Thread: [HOTSEAT] Reworked Hotseat Script 3.0 - BETA

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default [HOTSEAT] Reworked Hotseat Script 3.0 - BETA

Hello everyone,

here is a fully scripted Hotseat campaign_script for Divide and Conquer 3.0. I started to do some little things for myself and ended reworking the whole scipt and check every single line for hotseat compatibility. It would be a shame to keep ths to myself .
    Is is based on Melvasul's HotSeat Guide, but I added the missing scripts again and fixed many hotseat oddities.

What to expect:
    - The script detects automatically if played on hotseat, you don't have to change the script for playig in Singleplayer. In Singleplayer everything works as Vanilla DAC.
    - Automatically balanced Hotseat Campaign (Details below)
    - Fixed Scipts like Season and One Ring fireing for every Player Faction instead of one time per Turn.
    - All Faction Scripts are working. Khazad-dum is starting in Moria (just for Hotseat) but form there on all scripts are working. Balrog, Spread the Word, etc. Elven Alliance is deactivated if Woodlamd and Lorien both are played by players.
    - (For Modders)Centralised Faction Startup - The Faction Startup Scripts like extra AI money, regions, army are now centralised and not all over the script
    - Nazgul Script should be fixed in Hotseat
    - CampaignDifficulty is now set always to very_hard (Script wise). Info: CampaignDifficulty is bugged in Hotseat. It will be set to Normal on 2nd Players Turn. I'm not sure if it also affect some hardcoded game logic, but it will now no longer effect the campaign_scipt. It ist now always set to very_hard (Only in Hotseat)
    - One Ring Script somewhat working in Hotseat - I tried my best but it is a big a** script. Don't fully understand it now. Should work for Good Faction though. Reduced the time until Sauron enters the ring ~Turn 160 (only hotseat)

Hotseat Balance:
    There are three different Balance Templates that will be applied automatically.
    - Singleplayer / Mixed Factions
    - Good Faction Coop Balance
    - Evil Faction Coop Balance
    If played on Singleplayer or with mixed good and evil factions +-1 the default balance will take place. According to the own faction played, neighbouring ai factions get buffs.This buffs can now accumulate.
    If played with mainly good or evil factions (two more than opposing) a special Coop balance will take place. Its not completly different or hardcore but will make sure that the opposing side will take the upperhand if not stoppen by the players.

Playing Hotseat:
    Add / Override the following lines to your TATW.cfg:
    Bold ones are important.
    Code:
    [hotseat]
    scroll = true                 ## disable start turn scroll in hotseat campaign
    turns = false                 ## disable forced separate human faction turns (including diplomacy) in hotseat campaign
    disable_console    = false         ## enable cheat console in hotseat campaign.
    ##admin_password = password         ## specify password for administrator access to the dev console when console disabled. Change 'password' to a suitable password
    update_ai_camera = false         ## enable camera updates during ai turn in hotseat campaign
    disable_papal_elections    = false     ## enable voting in papal elections in hotseat campaign (only first valid human faction votes)
    autoresolve_battles = false         ## disable forced autoresolve all battles in hotseat campaign
    validate_diplomacy = false         ## disable diplomacy validation for incoming propositions
    save_prefs = true             ## disable forced relevant hotseat options to be saved with game.
    autosave = false             ## autosave hotseat game at start of players turn
    save_config = true             ## save config file in save dir containing information about next players turn
    close_after_save = false         ## close medieval II directly after a hotseat autosave
    gamename = hotseat_gamename         ## sub directory name for hotseat save games
    validate_data = false             ## ensure game data files used in previous save match current campaign data files.
    allow_validation_failures = true     ## prevent game to load if savegame or data validations fail
    Make sure to NOT disable the console - it will break the script

Install:
    replace the campaign_script.txt in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign
    make a backup from the orignal script

I didn't test all of the scripts, so it is called a BETA. Errors may occure and break your game.

Download:
    campaign_script.zip

Thanks to the great work of the DaC Team
    and Mervasul for the HotSeat Guide
    Last edited by manabalu; April 17, 2019 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Updated File