Thread: Hex editor - Help

Default Hex editor - Help

Hey guys, it's me again. I was using the Hex Editor (It was my first time) to edit the roman_cine_skin1_shape1.rigid_model_v2. I tried to eliminate the roman sandals, because it appears mixed with another texture. For that, I entered to the Hex Editor and replaced all the parts that says "sandals" with dots. However, when I tested it, the skins were like little monsters, and the worst part was that the sandals didn't dissapeared. Do you know a way to eliminate the sandals from a roman skin?

PS: Is it correct to put my help requests here? I'm afraid I'm making threads in the wrong section.

Default Re: Hex editor - Help

This is not a modding help forum, perhaps someone will be able to help you, but you'll probably be better off asking such questions in http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...I-Mod-Workshop in the future.

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

rigid_model_v2 files are very delicate, even one misplaced dot can completely disturb what texture it displays and how it is displayed.
    So simply replacing letters with dots won´t do, I´m afraid.

AFAIK they have an array of textures for every LOD, with each of these LODs being a perfect copy of the previous one.
    So you only have to look at the uppermost array of texture, which is usually made up of diffuse, normal, specular, mask and gloss_map texture files,
    the rest of the arrays should be a copy of what you changed there.

Check out whether the first texture array refers to the same group of textures, it could be that the diffuse and specular maps are mixed up.
    Also, check out whether the texture files themselves match up with each other.

Also, never use Ctrl+V in the hex editor, instead of overwriting it will insert what you choose to copy in between.
    If you are confident enough that you did not make a mistake, you can use Ctrl + B, which overwrites instead of inserting.
    ALso, if the name of a new texture you´re using is shorter than the one you replaced, don´t use the keyboard dots, but copy a corresponding number of dots from inside the file with ctrl+c and ctrl+b.
    For some reason the keyboard dots are a different sign than the ones used in the file.
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Thread moved.

Please use the appropriate thread for issues you may have.

Thank you,
    G.S