I have to manually delete the Launcher folder in my AppData Username Windows directory, etc.....

But you can clearly tell the UI and approach with it is very modern and up to date as opposed to the old launcher which was just bare bones.

Right now the new launcher has more bugs than the old one, but once they get ironed out, nobody will want to go back to the laggy old, glitchy old one.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

We're talking about CA though, so don't excpect miracles or a more stable update anytime soon. The damn thing is so buggy that subscribed me on a mod I was using and deleted 4 yrs ago

I hope that the Regions trade feature from Three Kingdoms will be added in Rome 2 and Attila!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

you should be able to script trading regions with rome2, problem would be to link it to a yes/no decision, I fear this may be not possible
    https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mod-up...-the-republic/