Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Marian Reforms ?

  1. #1

    Default Marian Reforms ?

    Are the Marian Reforms included and are there new Imperial units ? The way Roma Surrectum II did it was what I imagined would happen.
    Is this implemented, and if not is there a submod or a way I could do it myself ?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Lusitanio's Avatar Content Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    850

    Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

    Yes, they are implemented and you have some 4/5 units I think, you can check on custom battles menu. What part of Roma Surrectum II marian reforms do you imagine to be implemented?

  3. #3
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,560

    Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

    Imperial units are nothing to do with the Marian reforms, they are for the Augustan reforms, which are not yet implemented. Besides which, there will be only one Imperial unit, the Praetorian Cohors, which isn't ready.

  4. #4
    alex33's Avatar Ordinarius
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Vindobona, Pannonia
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

    After turn 500 (147BC) Rome needs to have constructed Latifundae (farms_seven) in at least six of the seven core Italian provinces. They then need an FM with the Reformator trait.

    Failing this, they will automatically occur on turn 661 (107BC)
    I think we'll add an Imperial reform sometimes but this is super low priority. Not all that much changed from the late republican era to the imperial era in the time period the mod plays it will most likely be just political and the only unit we'll add in that era are the Praetorian Cohort

    edit: Ninja'd by Quintus ofc



  5. #5
    Roma_Victrix's Avatar Gatorade, is it in you?
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    13,420

    Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

    Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    I think we'll add an Imperial reform sometimes but this is super low priority. Not all that much changed from the late republican era to the imperial era in the time period the mod plays it will most likely be just political and the only unit we'll add in that era are the Praetorian Cohort

    edit: Ninja'd by Quintus ofc
    Oh he definitely Ninja Giadened you alright, all the way back to Japan, mofo.

    The Marian reforms most certainly do work and I've been playing with them for literally hundreds of turns now. I'm currently past turn #860, the year is 57 BC and I'm invading the British Isles as SPQR. The Marian units include reformed legionary cohorts, elite Evocatae veterans, Antesignani spearmen/skirmishers, legionary first cohorts (containing a whopping 243 men on huge unit size), and the Equites Auxilium. The latter are post-Marian auxiliary cavalry that look like Romanized Celts, with some of the cavalrymen having torcs around their necks. Of course, the core provinces of Roman Italy also produce Onager artillery for tearing down walls and mechanical Scorpion bolt throwers.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

    While we're on the subject of Marian reforms... what would be the optimal composition of a Marian legion?

    Going by the 1/1000 scale, five legionary units would be one legion. I usually use the "only two of the same unit to a stack" house rule, so would it be ahistorical for my legions to have one 1st cohort, two envocata and two normal cohorts? Or would that be an unhistorical usage of the veteran cohorts? How should they used if it is?

    Also is there any plans for ancillaries with the names of different legions?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

    Is there any way for me to take the augustan/imperial reforms from another mod and add them to this one ?

  8. #8
    Lusitanio's Avatar Content Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    850

    Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

    Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyyyy View Post
    Is there any way for me to take the augustan/imperial reforms from another mod and add them to this one ?
    It really depends on what you want to add. Are they units, events or just new traits and ancillaries? Or even buildings.

  9. #9
    Lusitanio's Avatar Content Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    850

    Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

    Quote Originally Posted by sharkeyyyy View Post
    Is there any way for me to take the augustan/imperial reforms from another mod and add them to this one ?
    In fact, I can help you add some new traits and other mehanics for Imperial Reforms, if you need.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    In fact, I can help you add some new traits and other mehanics for Imperial Reforms, if you need.
    hi there, I just want to ask how to trigger the reforms? i mean marian reforms.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyPanda View Post
    hi there, I just want to ask how to trigger the reforms? i mean marian reforms.

    Ooops, sorry my bad, I found the answer to my question.


    My next question will be, will there be any enhancement on the SPQR roster, I mean, will it be like RSII Legions? or will you just go for the SPQR mod type of legions(which I prefer by the way)

  12. #12

    Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyPanda View Post
    Ooops, sorry my bad, I found the answer to my question.


    My next question will be, will there be any enhancement on the SPQR roster, I mean, will it be like RSII Legions? or will you just go for the SPQR mod type of legions(which I prefer by the way)
    AFAIK the only unit that might be added to core Roman roster is Praetorian cohort with Augustan reforms. RSII way consumes way too many unit slots, if I remember that correctly.

  13. #13
    Lusitanio's Avatar Content Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    850

    Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

    I never played the SPQR mod, what was their way with the Roman legions?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

    https://www.google.com/search?q=rome...GxJs_7FAjo4IM:

    this is how their legions look like.

  15. #15

  16. #16
    QuintusSertorius's Avatar EBII Hod Carrier
    Artifex

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,560

    Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

    No, there will never be legionaries wearing lorica segmentata in EBII, unless you put them there yourself. It didn't exist in our timeframe.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

    Is there a chance of ancillaries to simulate the different legions? I remember there was a submod to the same effect in EBI, but is there anything official in the works?

  18. #18

    Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No, there will never be legionaries wearing lorica segmentata in EBII, unless you put them there yourself. It didn't exist in our timeframe.
    oh ok,

  19. #19

    Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

    Roman roster is already on steroid compared to rest of the world, even its cavalry is solid; on top of that, its rock solid units, including cavalry, are very easily replenished. I haven't hit Marian reform yet, and I can only imagine those post-reform Roman units slaughtering units from rest of the world like 18th century Europeans gunning down native tribes....

  20. #20

    Default Re: Marian Reforms ?

    Quote Originally Posted by tentaku View Post
    Roman roster is already on steroid compared to rest of the world, even its cavalry is solid; on top of that, its rock solid units, including cavalry, are very easily replenished. I haven't hit Marian reform yet, and I can only imagine those post-reform Roman units slaughtering units from rest of the world like 18th century Europeans gunning down native tribes....
    Try Pontos before speaking about OP. Takes time to get going, but then, it rocks. Phalangitai, AP swordsmen, great heavy and medium cavalry, slinger-axemen, and oxybeles.

    Edit: oh, and I forgot superb heavy spearmen.
    Last edited by Sar1n; October 09, 2019 at 10:21 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •