Thread: Units confused about their.. origins on the battlefield

Fighterkill's Avatar Foederatus

Default Units confused about their.. origins on the battlefield

Huge problem right now for me. I just had a battle of 4 english 'miles' vs a stack of moors, couldn't run anymore.

I went into battle, and suddenly my commands where not obeyed anymore (AI uprising to the players). My cavalry will stand there and not listen anymore. I saw however right away what happened. Normally they have the skirmish button (greyed out), at least it is there but this time, the unit that stood still didn't had it.

Then it was visible again, and i could command the unit again. This is not playable right now for me, and i hope someone will have a clue what to do about it. I had this happened in 10 minutes, i think 5 times. I lost some good men to this strange behaviour. These men had woman and children, and now they died in this forein country, away from their homes to a sentence of code being not correctly? I will mourn them.

Okay okay all kidding aside, this is kinda irritating hehe.

What to do, what to do?

EDIT: to clearify, these units are not ranged units. I checked on the ss unit website http://www.stainless-steel-mod.com/England/Miles.html
    however, at first glance it seems like i have the exact problem ranged units on skirmish mode have. Except my units don't run away, they are just stuck and not commandable (is that a word?) anymore. I will do some repeatable battles today and see how much it happens.

I also didnt tamper with these units, i have SS installed and 2 submods. Nothing else.

EDIT2: a few battles further, it seems it's not the skirmish button that dissappears but their special ability, in this case the wedge form. a big red block sign will appear instead, and during this time i cannot control the unit. I'm baffled by this, is this a ss feature?
    Last edited by Fighterkill; April 22, 2019 at 10:52 AM.

Default Re: Units confused about their.. origins on the battlefield

i think you installed the hardcore features of G5 AI, you lose control of a unit for a while after giving it an order like attack

run the setup again look and read very carefully what each submod does, there might be your issue

the idea behind this is to make decisions more impactful and poor decisions more punishing, didnt forsee your cavalry would be isolated after they charge ? too bad, now you're going to lose a lot of men for throwing them so rashly against the enemy

ofc you might find this silly but some ppl like it and you can disable it if you want

EDIT: i mean run the "SS_steup" found inside the SS6.3 folder

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3350

ReallybadAI Hardcore
    "Exceptional modification for exceptional players – no more unrealistic army micro-management.

When you give your troops order to attack, better make it count – no second thoughts and decision
    changing is allowed. Command chain is long and it takes time before you can issue orders again.

How about usual snail-paced deployment of troops?
    Well… you can do that, but you’ll run out of time for army deployment – your new motto should be
    “Deploy now, have a break later”.

Disabled possibility of stakes placement during sieges."