Thread: This mod takes more out than it adds in!

Icon13 This mod takes more out than it adds in!

• There's no formation progression, no light infantry behaviour, no canister shot etc;
    • Earthworks, gambionades, stakes etc. were taken out also.
    • Some factions has less units than Vanilla. I was playing as Portugal, there's only two types of units (militia and line infantry) with slightly different stats, but everything is essentially the same, the only change is the color of uniforms.
    • No trade ships;
    • No fatigue;
    • Every unit has the same campaign movement range (vanilla featured different ranges for cavalry);
    • The tech tree was made useless - +1% of army campaign range, really?
    • The AI behaviour is outmatched when compared to other mods, the AI will camp even when you're defending.
    • For some reason, someone thought it was a good idea to add only 3-6 shots per unit. That means in full musket Era a battalion will have the same amount of ammunition than a Legionnaire. It also means melee factions (i.e. Mughal Empire) will you up.
    • On the bright side, it's easy to uninstall.

I don't recommend this mod to anyone. What was the author thinking, people go after mods seeking less features?

Lordsith's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: This mod takes more out than it adds in!

Most of missed features you can add as options.
    The AI is much more better than vanilla, and AI will camp if it is necessary.
    All the european factions in this mod based on Seven year war period units. So some factions like Portugal had not curassiers and guards in this time of period. I don't add unhistorical types of units. If you like fantastic units, then play casual mods. What was you thinking, before posting your comment.
    Last edited by Lordsith; April 22, 2019 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordsith View Post
    All the european factions in this mod based on Seven year war period units. So some factions like Portugal had not curassiers and guards in this time of period. I don't add unhistorical types of units. If you like fantastic units, then play casual mods. What was you thinking, before posting your comment.
    Most of the missed features CANNOT be added by optionals. The ones that can are mostly badly made and broken - rank fire doesn't bring the technology back, just adds it for every unit. On the same note, adding trade ships does not make every playable faction able to recruit them (ie. Portugal can only recruit galleons, but no trade or indiamen), the factions that are able to recruit them don't do so, or use them in normal fleets as combat ships.

Speaking in accuracy, muskets were made inaccurate on purpose to avoid the black powder caking in the barrel, thus allowing 50 volleys +. How accurate is them having three shots only? They'd be better off with plumbata!

No one mentioned fantastical units, don't strawman. Caçadores, for instance, are both present in the 18th century and Darthmod, and were taken out of your mod. I doubt that 12 pounder was the only type of cannon available as well.

Hello Lordsith,

I am new to this forum. Could you kindly explain how is it possible to put back some of the missing features, especially canister shots, field earthwork and rank fire?

Othewise, the mod is amazing, with much improved graphics, music, effects. Some changes were however too radical in my opinion and should be left to the player's option, so that for instance the 3 items I mentionned, which are essential features of 18th century warfare, can be added back.

Best regards,
    Alex

He probably will not reply, this mod is very badly made, balanced and polished. My advice? Take Imperial Splendour and modify yourself with the pack manager to make it more challenging. I added 6 turns per year, more challenging public order, less income, bigger garrisons etc to my version. If you like, I can send you my submods for IS.

It’s compatible with IS + tactical commander ?? I also import BSM from Darthmod but i don’t know how to mod the other stuff can you upload your submod may be on IS forum and send a link ??

i was fan of imperial destroyer but I agree with you mod went worse 3 shots, slow campaign, laggy turn reload, Only still good in this mod is battle AI but I also play in imperial splendour just now and darth mod with bran option i still one of the best in my opinion.

I have been playing this mod quite some time, but i have just come from Rome II, Divide Et Imprea, so my expectations are high. This mod was complete opposite of what I was expecting. I thought it said it added historical units, so histrocial amounts of ammunition right? in this mod you can just be kept being charged by inferior melee factions becuase there are little to no ammunition for your technological advanced European countries. Musket's have a unfeasible amount of accuracy. A militia can even take on a maxed out experienced guard troop. Every troop in this mod moves so very fast my camera could not keep track of them. I was expecting closer to vanilla paced combat, not like a war movie. I have also noticed the lack of features from vanilla varying from campaign to battle?

No trade ships?
    No Battle Formations?
    No fatigue system?

