Thread: Roman 'lesser' general?

Default Roman 'lesser' general?

Hello,

I always found it a bit odd there's no model discrepancy between the 'greater' and 'lesser' Roman generals in EB1.
    Although I certainly understand the historical similarities between both Roman roles (especially in contrast to the many monarchic factions), I feel like any slight change would be interesting/welcome?

How exactly this would be implemented I do not know - if were up to me i'd perhaps add the italo-corinthian helmet to replace the current model's helmet for either general.
    I can't imagine this would be too difficult to accomplish for those skilled; maybe add the current triarii or bodyguard helmet to the current model?
    Sadly I myself have no experience in altering unit models

Any thoughts/comments appreciated!

For instance this helmet was seemingly used by Scipio Africanus:

(Artist's impression of Scipio and Hannibal on the eve of the Battle of Zama (202 BC):

Default Re: Roman 'lesser' general?

Hi King Agis,

Unfortunately it's not possible AFAIK. The battle map model is the same for family members and lesser generals. In M2TW you can change the model for the Faction Leader and the Faction Heir, but I don't know if it's possible in the RTW engine.

Hi mephiston,

I'm certain this is possible, since any custom game will show the different 'lesser' general over the family member general. Editing the model used is straightforward enough to do, since I've done this before myself (i.e. you could easily replace the 'lesser' general model with say the Epirote 'lesser' general model for example).
    However, it is creating the model image for me that is the tough part. (i.e the .TGA file and .CAS files).

In terms of the campaign map, the current 'lesser' general model on the campaign map is already inaccurate - it depicts a late republican legionary model which was later cut from later iterations of EB. In fact, i'm pretty sure the 'lesser' general campaign models for at least: Makedon, Arche, SPQR etc, all show soldiers not equivalent to their in battle model. Hence, I wouldn't really see this as a major issue.

Cool, I didn't know But then again, my experience is mostly in coding traits. Plus, I haven't played the EB1 campaign in ages, since I'm stuck exclusively with MP since 2-3 years.

Sorry that I couldn't help you! I hope someone may pick up this task, even if I guess it's rather low in priority.