Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FATW Dominion of Men Version 3.4 is almost ready for release

Default Re: FATW Dominion of Men Version 3.4 is almost ready for release

@Fahnat : No harm in starting a campaign now. I, for one, am thirsty for more LP contributors. What is your channel?

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

It's on my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    It's on my signature.
    Cool. Let us know when you release an episode.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

So obviously there were some delays over the last few months, crucially a lot of RW commitments that killed my available time for far longer than I had hoped.

Just want to reassure people that this is still happening. If everything goes well release will be before the end of this month.

Quote Originally Posted by webba84 View Post
    So obviously there were some delays over the last few months, crucially a lot of RW commitments that killed my available time for far longer than I had hoped.

Just want to reassure people that this is still happening. If everything goes well release will be before the end of this month.
    Good, good !

Nice!

We never lost faith!

I keep hearing about this troll issue, sounds exactly like issues we had in BOTET trying to adapt infantry and horse based animations to work for the elephant class. The fix is rather simple, make sure first bone name is the same as a vanilla elephant platform_E_bone in medieval 2(instead of pelvis_bone). Also might need to do it to the animations, just rename the first bone and crashing should be gone.

P.S. Amazing mod, really impressed with what I have seen so far.
    Last edited by tomdoof2236; October 14, 2019 at 11:46 PM. Reason: forget to complement mod

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by tomdoof2236 View Post
    I keep hearing about this troll issue, sounds exactly like issues we had in BOTET trying to adapt infantry and horse based animations to work for the elephant class. The fix is rather simple, make sure first bone name is the same as a vanilla elephant platform_E_bone in medieval 2(instead of pelvis_bone). Also might need to do it to the animations, just rename the first bone and crashing should be gone.

P.S. Amazing mod, really impressed with what I have seen so far.
    Well, it's something we haven't tried yet afaik. Will give it a shot, thanks!

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Unfortunately it doesn't work just changing the bone name in the model. I really don't know anything about animation modding either so I'm afraid I can't try that method.
    Last edited by webba84; October 21, 2019 at 11:51 PM.

Posting this here for anyone who's been following this thread - 3.4 is now out, and the link is below!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/the-fourth-age-total-war
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Great! Many thanks to the team for having continued to work on The Fourth Age. It has been a long way since the first releases, back in 2006/2007 (nostalgy mode here), and a great collective effort throughout the years. FATW is one of the proofs that the venerable Rome: Total War was/is really one of the best TW games ever, still to this day.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Apologies to everyone that we haven't yet got the forums properly updated with the new release information. TWCenter was down when we released, and I've been on a hectic travel schedule since, but I promise we will get it done soon, including updating the techincial support information for those who are struggling to get the mod (game, really) running under windows 10 (just about all of us, these days).

Unfortunately it doesn't work just changing the bone name in the model. I really don't know anything about animation modding either so I'm afraid I can't try that method.
    He ment the bone name in the skeleton. So you need to unpack your skeleton.dat (Modelers Toolbox 0.6) and look for a file with the name that you put into the battlemodeldb below the textures. You can open this one with Notepad++ and see/edit the bone names.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Yeah, that became obvious after trying what I could with the model. I've got no experience at all with skeleton.dat and FATW's one is highly customized already (by others), so I'll just have to hope I get enough time to properly learn it later.

Hello! I would like to express my utmost gratitude for creating this mod. I love everything about it. It's the only RTW mod that has permanent space on my laptop. Keep up the good work, guys! Cheers!

Thank you for the kind words! Glad you're enjoying the mod, and keep us posted on your campaigns
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12