Thread: Got a bunch of new textures, they turn the model invisible at far distances - why is this?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Got a bunch of new textures, they turn the model invisible at far distances - why is this?

Hello, i've got new Majora reskins of all the remaining factions in Hyrule Total War (the old version that my submod is based on), and they look fine while zoomed in - but unlike the older textures (same with different colors) they cause the model to go invisible when zooming out. I didn't have this issue with the Warcraft models when we made reskins there.

I thought it were the normals but after following this guide the issue still remained:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Map-with-GIMP

I've got no idea why this is or how to solve it and could use some help. I tried finding tutorials but none had the same issue. It isn't the bones as i haven't touched the models in MS3D. And the new textures still have the same layout so the UV-map is the same - they do look fine zoomed-in.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 14, 2019 at 04:33 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Got a bunch of new textures, they turn the model invisible at far distances - why is this?

I suspect there is a mismatch between the group comments of the various lods.
    Check it out and if you cannot solve it yourself upload the model -all lods- and it's textures and I will check it out.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: Got a bunch of new textures, they turn the model invisible at far distances - why is this?

First of all ...when you created their textures did you check the button "generate MIP maps" or something similar in GIMP?
    If you did then delete all other lod's of the model and use only lod0 6400 in the end of its entry.
    Like this example:
    Code:
     16 servus_veneticus 
      1 1 
      59 unit_models/_Units/lombards/levy/servus_veneticus_lod0.mesh 6400 
    With lod0 in max distance value and with generated MIP maps in your .dds texture you will have no problem.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    First of all ...when you created their textures did you check the button "generate MIP maps" or something similar in GIMP?
    If you did then delete all other lod's of the model and use only lod0 6400 in the end of its entry.
    Like this example:
    Code:
     16 servus_veneticus 
      1 1 
      59 unit_models/_Units/lombards/levy/servus_veneticus_lod0.mesh 6400 
    With lod0 in max distance value and with generated MIP maps in your .dds texture you will have no problem.
    I didn't create them.

I did turn them from textures to .DDS-files, Neph had made working textures - then i sent them to a guy called Codeman and he made these reskins. When trying to use them i'd get this issue with invisible models.

I have managed to get around the issue, by loading the old working ones in GIMP and adding these on-top of the old ones - then saving them as usual and they worked fine.

I don't know why they didn't work if not placed on-top of the others, maybe they were saved in the wrong format not using bit-maps or something..
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Did you fix it yet?