Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marian Reforms ?

Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Try Pontos before speaking about OP. Takes time to get going, but then, it rocks. Phalangitai, AP swordsmen, great heavy and medium cavalry, slinger-axemen, and oxybeles.

Edit: oh, and I forgot superb heavy spearmen.
    Thanks for the recommendation! I will try Pontos right now! I wanted to play as a phalanx faction, but the Greek ones all got some pretty intense start, whereas I like to take it slow in the beginning...
    Last edited by tentaku; October 09, 2019 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tentaku View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation! I will try Pontos right now! I wanted to play as a phalanx faction, but the Greek ones all got some pretty intense start, whereas I like to take it slow in the beginning...
    Uhh...Pontos has one of roughest starts in EBII. You're dependant on Anatolian AoR stuff for a good while, until you can conquer west Anatolia.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Uhh...Pontos has one of roughest starts in EBII. You're dependant on Anatolian AoR stuff for a good while, until you can conquer west Anatolia.
    You are right, I tried it last night and it was really rough, my entire starting army got decimated by the nearby rebel armies.... I guess I got too used to playing Rome where I am the boss from the start

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12