Thread: 1805 campaign is unbalanced to the point of unplayability

Icon4 1805 campaign is unbalanced to the point of unplayability

Let begin by saying that the battle balancing is quite good, it's the perfect mix between historical authenticity and fun gameplay. However, and this seems to be a general problem with Napoleon mods, the campaign is poorly balanced and made. After only two dozens of turns and owning only 3 cities I was having an income of 30.000 per turn, having almost every named ship recruited (about 20 naval units), and two elite army stacks.

Reasons:

a) Very low cost and upkeep for large ships;
    b) Very low cost and upkeep for land units and artillery;
    c) Very high limit for trade ships (it could be a bug);
    d) The A.I. completely ignores trade routes, or the international value of commodities.

Despite making that huge amount of money, it was useless. The mod restricts the recruitment of artillery, naval units and land units to the home province. There's absolutely no point of building anything that isn't a magistrate, commercial port or a opera house. Napoleon's building system was already lacking, a campaign mod should bring depth, and not to make it more brainless.

On the same note, the diplomacy seems to be hardcoded, and you cannot influence diplomacy between the major factions by bribing them.

Overall, the mod completely destroys the economical aspect and more importantly the sense of progression in the game.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: 1805 campaign is unbalanced to the point of unplayability

Quote Originally Posted by iporto9393 View Post
    Let begin by saying that the battle balancing is quite good, it's the perfect mix between historical authenticity and fun gameplay.
    A positive feedback is always welcome and most modders appreciates positive feedback.

However, and this seems to be a general problem with Napoleon mods, the campaign is poorly balanced and made. After only two dozens of turns and owning only 3 cities I was having an income of 30.000 per turn, having almost every named ship recruited (about 20 naval units), and two elite army stacks.

Reasons:

a) Very low cost and upkeep for large ships;
    b) Very low cost and upkeep for land units and artillery;
    c) Very high limit for trade ships (it could be a bug);
    d) The A.I. completely ignores trade routes, or the international value of commodities.

Despite making that huge amount of money, it was useless. The mod restricts the recruitment of artillery, naval units and land units to the home province. There's absolutely no point of building anything that isn't a magistrate, commercial port or a opera house. Napoleon's building system was already lacking, a campaign mod should bring depth, and not to make it more brainless.

On the same note, the diplomacy seems to be hardcoded, and you cannot influence diplomacy between the major factions by bribing them.
    I understand what you are saying, but keep in mind that there is a few things a modder cannot do much about and one of those things has to do what game engine a game is designed with and Creative Assmbely (CA) use the Warscape engine for every new game title starting with Empire TW. Sure, I agree. Napoleon TW is a lot better than Empire TW due to better stability than Empire TW had when it was released in mid March 2009.

Overall, the mod completely destroys the economical aspect and more importantly the sense of progression in the game.
    I can only suggest that you don't play the mod as it doesn't help modders or mod teams by complaining about what you see is wrong and believe when I say I know every modder wants to create a 99% perfect mod.

Which is in reality almost impossible to do. Besides, a modder always decides what purpose a mod has and what the result is in-game.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Have you tried modifying to allow 40 unit armies. This may off-set the income problem. Just saying - I'm not an expert.

So, you're saying that having 40k of income in 20 turns a creative decision?

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

import-try Bran submod and see if it helps-maybe Super Slaughter version for the challenge: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...Born-s-LME-Mod

Hello, I think the mod is really great!
    But can not win with Preusen ledier, since the French have too many Einheitan.
    What can I do?

Best regards
    Thomas*

soldiers!!!