Thread: Modding Minimum Unit Rank Depth

Default Modding Minimum Unit Rank Depth

Howdy friends, I've been looking around to see if I can find what defines the minimum number of ranks a unit can have-- for example, after the Ancestral Update, infantry lines are forced to have at least 4 ranks of men, and before patch 19, it was like 1.5-2 ranks.

If anyone could point me in the right direction there, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: Modding Minimum Unit Rank Depth

Hey Hamilkar Barka and welcome to the forum!

Take a look at this submod. It modifies exactly what you want to modify, so what you can do is to subscribe to it, open it with Pack File Manager or Rusted Pack File Manager (this one I recommend more) and see which table(s) it touches on and how it is done.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Thanks a lot-- this is exactly what I've been hunting for. I tried to look at a couple other mods but they didn't actually change it correctly, I guess.

Big thanks mate!

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

No problem!

Hey there Σελευκε! Great name.. should have names my son that. I have a question hopefully you will be able to help with. I have been modding as much as possible lately and building some nice unit mods and submod for various total war games. I wanted to do something similar for minimum ranks for Attila engine. However, fiddling around in the DB I cannot find the same "unit category" folder. What is worse is that I cannot even find the "unit max drag width" which I use for Warhammer 2 under "KV rules tables". I have tried all I can but cannot seem to find how to force minimum ranks for various units like you have done for Rome 2 and I have done for Warhammer 2 and Thrones of Brittania (although for WH2 and ToB I have done it via "unit max drag width from KV Rules" as there is no minimum ranks column under the unit category folder for them).

thanks a lot in advance