Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GONDOR RESTORED v1.0- Submod for DaC v3.0

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Mods plz delete
    Last edited by T.W. Stanforth; November 08, 2019 at 06:30 PM.

Default Re: GONDOR RESTORED v1.2- Submod for DaC v3.0

"Strangers from distant lands, friends of old, you have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor".
    Greetings, fellow Númenóreans!

I'd like to start by thanking you for your patience in waiting me to fix the buggy mess that was the v1.1 release.
    As mentioned above, with the help of Gigantus among others in the Mod forums, this has been fixed and now is released.

Below is the full log for 1.1 and 1.2, due to 1.1 never being properly released.

Please let me know if you spot any bugs out there!
    - TWS

Log for 1.1/1.2:
    - Thorondir's portrait has been replaced, thanks to the courtesy of PIP!
    - Thorondir trait text adjusted.
    - Added in correct ancillary UI for Anardil and Aravir.
    - Moved Branion's starting location to the Gap of the White Mountains.
    - Increased recruitment time and costs for Minas Ithil Guardians, Minas Ithil Steelbowmen and Minas Ithil Rangers.
    - Minas Ithil Steelbowmen and Minas Ithil Rangers now have 25 missle ammunitions, rather than 32.
    - Removed AP from Minas Ithil Steelbowmen and Minas Ithil Rangers.
    - Minas Ithil Guardian UI has been adjusted.
    - Mindolluin Bladesmen (Gondor Fountain Heavy Swordsmen) actually added to EDB file.
    - Removed Knights of Osgiliath for unit slot.
    - Made text entries for Minas Ithil Guardians/Steelbowmen/Rangers more uniform.
    - Added Fiefdom Barracks to Minas Tirith, Minas Ithil, East Osgiliath, West Osgiliath, Isengard/Angrenost.
    - Added ability for the Dark Lord to target Minas Ithil, East Osgiliath, West Osgiliath, Isengard/Angrenost with an invasion (crusade).
    - Added 'Gondor Restored' shortcut icon.
    - Placed Knights of Osgiliath back into game in the meantime whilst I create future units.
    - Added a fort in East Osgiliath region.
    - Changed legionary name for all factions for Morgul_Vale province to 'Minas Ithil'.

- Minas Ithil Restored Building:
    - Minas Ithil/Tower of the Moon building story. The Tower of the Moon has to be rebuilt/restored in 4 'stages' granting greater boons the higher the level you increase it to. The final stage of restoration can only occur after the barracks event.
    - Minas Ithil Restored building lines created. EDB and EB.
    - Minas Ithil building lines tied to UI, exluding; 1. Initial Corrupted Construction 2. UI text for building line in-game drop down menu.
    - Recruitment for Minas Ithil Guardians/Steelbowmen/Rangers tacked onto this building tree instead of from original Tower of the Moon building. Units plentiful in the late game, but almost impossible to acquire in the early game due to their almost uber status.
    - Added in Elfwen, Captain of the Mindolluin Bladesmen.
    - Added back in Dunedain Rangers to BM.DB file for Gondor.

To do:
    - Add in Elessar script. Spawns if A) Chief of Dunedain death event happens --> appearence 20 turns later B) Turn 312/ T.A. 3019
    - Add in Osgiliath-Stone.
    - Add in the Osgiliath-Stone

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7kchb3pgpt...0v1.2.rar?dl=0
    Last edited by T.W. Stanforth; November 09, 2019 at 05:34 AM.

Default Re: GONDOR RESTORED v1.0- Submod for DaC v3.0

1.0 works, 1.1 and 1.2 break my game

Quote Originally Posted by TiamathBG View Post
    1.0 works, 1.1 and 1.2 break my game
    Bugger. What does your log file say?

No log files in the main directory and if its not there i've not the slightest clue where to look for them. When i put in 1.1 and 1.2 the game just does a desctop crash before the startup logos.

No log files in the main directory and if its not there i've not the slightest clue where to look for them. When i put in 1.1 and 1.2 the game just does a desctop crash before the startup logos.
    I.e. a the black screen CTD? Does it register in Task Manager as not responding and freeze, or does it quickly appear and disappear in TM?

Additonally, I'd modify your CFG file as below:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Trace log - that's an entry in the mod's CFG file. You should have something like this:
    Code:
    [log] 
    to = system.log.txt                    # path and name of log
    level = * trace                        # detailed log
    #level = * error                    # basic log
    Notice the hash sign in front of the error line - it means the line will be not be processed. Once you have finished testing you can then remove the hash sign and put it in front of the trace line, that way you will get the small log again.
    I'm unsure if I can help you here; I tested GR v1.2 on brand new TATW 3.2 folders installed with DaC v3 before release.

Is anyone else facing a similar issue?

So i got it work with a fresh DAC install, still no idea what went wrong previously as i had not done anything to the installation.

A little question, are the new units and buildings also available to Dol Amroth if they capture MI and Osgiliath?

So i got it work with a fresh DAC install, still no idea what went wrong previously as i had not done anything to the installation.
    HUZZAH! Glad it's working

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    A little question, are the new units and buildings also available to Dol Amroth if they capture MI and Osgiliath?
    They're not added in at the minute, but it'd only take me a giffy to get it sorted (add in the BM.DB, EDU, EDB, EB and UI to relevant locations). I'll get on it today!

If you want to progress further with this mod I seriously think you need to consider rebalancing. Putting the newly spawned generals with their op bodyguards that close to Minas Morgul makes taking it a breeze. I took Minas Morgul and Cirith Ungol by turn 3. Mind you can do this pretty easily in the normal game as well.
    I strongly suggest moving all the new units and generals further away from Minas Tirith just to give Mordor a chance. Also is it normal for one of the generals to have +200 hitpoints?

Quote Originally Posted by T.W. Stanforth View Post
    They're not added in at the minute, but it'd only take me a giffy to get it sorted (add in the BM.DB, EDU, EDB, EB and UI to relevant locations). I'll get on it today!
    Mind sending me a PM once that's ready? I feel like starting a new campaign as DA, this would be a welcome addition.

Is anyone else facing a similar issue?
    installed 1.2 version n now my games turning off without any warnings during the loading screen like that tiamathbg fella
    this game its a hassle having to reinstall everytime u make a simple mistake

Hello, I installed the mod but there have been no changes in the game, the units are not present. I’m playing with DAC 3.7, can you help me?

@LodBlackblade Its a very old bug that was fixed recently by others more skilled than me on another TWC forum . The last glitch I'm having is tying the building UI to the construction menu in game, but as soon as thats done I'll be releasing it with (hopefull) a few wee changes. I'm hoping to change the strat banner icon to a variation of the Tree, add in another character etc.
    With these changes, I'll release it as 1.2!
    Any news about the mod , its almost end year so just asking cuz im very hyped bout this submod..All the best (:

These models look great!

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

I'm trying 1.2 version with DaC 4.5 but I've immediatly CTD when I start the game!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Hey, I'm playing TATW with MOS 1.62 and the Reunited Kingdom submod - is there any way that I can incorporate your mod once I've restored the reunited kingdom in my game ?

I would love to have these units, but I think Gondor's unit roster has been chopped up to add additional region specific units and exclude any Reunited Kingdom units.

Thanks !

By pure chance I visited the TATW submod thread today (after having not really modded for years) and discovered this wee thread was still going XD

I've got the files for V1.2 on my old laptop; they've been untouched since 2019, but I'll release it anyway. From what I remember the main changes completed were the Thorondir bm/strat models (a silver MIG armed with a longsword) and the completed Tower of the Moon building lines. I'll dig it out when I'm next back home then will release the raw files for any/all to play with. I'll add manual instructions for how to install it for say a mod-that-most-not-be-named-but-that-this-submod-was-designed-for-current-version but will leave it as a manual installation so it can be added to other TATW submods as an open-mod (i.e. any assets can be freely used and modified, anyone else can take over the mod etc).

@sharkeyyyy
    , they'd be a way around it! It'd be a wee bit fiddley. The following assumes you've copied in the ui (portrait, buildings, ancillaries), and manually copied the export_descr_unit, export_unit, export_buildings, export_descr_buildings and battle_model.db entries. DONT copy any other file/overwrite them for MOS, as the mod's ofc been designed for DaC V3.

1. Cut Thorondir's strat entry from the descr_strat file. You'd have to insert into the RK script a spawn of Thorondir. I'm unsure how to do that, but I'd look into the descr_scripts file for the Denethor/Boromir/Faramir fresh spawns that accompany the RK script. Just add in Thorondir's strat entry so he spawns in then.

2. Go to battle_model.db. See if there's entries for the RK faction (whether that's the faction 'turks' or 'united' in the games files) for the 'thorondir', 'angrenost_steelbowmen' (I think from memory the Minas Ithil Steelbowmen are called that under the hood), and the Minas Ithil Guardian entries. Replace the '6 sicily' entry with either '5 turks' or '6 united' to avoid silver-surfers in-game. Insert into MOS files; remember to add the number of new models to the total models count at the top of the file (see any guide to the battle_model.db file for information on this).

It should be clear which entries you might have to edit, as they are all at the top. Anything including and below an entry titled 'mount_(something or other) does not need to be checked.

3. Go to export_descr_units, change ownership from sicily to either turks/united. Go to export_descr_buildings, if using notepad++, select the whole 'Tower of the Moon' entry (should be named ithil_tower in files; if unable to find, ctrl+f way through file till found). Use the replace all in selection to change 'sicily' to either turks/united. Add this new entry to MOS (unsure which building it has to replace; if no option to replace, just add it as an entirely new building. See tutorials for EDB on that, quite a common task).
    NB: The changes to the regional units are beyond me for MOS; I have no idea how the mod accommodates them, and am unsure how many unit or building slots are left to play with in MOS' files.

4. Go to descr_model_strat and descr_character. For the descr_model_strat entry, copy and paste the sicily text texture entry for thorondir, replacing the sicily with turks/united. Add thorondir as a strat level for united/turks in the descr_character file (might have to delete someone else's custom strategy model).

5. Go to traits/ancillary files, manually add the Thorondir traits/ancillaries in (these are placed right on the boundary between the end of the traits/ancs and the start of the trigger parts of the files. Change the level of Thorondir's trait to match the new level given in the descr_character file.

And that should be it added! You could always add Thorondir from the start for the RK in the descr_strat files, but who would want a 1000+ killing, self-regenerating, 60 men unit of mounted armoured steel bowman from the game start
    Last edited by T.W. Stanforth; July 06, 2021 at 01:34 PM.

Thanks, I really appreciate this, you're a legend !

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

By pure chance I visited the TATW submod thread today (after having not really modded for years) and discovered this wee thread was still going XD

I've got the files for V1.2 on my old laptop; they've been untouched since 2019, but I'll release it anyway. From what I remember the main changes completed were the Thorondir bm/strat models (a silver MIG armed with a longsword) and the completed Tower of the Moon building lines. I'll dig it out when I'm next back home, update it for DaC V4.5, then will release the raw files for any/all to play with. I'll add manual instructions for how to install it for e.g. DaC v4.5, but will leave it as a manual installation so it can be added to other TATW submods and DaC submods (I'd highly recommend DaC AGO V2).
    as an open-mod (i.e. any assets can be freely used and modified, anyone else can take over the mod etc).
    Sadly we can't discuss or post anything DAC related on TWC that is about version 4.x or higher. See this POST for further info.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast