Thread: my Generals just go Rebel in the Islamic lands

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Default my Generals just go Rebel in the Islamic lands

I never did pay much attention to Generals turning rebel and now I need to understand. Sigh. I have playing as Poland (Lands to Conquer Modification) and the two brother to the king seem destined to turn rebel when in the Islamic culture dominated middle east (Antioch to Gaza) if not the General to end a crusade. I think their single piety may be the problem, but if so how to boost up this piety? I am not certain, but the started the game as low level dread and over the course of the campaign they have moved to low level chivalrous. I do not remember the traits that made up this transition though a bit was occupation rather than sacking the low population centers on the steppes (motte and bailey regions). In LtC modification, it does take a while to grow to be able to build even a wooden castle. Sacking an 800 population settlement seems very counter productive.

Now if I had been writing code for mods, I might already know this answer. Sadly, my code writing days are long past and not a bit of code for Total War. So, any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: my Generals just go Rebel in the Islamic lands

Well, the primary influence is loyalty, followed by being in rebel regions. Not sure if religion\piety actually plays into it. Crusade armies are actually exempted from any revolt, eg non of the modifiers effect the character.