Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [SUBMOD] The Hellenic League

Centenarius

Default Re: [SUBMOD] The Hellenic League

Ah, that is what I was seeing, the Logades only as commander. Makes sense now with the lite version. I'll give it another go.

Centenarius

Ok, all is working well. I have to admit I miss being able to have Rhodian and Spartan hoplites as commander units. I like the sense of having unique armies led by local faction commanders. Since you removed the unit stats stuff from the lite version I don't think adding the faction specific commander hoplites back will affect balance.

Sure Fluke; here is the Lite pack with faction commanders. LMK if you want the faction hoplites back too.

Download Link
    Last edited by Basilius; March 27, 2020 at 01:59 PM.

Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Basilius View Post
    Sure Fluke; here is the Lite pack with faction commanders. LMK if you want the faction hoplites back too.

Download Link
    Thanks, let me give it a go with the generic hoplites and I'll give my feedback.

Centenarius

I just hit Thoreos reforms in my latest HL campaign using the latest lite version with the experimental battle pack and AoH. All is well and I am enjoying these three together. Now that I have hit Thureos it does feel strange having hoplites as commanders so I dismissed my generals and made them all the Elite Cav unit. So perhaps you were right in removing these hoplite general units in the first place. I do miss Rhodes' Dorian Thureos spear unit. You may want to add that one as it is unique to Rhodes. It would add a little variation to the available Thureos units.

Hello,

I'm doing my first DeI and Rome 2 at that campaign, as Athens, and happened upon this mod.

I wanted to ask, are the conditions of the set-up for roleplaying/flavour purposes or do they ensure the mod will work as intended? I see no scripts in the .pack,but the set-up seems quite specific and I've already progressed enough in my campaign that I'd like to keep going plus I like the idea of forming the confederation orgnanically. Also I've captured Rhodes, so if there's some sort of trigger I've missed my chance.

Supposing that I can enable the mod at any point and that it's working I can't upgrade Sparta to the normal or the fortified varriant.Could the League have access to the two city upgrades of Sparta, that are locked behind reforms?

Okay strategos, main link updated for 1.2.6. Some design changes:
    • I've switched the mod over to the lite version entirely. Specifically this means no more AOR or unit stat changes. I don't have the time to update and balance these every patch, and I don't think they were a huge part of the mod anyways.
    • Removed Epirus' sword units. I know these were an elegant and well-received solution to the dearth of sword units in the roster, but after playing I feel that the HL should be weak on swords, on should rely on AOR units to fill that unit gap.
    • Removed naval changes as 1.2.6 is a straight up buff to our roster.
    • Added Dresden's Settler Mod as a recommended mod. Population is a huge problem for Greeks, and forced migration is one solution. I suggest not using the pop 1 settlers for RP reasons. (If there's demand, I could add these settlers to my mod directly.)

Let me know what you guys think. I'm chomping at the bit for the Athens update (this year?), and hope they don't nerf the mercenary core that's so central to our post-reform frontline.

I wanted to ask, are the conditions of the set-up for roleplaying/flavour purposes or do they ensure the mod will work as intended? I see no scripts in the .pack,but the set-up seems quite specific and I've already progressed enough in my campaign that I'd like to keep going plus I like the idea of forming the confederation orgnanically. Also I've captured Rhodes, so if there's some sort of trigger I've missed my chance.
    Sorry for the delay. In short, this mod just changes the roster and government type for Athens. Activating it mid-campaign is fine.
    Supposing that I can enable the mod at any point and that it's working I can't upgrade Sparta to the normal or the fortified varriant.Could the League have access to the two city upgrades of Sparta, that are locked behind reforms?
    I haven't figured out how to unlock Sparta lvl 2 and 3 in this mod. The HL does have access to the shrine of Leonides, but the name is strangely missing...

I do miss Rhodes' Dorian Thureos spear unit. You may want to add that one as it is unique to Rhodes. It would add a little variation to the available Thureos units.
    Thanks Fluke, I'll check them out.
    Last edited by Basilius; July 19, 2020 at 12:26 AM.

Centenarius

Thank you for the continued support of this great mod Basilius.

My pleasure. I looked at the Dorian Thureos spear unit last night, and they seem like a side-grade to the current levy thureos spears, and (unit for unit) inferior to the elite thureos spears. Why did you want them included?

Centenarius

I like the idea of their background, their look, and they allow Rhodes to bring another unique unit to the League.

I added the file to 'data' but nothing happened, what folder does it go in?

Mods go in data. Did you turn it on in mod manager?

Minor Update: included Athenian Marines as a recruitable land unit. Main link updated.

Centenarius

Nice addition, thank you Basilius.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Primicerius

Always a pleasure to see another sub-mod, especially a Phil Hellenic one

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345