It's strange downloading a mod that takes out features than it adds in.

I recommend Empire Realism Or IS for the competitive players who want realism above arcade style gameplay

Patrician

This mod removes buggy features, and adds new useful and interesting features.

ACMilan88's Avatar Semisalis

I think the visuals (skins, effects etc) of this mod is some of the best iv'e seen for ETW. The main problem for me is the gameplay mecanics, it just takes FOREVER on the campaign map. From turns it takes to construct a building to the slow campaignmap movement. Not to mention all the good things it removes like religion and trade. I would say this mod contains some of the best visuals but completely destroys the campaign map by removing good features from the vanilla game and makes it to slow to be enjoyable.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ACMilan88 View Post
    I think the visuals (skins, effects etc) of this mod is some of the best iv'e seen for ETW. The main problem for me is the gameplay mecanics, it just takes FOREVER on the campaign map. From turns it takes to construct a building to the slow campaignmap movement. Not to mention all the good things it removes like religion and trade. I would say this mod contains some of the best visuals but completely destroys the campaign map by removing good features from the vanilla game and makes it to slow to be enjoyable.
    The removed features can be returned by gameplay options.

But what about 3-6 shots? I played the mod before I do not remember that, and it sounds downright absurd.

The removed features can be returned by gameplay options.

Thanks. Yeah i know you can add back religion, trade and so on with submods. BUT is there a mod that returns bulding turns to normal?

DONT YOU UNDERSTAND YOU CAN ADD THE OPTIONS TO YOUR GAME!!!!! if you dont like 3-6 shots you can add inlimited ? Lordsmith tokk years to make this mod and you bash on him??? If youre so smart and dont like this mod go make youre own mods!! And start to read!! there are numerouse options you can add in your gaem...
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; April 08, 2020 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Offensive.

DeftlyPlayed's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by ACMilan88 View Post
    Thanks. Yeah i know you can add back religion, trade and so on with submods. BUT is there a mod that returns bulding turns to normal?
    Pack File Manager.

You can edit a LOT of in game behavior with it. I am assuming here that by "building turns" you refer to how long it takes to build a building? This is something that can be edited to your preferences in PFM.

And I ran ImpDes for over a year and don't recall all the negatives being mentioned here. Like Lordsith says can be done I reset what I wanted. Then did a bit of tweeking in PFM and had a great time with it.

I only stopped running it because my hard drive crashed and when I reinstalled ETW I decided to try some of the additional factions mods. Minor Faction Revenge and Empire Total Factions.

Quote Originally Posted by djurasicm View Post
    DONT YOU UNDERSTAND YOU CAN ADD THE OPTIONS TO YOUR GAME!!!!! if you dont like 3-6 shots you can add inlimited? Lordsmith tokk years to make this mod and you bash on him??? If youre so smart and dont like this mod go make youre own mods!! there are numerouse options you can add in your gaem...
    Unlimited shots is the exact opposite and also highly unrealistic... i also played the mod a few years ago and uninstalled it a few hours later because of the mechanics, a shame because the units were indeed very awesome.
    And yes, i am making my own mods (small ones), the others made logical arguments. I also recommend IS, because the changes can easily fixed by yourself.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; April 08, 2020 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by DeftlyPlayed View Post
    Pack File Manager.

You can edit a LOT of in game behavior with it. I am assuming here that by "building turns" you refer to how long it takes to build a building? This is something that can be edited to your preferences in PFM.

And I ran ImpDes for over a year and don't recall all the negatives being mentioned here. Like Lordsith says can be done I reset what I wanted. Then did a bit of tweeking in PFM and had a great time with it.

I only stopped running it because my hard drive crashed and when I reinstalled ETW I decided to try some of the additional factions mods. Minor Faction Revenge and Empire Total Factions.

Thanks. Do you by chance know in wich file the building turns might be adjusted? I Checked throuhout the mod files but didn't find anything.

Sorry but AI is common stupid in some campaign action: I think than VH it doesn't know the peace tready when I'm sieging its last city with 3 complete army and blockade its port; it refuse a tready where I pay ( with option ) or in the battle VH he often charge my front line under the cannon fire and musketer ( WTF?! It's charge of light brigate at Balaklava every time? ).
    I don't remember the vanilla AI perfectly but.