Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Decision] Moving the CCT

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default [Decision] Moving the CCT

Decision: Archive CCT in Q&S forum, create new sticky CCT in Prothalamos

Simple reasoning really. The CCT now does not serve as much purpose as it did before, as all members can now post here in the prothalamos. It can serve however in mostly the same capacity for any commentary on Curia forum postings and proceedings, which non citizens still do not have posting right to.

Right now I have this listed as archiving the current CCT, more than anything as a way to mark the time period it served with a non open Proth and start a new one showing the new difference in the Curia and Proth as a result. This isn't such a big deal either way I think though, so if more people may be in favor of simply moving the current CCT here and sticking it, or even leaving the current one closed (or even open) in the Q&S and redirecting to another one in the Proth, that is just as good too. My personal preference is to archiving the old, creating a new here, but it's not something worth being too picky about.

So the options are:

1) Close and Archive current CCT thread in Q&S, open new CCT thread and stick in Prothalamos.

2) Close CCT in Q&S and link in first and last posts to new CCT in Prothalamos.

3) Move current CCT from Q&S to Prothalamos with no new thread.

4) Vacant for any other proposed option

Current Proposal for support/vote purposes will be option 3, since it seems most popular.
    Last edited by Hader; April 19, 2019 at 10:43 AM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: [Decision] Moving the CCT

I think both the 1st and the 2nd option is beneficial for every member, but it wouldn't hurt to archive it within Prothalamos just for reference.

Also, your proposal is similiar to my proposal, which is now abandoned and archived.

In any case, I support this proposal.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Support for any of the options listed above.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I say option 3, just move it over here.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

option 3 so that previous messages remain easily accessible (if someone had any interest in them).

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

option 3 for me as well
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Option 3.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Solid enough proposal, given this would consolidate member access to curial matters. Option 3 would be best to keep an accessible reference as there isn't any need for a new beginning, unless the thread's approaching post limit.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

I say move it to the curia were it belongs... After all, it deals with the curia, why the hell should it not be placed in the curia then?!? It makes zero sense. Why is the curia still "citizens only"? Just get rid of that limit too. It is only the voting that should be a "citizen only" area. If that by necessity translates to a Prothalamos only open for citizens - then so be it. But the question is, does it really? ...?...

Failing all that, option 3 - as a temporary solution... I can't for the life of me
    understand why the curia is for "citizens only". There are no rational reasons
    for it, only irrational ones (as far as I can tell)...

- A

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    I say move it to the curia were it belongs... After all, it deals with the curia, why the hell should it not be placed in the curia then?!? It makes zero sense. Why is the curia still "citizens only"? Just get rid of that limit too. It is only the voting that should be a "citizen only" area. If that by necessity translates to a Prothalamos only open for citizens - then so be it. But the question is, does it really? ...?...
    If that ever happen then it makes it pointless to move it due for being a duplicate to the already posted Townhall thread. Which is the same Curial Commentary Thread as it is now in the Q & S forum.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

So merge them... What is the problem? Why have two threads for one purpose? Makes little sense to me... It makes as much sense as having the curia-section closed to the supposed members of this board, if you ask me... Open it up (the curia), and be done with it. Why does it have too be any stranger then that...?...

- A

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    So merge them... What is the problem? Why have two threads for one purpose? Makes little sense to me... It makes as much sense as having the curia-section closed to the supposed members of this board, if you ask me... Open it up (the curia), and be done with it. Why does it have too be any stranger then that...?...

- A
    That is a wider proposal not currently voted into life, and as such you should probably post this advocacy into a reboot thread to more completely open the Curia. As it is, this proposal does not and cannot cover what you are asking.

In the context that exists now, two threads exist because one is a purely citizen conversation and the other is general membership conversation about citizenry. It does strike me as somewhat redundant, but under the structure that exists, the split is precedented and, to me at least, makes sense. It's also not the subject at hand, and again, what you are saying is another proposal entirely. It has been tried and it has been unsuccessful, but if you give it another go and bring the arguments forth again, perhaps you will have what you seek and this proposal will be rendered irrelevant.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

Blog Entries

I'd say keep both threads, one is the Commentary and make the other a simple chat thread
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    I'd say keep both threads, one is the Commentary and make the other a simple chat thread
    There's several chat threads around the site. Why would we need one more in these parts? What would a simple chat thread contribute in here?

Blog Entries

mmm chatting??

I'm just telling that a chat and a commentary should be two separate things, and that if one wants to have both, they should be be two separate threads; as a matter of facts, if you see the posting history of the CCT and the Townhall, you will see that the CCT was the true commentary, while the Townhall has been used mostly as chat and for Curia related announcements

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

I would go for option 3.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

mmm chatting??

I'm just telling that a chat and a commentary should be two separate things, and that if one wants to have both, they should be be two separate threads; as a matter of facts, if you see the posting history of the CCT and the Townhall, you will see that the CCT was the true commentary, while the Townhall has been used mostly as chat and for Curia related announcements
    I guess I'm just not sure what we're driving at since the Townhall and wider Curia isn't really the subject here, and since there is no way this proposal is going to be opening up the curia entirely, there's not much of a point to it being a matter to discuss.

It would all be more viable to discuss were it in a thread dedicated to that purpose.

Blog Entries

A comment is sometimes just a comment, even Freud would agree, dude

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

A comment is sometimes just a comment, even Freud would agree, dude
    Then I ask you allow me the last comment on a comment replying to a comment commenting on a comment's comment on a comment. Tongue in cheek, I swear

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast