Thread: CTD on start of turn

Doomsday's Avatar Civis

Default CTD on start of turn

Hi,
    I'm getting a CTD at the start of my turn, I've tried a few separate factions, and whilst its the same for all of them, it's more frequent with the Mannish campaigns as opposed to elves/dwarves.

It happens every few turns, literally at thew last possible moment before I start my turn. If I go back into it and reload the autosave, it starts as if there hadn't been a CTD and instead had proceded as normal.

I also noticed some unit pictures were missing from the elven units recruitable from mithlond, though can't remember which off the top of my head.

save attached if it helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Aymez Loyaulté

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: CTD on start of turn

Spitballing here, but could it have something to do with getting to a certain faction in the end-turn phase and then cutting out? Similar to the Ottoman Empire bug in ETW.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Hmm, missing unit cards for the Elves sounds strange. Are you running the latest version, 3.3?

Do you have any settlements under siege when the crash occurs?
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

webba84's Avatar Artifex

This is probably memory related crashes, and unfortunately there isn't much we can do about them, and the one solution that may help cannot be mentioned on these forums.

WRT to the elven unit cards, they aren't missing, your faction doesn't have enough information to know what those units are. This is normal RTW vanilla behaviour.

Doomsday's Avatar Civis

I had the missing cards when playing as the elves, I started a new campaign as them yesterday, and they’d appeared, so god knows what that was about.

i had a bit of trouble finding information about the memory issues, why can’t people mention it on these forums? Or link to discussions/downloads elsewhere?

hopefully sorting that tonight, I’ll let you know if that’s the issue
    Aymez Loyaulté

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Hop over to our discord and I can fill you in: https://discordapp.com/channels/4212...14023074316289

If you're checking the units via the building browser (looking ahead to see what a higher-tier building provides, for example), *sometimes* it doesn't display the unit images on the cards.

If I remember correctly.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Doomsday's Avatar Civis

Cheers again chaps, it was a memory problem, all sorted and running smoothly
    Aymez Loyaulté

Doomsday's Avatar Civis

As an aside, is the script for the west gate of moria working in 3.3?
    I’ve had Tharbad marching three that before I’ve built it up
    Aymez Loyaulté

webba84's Avatar Artifex

The west gate of moria was not a script, it was a trick with how roads interact with the map. It was also bugged and would stop working properly (loss of trade income) after saving and reloading, so we removed it for 3.3. You can still build the west gate for the improved trade income, but the path is open from the start now.