Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Far right hate speech. What should be done?

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Far right hate speech. What should be done?

https://twitter.com/patcondell?lang=el

https://twitter.com/KTHopkins

https://twitter.com/jihadwatchRS

https://twitter.com/PamelaGeller

I left here some accounts on twitter that they have one purpose:To spread hatred against muslims. If you study these accounts, almost all their twitts have the specific task of attacking muslims. I dont have a problem with free speech but i am wondering when you draw the line with people that have the task of inciting hatred against a minority. These people try to cause problems. Its quite strange for me that despite the fact that thousands of accounts are banned every year in places like twitter, far right accounts that spread hatred against muslims are thriving. Should twitter take measures against them or not?

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Far right hate speech. What should be done?

I don't see how those tweets can be seen as hate speeches, they say what for them is the truth and they are shared by millions guys in Europe and USA alike, do you want to ban great part of the political ideas of EU and USA citizens?

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    I don't see how those tweets can be seen as hate speeches, they say what for them is the truth and they are shared by millions guys in Europe and USA alike, do you want to ban great part of the political ideas of EU and USA citizens?
    Seriously, you dont see hate speech in these accounts ? Just switch the "muslims" with "jew" and talk to me again

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

#TheresaMay took time out from sabotaging #Brexit to block asylum for a genuine refugee in order to appease violent Muslims. Pure evil
    From Pat Condell. Is that an illegitimate statement to make papay?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Twitter's a private company, they can do whatever they want. They definitely don't have any reservations about banning conservatives, so if these accounts are still up then maybe they aren't actually against Twitter's rules?
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    From Pat Condell. Is that an illegitimate statement to make papay?
    Pat Condell is one of those haters that has accused muslims as rapists, terrorists etc etc. Naturally i dont care so much about bigots but it seems that his arguments(along the arguments of other haters)influence younger people who dont know how this world works. I think that this hate propaganda poses a danger

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    Seriously, you dont see hate speech in these accounts ? Just switch the "muslims" with "jew" and talk to me again
    Why should I switch - The "muslims" with "Jews"- ?

They are just talking of Muslims, as many millions of European and American citizens are doing (I'm with them of course) just now, while we are speaking, they don't like the Muslims and they are explaining their reasons, is there something wrong with this?

If you feel there is something wrong, please consider that the contents of those tweets are shared by the large part of EU and US citizens, so, I ask you again, do you want to silence all the people who disagree with you about Muslims?
    Even in case they are the large majority of public opinion?

Why should I switch - The "muslims" with "Jews"- ?

They are just talking of Muslims, as many millions of European and American citizens are doing (I'm with them of course) just now, while we are speaking, they don't like the Muslims and they are explaining their reasons, is there something wrong with this?

If you feel there is something wrong, please consider that the contents of those tweets are shared by the large part of EU and US citizens, so, I ask you again, do you want to silence all the people who disagree with you about Muslims?
    Even in case they are the large majority of public opinion?

No, why should i feel there is something wrong with that. Creating hatred against a minority is always a noble thing to do...
    Last edited by Papay; November 27, 2018 at 01:51 PM.

I don't think OP understands the difference between criticism of ethnicity and criticism of an ideology or religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    I don't think OP understands the difference between criticism of ethnicity and criticism of an ideology or religion.
    A tricky argument used to justify anti-muslim bigotry by people like Pamella Geller and Brigitte Gabriel. Its like me saying "i dont have a problem with jews but since their religion promotes circumstition which is against my countries values, they should all be expelled". Oh no i am not racist at all

Anti-Semitism is typically directed at ethnic Jews, regardless of religion. The only reason an anti-Semite would "criticize" Judaism, is because it is a Jewish religion. If it were the religion of Indians or Cubans instead, no one would give a crap.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

A tricky argument used to justify anti-muslim bigotry by people like Pamella Geller and Brigitte Gabriel. Its like me saying "i dont have a problem with jews but since their religion promotes circumstition which is against my countries values, they should all be expelled". Oh no i am not racist at all
    Who wants to expel Muslims?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

No, wait, it would just be like saying:

"I don't have any racial problem with Muslims but, seen that during the current year 2018 AD 'there were 1820 Islamic attacks in 53 countries, in which 10784 people were killed and 10802 injured'(*) I don't want my country accepts Muslim immigrants anymore.".

Of course this would not be racism, because actually this is just common sense, but since I know well that the war between liberals (sorry!) and common sense is far from being concluded, being not Don Quixote, I don't insist on the subject.

Side note: I still don't see why you go on quoting the Jews but .. also in this case, I don't insist.

No, wait, it would just be like saying:

"I don't have any racial problem with Muslims but, seen that during the current year 2018 AD 'there were 1820 Islamic attacks in 53 countries, in which 10784 people were killed and 10802 injured'(*) I don't want my country accepts Muslim immigrants anymore.".

Of course this would not be racism, because actually this is just common sense, but since I know well that the war between liberals (sorry!) and common sense is far from being concluded, being not Don Quixote, I don't insist on the subject.

Side note: I still don't see why you go on quoting the Jews but .. also in this case, I don't insist.

Hmm fewer than the christian bombs raining on 8 muslim countries. You dont make a valid argument here to prove anything

You dont make a valid argument here to prove anything
    I'm not argumenting, nor I'm trying to prove anything here, my dear, I'm just trying to help you in understanding why your OP and the question coming with it are doomed to conclude their short lives into the toilet.

Why do muslims and jews always enjoy the status of 1st rate citizen in this issues while christians get 2nd rate citizen treatment?
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fkizz View Post
    Why do muslims and jews always enjoy the status of 1st rate citizen in this issues while christians get 2nd rate citizen treatment?
    Why do you think whataboutism is a response?

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

Hmm fewer than the christian bombs raining on 8 muslim countries. You dont make a valid argument here to prove anything
    None of those bombs are "christian bombs"

It isn't "tricky" it is literally fact - islam is not a race. You can't be "racist" against a religion. Racism is unfair because one does not chose his race. One does, however, chose religion, which is why bashing islam is perfectly fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    Why do you think whataboutism is a response?
    Do you understand what "whataboutism" even means?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    It isn't "tricky" it is literally fact - islam is not a race. You can't be "racist" against a religion. Racism is unfair because one does not chose his race. One does, however, chose religion, which is why bashing islam is perfectly fine.
    It literally isn't a fact. Islamophobia certainly is racism, the UN agrees with me too...

http://www.unesco.org/new/en/social-...ossary/racism/

Racism is a theory of races hierachy which argues that the superior race should be preserved and should dominate the others. Racism can also be an unfair attitude towards another ethnic group. Finally racism can also be defined as a violent hostility against a social group
    Here are some other eminent sources that also disagree with you (in case you think the UN are lefty snowflakes or something).

https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...-muslim-racism

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...semantics-word

http://news.rice.edu/2017/09/14/isla...l-intolerance/

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast