Thread: Remove Army Skills from all Lords

Default Remove Army Skills from all Lords

So... red skills are good. Well red skills are too good and they have some detrimental effects on the game.

The main reason for this is because the AI cannot easily achieve a synergistic army. If it even gives the lord the right skills and it doesn't always give the lord the army that matches it. This means that sometimes you run into a stack of doom with upgrades and get trounced and sometimes you run into a stack of doom where their doom units are weaker than your fodder.

The second thing it does is reduce the value of Lords and Heroes because they have to compete with hugely boosted, cheaper, and more numerous units. High level heroes are still decent but you have to get them there and that is a chore when its just more fun to slam them into your army at level 1.

So i want to remove the entire red tree from every lord and maybe replace it with a leadership tree. (bigger aura, better bonus, the active leadership abilities) I don't want to remove the specific unit bonuses that legendary lords and others get. These aren't too deep in the trees and so don't have much of an effect on AI units even if they do/don't take them/have the wrong units. They make LL's more unique and will have a larger impact when the red trees are no longer available. But i want weaker units in general and removing lord skills seems like a great way to do that, plus making lords/heroes better and making armies more about what they can do on the battlefield rather than army buffs.

___

The problem is that this is almost entirely beyond my capabilities. I've made a few mods (modifying the charge bonus reduction timer in order to increase the value of charging and reduce the need to cycle charge) and so am not a complete neophyte. And there is a guide for WHII to help with adding skills to trees. But i have no clue if this will require AI changes or just how long it will take to remove all of these skills from everyone. (plus it has to be updated any time a new DLC drops). So if anyone has any help for me for what would be necessary, or if they just want to like, do it in 30 minutes because its actually really easy and fast and i am just clueless i would love anything anyone could do.
    Last edited by Goumindong; May 03, 2019 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Now WIP

Default Re: Remove Army Skills from all Lords

So i went through the associated files and moved all of the red army skills from their associated lord to "none". I modified the dependencies of the leadership skills such that they trigger on prior skills in the leadership tree rather than the army skills. And modified the associated number of required skills down to 1 in order to make the tree usable. This used two tables. One is the character_skills_node_links and one was character_skills_nodes

In the PFM "none" is red.

So this appears to work... load times are a bit slow initially.

If anyone runs into any problems please let me know. If anyone knows how to make this better let me know. Yes i do know my pack file is not well organized.

Edit: removing and reuploading because tags are wrong and i cannot seem to fix without that

edit; Fixed

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1731195897
    Last edited by Goumindong; May 03, 2019 at 05:07 PM.