Thread: Help for EB on Alex

Default Help for EB on Alex

I want to play EB 1.2 vanilla using the Alex engine, there used to be threads about that but with some files attached to make it work, changing the launch line doesn't work and gives me "please choose an item from the list" when I try to start a campaign

help would be appreciated

(I tried the EB alex but I didn't like it, it's a tad too unballanced for my liking and I enjoyed EB's vanilla better)

SlartyBartfast's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Help for EB on Alex

*bump

A working link to a 1.2 Alex compatibility patch would be very much appreciated, or even a simple explanation on how to do it ourselves (I don't know how complicated the process is.) Thx
    "Huh?"

Teobec's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Tanavar View Post
    I want to play EB 1.2 vanilla using the Alex engine, there used to be threads about that but with some files attached to make it work, changing the launch line doesn't work and gives me "please choose an item from the list" when I try to start a campaign

help would be appreciated

(I tried the EB alex but I didn't like it, it's a tad too unballanced for my liking and I enjoyed EB's vanilla better)
    Go to rome totalwar/EB/data/world/maps/campaign folder and tell me how many folders do you have and name them

If anyone is still interested. Here is the original eb on alex. This gets rid of the immortal trait for faction leader, allows night battles (includes torches, etc.), and requires a shortcut with the target line " -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander -ne"

http://www.mediafire.com/file/o7o4zi...X.exe_.7z/file

After simply installing the EB 1.2 files hosted on moddb in my Alex folder, I've been hugely disappointed with AI behaviour. I'm only now finding your post (+rep, by the way). I hope it addresses some of the AI passivity I've noticed in the other version...

EDIT: Wow. The file seems awfully small. I'll try an install and report back.

EDIT 2: Well, I couldn't get it to work. After altering the .exe target, it launches in windowed mode (with the right Europa Barbarorum splash screen), then reverts to RTW vanilla. Too bad. Has anyone else got this working?
    Last edited by Cyprian2; November 09, 2020 at 06:47 PM.