Thread: Mod Manager Not Updating? Anyone Else?

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Default Mod Manager Not Updating? Anyone Else?

Good afternoon, I recently got back into Thrones Of Brittania and after working to get a set of mods which would work with Radious began a campaign as Gwynned, after a few hours last night I decided to restart the campaign today but in between downloaded a 100% Recruitment Strength Mod, Militarized AI mod and more unit in recruitment pool mod to be able to play more creatively try as well as try to create a more challenging opponent.

When I tried starting a screen popped up saying the mods were not playing well together as the game closed, I unsubscribed from the new mods as everything before was working perfectly fine but when I go to start and the warning you are playing with mods screen starts up the additional mods are still listed and the popup error continues. I have tried to reset load order and deactivate/reactivate them but no change on the warning you are using mods list.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any fixes would be much obliged, I unsubscribed from everything and verified cache, will try resubscribing to the mods which worked and see if it will start.

Edit: The unwanted mods still appear in the notice you are using mods pop and VFS error continues
    Last edited by Krieglord; April 19, 2019 at 03:06 PM.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mod Manager Not Updating? Anyone Else?

Are you using the recent update for the game launcher? It has some issues with the mod manager.

Go to beta and download the old launcher.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Quote Originally Posted by Van Zandt View Post
    Are you using the recent update for the game launcher? It has some issues with the mod manager.

Go to beta and download the old launcher.
    Yes I believe so, thankyou I will give that a shot (Launcher_release_candidate?), just reinstalled TOB on my SSD as well.

Edit: Thankyou very much indeed it is working great now
    Last edited by Krieglord; April 19, 2019 at 08:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krieglord View Post
    Yes I believe so, thankyou I will give that a shot (Launcher_release_candidate?), just reinstalled TOB on my SSD as well.

Edit: Thankyou very much indeed it is working great now
    Hows does the SSD work? Faster loads or better battles or what?

​​

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Hows does the SSD work? Faster loads or better battles or what?
    I don't fully understand them myself (and I used to be so techy as a teen) https://techguided.com/the-best-ssds/ but at least it should be giving faster load times for most games as it offers a quicker file transfer and supposedly better driver performance through better read/write speeds, I also edited the preference.script (video_memory 10th line down or so) to -2000 so TOB is able to use more memory as well as a large address aware patch on the .exe just to be safe (went from 1975mb to around 4070mb in the graphics menu and high to ultra for recommended settings) though I keep it on high for smoothness as I use a tv for my monitor which is a little taxing, and always remember to switch water to low for land battles at least as all maps are covered in fully rendered water for some reason just below the land, you can see it with the better battle camera mod.
    Last edited by Krieglord; April 20, 2019 at 07:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krieglord View Post
    I don't fully understand them myself (and I used to be so techy as a teen) https://techguided.com/the-best-ssds/ but at least it should be giving faster load times for most games as it offers a quicker file transfer and supposedly better driver performance through better read/write speeds, I also edited the preference.script (video_memory 10th line down or so) to -2000 so TOB is able to use more memory as well as a large address aware patch on the .exe just to be safe (went from 1975mb to around 4070mb in the graphics menu and high to ultra for recommended settings) though I keep it on high for smoothness as I use a tv for my monitor which is a little taxing, and always remember to switch water to low for land battles at least as all maps are covered in fully rendered water for some reason just below the land, you can see it with the better battle camera mod.
    I purchased a 120GB SSD to try out on my older gaming rig. It will go into one of the open 3.5" drive bays. Since TOB is my passion now I will look at installing it to this drive. If I get a good result I may invest in something larger.

​​

The House of Baltar

Nice that should work well, I had them install one when I got my Lenovo after the salesmen told me it be better for gaming but only recently started using it other then a normal hard drive for larger games. They did a fresh install of windows 8 on The SSD that evening so background files etc were taking up quite a bit of space plus just mod rar files stacking up for various games, I can get a 20 v 20 battle in TOB to load in 25-30 seconds though it is hard to tell exactly how much has improved as I haven't played it since nearer to launch, I knew it had potential just needed time and a few good modders/some patches, sadly most games release in that buggy state these days.

It is definitely becoming a fast favourite, I think this is the first TW since Medieval 2 where I just wander around the map looking at towns and cities watching them grow, enjoying the atmosphere the music gives off.

Found a screenshot from last May, up against the one from today shows quite the difference
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 22, 2019 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Blog Entries

Well, I ended up with a Kingston 240GB SSD. I have it installed and set up, now I guess I need to uninstall TOB then reinstall on the SSD?

I also edited the preference.script (video_memory 10th line down or so) to -2000 so TOB is able to use more memory as well as a large address aware patch on the .exe just to be safe (went from 1975mb to around 4070mb in the graphics menu and high to ultra for recommended settings)

Then Ill have to work on this fix. Where is this file located?
    Last edited by Gaius Baltar; April 22, 2019 at 09:10 PM. Reason: spelling

​​

The House of Baltar

Well, I ended up with a Kingston 240GB SSD. I have it installed and set up, now I guess I need to uninstall TOB then reinstall on the SSD?

Then Ill have to work on this fix. Where is this file located?[/I]

Wow that will be great for gaming, and no need if you right click on the game in Steam go to properties -- local files and there is a move install folder button just under the verify integrity of game cache button, so it will make a new SteamLibrary folder on the SSD then move the game and delete the version on the current harddrive, as for the preferences.script go to this pc or my computer in the start menu/C/Users/Owner/Appdata/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/ThronesOfBrittania/scripts/preferences.script.txt (you may need to right click and hit open with - notepad)/ scroll down to line 10, gfx_video_memory and change the number just beside from -0 to -2000, I haven't tested it but would think the same trick would work with all modern TW games as I learned about it with RTW2.