Thread: How to remove trees in Battle Editor

Default How to remove trees in Battle Editor

i am having a lot of trouble with removing these annoying trees that appeared out of nowhere around this ford that i placed on a river, i keep deleting them with the vegetation tool, i save, load the map and they are there again

this doesnt happen with the trees i place elsewhere, i can add or delete them just fine, it's only these few ones around the ford that keep reapearing again and again, they are very close to the water, some of them are in the water and it looks weird

how do i actually delete these mofos for ever ?

bonus question
    by the way rocks dont delete aswell, how can i place a freaking ford on a freaking river that doesnt look freaking weird ? is such a thing possible ?

Default Re: How to remove trees in Battle Editor

The fords (and bridges) that you place with the battle editor are '.worlds' that are found in;
    data/settlements/north_european/bridges folders

They have their own .worldvegetation file which defines where the trees and rocks in their local area are placed. If you want to change that for every version of the ford then just change the relevant .worldvegetation file.

If you only want to change it for the one map then you need to make a duplicate of the ford folder but give the .worldpkgdesc a different internal name so you can select it from the battle editor, and give it a path that points to the new .world - and then edit the new .world to refer to the new .worldvegetation file.

These things can all be done with IWTE tool. Ask in that sub-forum if you have problems.

Default Re: How to remove trees in Battle Editor

would be nice to remove rocks too but they dont bother me much, those godamn trees on the other hand...

so yea i would like to change fords once and for all and for all maps, cant find the bridges folders tho, i guess i have some extracting to do ?

thanks a lot for the help mate