Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum 3.1 POST your Empires (2019)

Default Roma Surrectum 3.1 POST your Empires (2019)

Hello all,
    century x here,
    Go ahead and post your most ambitious empires. Try to explain a little what is happening in the campaign so that we can enjoy in the glory together.
    All empires are welcomed, Roman, greek, persian, german, all are welcome.

"Bring honor to your noble houses and revel in the glory of battle"
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Default Re: Roma Surrectum 3.1 POST your Empires (2019)

Come on noble warriors.....

Century! I will be posting my last game tomorrow! Will do in this post. Can't do it right now since I'm on my phone

Quote Originally Posted by Aguscanzani View Post
    Century! I will be posting my last game tomorrow! Will do in this post. Can't do it right now since I'm on my phone
    No worries man, take your time...

Tesla's Avatar Senator

I've been playing on and off for a while now with Armenia and this what I have.
    After playing for such a long time I believe the Nakharar Cav is the best unit in the game.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Civis

Been a while since I was last here, 10 years maybe?

I'll follow the Armenia trend with one such empire of my own. I am playing this mod agains since a few months back, got 4 campaigns running atm.
    I am inclined to agree with Teslas statement about the Nakharar cavalry, those guys are beastmode.

Here's my Armenia:

Hopefully that worked. So this campaign has been crazy. I expanded early on, taking a few rebel settlements, then Seleucid and Pontus declared war on me on the same turn! They were even allied so it was kind of a cool dual backstab. I was mighty pissed when it happened though and even more so when greece joined in a few turns later. It was nasty, especially as Seleucid kept getting those elite stacks spawned. I didn't even have full barrack or forge in my capital, which meant I was fighting armoured elephants with inferior upgrades and low tier troops.
    I basicly grabbed what I had, bumrushed Pontus and took them out of the fight while holding Seleucid and Greece at bay. Then Pergamon declared war on me too...

After some intense fighting above picture is what the world looks like. Pergamon and Pontus are dead, Seleucid is reduced to a one city buffer state. I have played on a few more turns after this and Rome has lost all it's holdings in iberia, while the Boii is dead to pressure from Macedon and Rome. Elsewise it looks much the same, I am at peace and building things up. Sarmatia wants a piece of me I think, I'd enjoy some horse archer kebab so why not.
    Plans within plans...

Senator

I would Say go for the Samatians... they can be annoying as hell. Take this region north of the Pathians and the go counterclockwise around the Caspian Sea.
    And take out the Ptolemys, the Nile Valley is rich as hell... And they are easy to beat.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

[IMG][/IMG]

so this is how my roman world looks like, playing this campaign(0-turn) on and off for the last year or so. no more expansions going on atm, only defending the borders and fight some stacks from time to time.( probs still 4/5 battles every time i play)
    just building up most city's to the max.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Domesticus

I've reinstalled the mod. I see the flow of empires remains slow.

Worry not, sometime soon I shall bring wrath upon the roman scum

It has been more than six months, but I hope to issue fresh orders tomorrow.

SPQR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-07-23 09-35-33 RomeNow.jpg  

Domesticus

Summery greetings, fellow Emperors and Generals

Above follows my Pontus campaign on VH/VH with the 4 turns per year mod. Battles on VH was a mistake

Currently at war with:
    - Seleucid Empire
    - Ptolemaic Empire
    - Macedon
    - GCS
    - Dacia

After an initial period of being contained within central Anatolia between Pergamon incursions and Seleucid pressure, I managed to assimilate the first and squeeze my way east and take some key cities from the seleucids.

I often employ the method of giving away certain cities to factions on other parts of the world in order to create temporary buffers. One of these cities was Side (southern Anatolia), which I had given to Dacia. The A.I being the stupid and ill programmed buffon it is, later attackd me and that put Byzantium on the target for the Dacian onslaught. For ages, I was contained around the Hellespont fighting Dacian armies, which let me tell you, with VH bonuses, are a bloody nightmare. Some time later, a few cities raided and their owners moved around in Thrace, and I ended up with a buffer zone albeit made up of my enemies, but gave me some respite from Dacia, who have a worrying number of stacks up in Eastern Europe.

Now grinding my way through Greece and Mesopotamia.

they are getting ready to invade full force it seems, campaign is won but still nice to play this way[IMG][/IMG]
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Senator

Those Parthians always love to cluster up...

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

damn, i´ve find parthia very difficult to defeat as the seleucid empire. how did the romans manage this stacks? did they suffer battles of carrhea too?

Senator

@Tartaros: As a selucid, just fight Fire with fire. I always have a pure Cavalry Army in the Eastern Provinces, with the Base in Seleucia.
    It consist of Saka light HA, Babylonian heavy HA, two armoured Elephants, Two Scyted Chariots, some Kathaphracts and some light lancers. Expensive as hell, but very efficient for defending your eastern provinces.

Every Battle against the Parthians gets Bloody, but with the mobility of this Cavalry Army you`ll be able to retrain it in Seleucia and send it back to the Front in max. two turns.

For the Romans I have no clue.

Pikes are very good at absorbing arrows. And my experience with them was on Very Hard battles using the crappy Levy Pikemen, so otherwise they should be quite capable of absorbing stacks worth of ammo.

The best way though is have a "fast" general and artillery then go quickly for settlements. For Romans, the Auxilia spearmen unit will probably get the job done, just remember that against arrows, you might take less casualties and have an easier time just slowly letting them shoot all the arrows at your shields and then walking into the nice tight settlement and killing everyone at spearpoint. For greeks, hoplites do decently, but the ideal are those Theurophoroi/Thrakitai as they only have a spear for melee weapon. And the former is very very cheap.

There's also trap forts which are very handy if you want them, you just need to get a stack inside a fort, then assault it with artillery. Walk your pikes/hoplites/etc up, absorb all the arrows and then walk in and massacre them. Actually heavy infantry in general are fine, but sword-based ones can suffer fighting things like multiple units of generals all piling in on them (similarly with shield-sword units, they tend to switch to swords at inopportune moments).
    Last edited by Alavaria; December 04, 2019 at 12:41 AM.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

thanks, good to know

HMonk's Avatar Decanus

How is version 3? It's been a while for me so just asking...
    The Best Computer is Your Computer!

The Capuans have been spreading safety and prosperity steadily over the last 61 years (122 turns). Only recently, the last Roman holdouts on the western border (with Carthage) ceased when their last generals died in some combat with Carthage.

Due to Hannibal's "aid" in our early conflict with the Romans, we have not touched Carthage, and are actually only technically at war, though if they come onto our land we will send them back.

We are not at war with the Scythians either. Because while they gather in neighboring regions, they have respected our borders.

Despite our massive armies, only one actual force does the attacking, dating back to the early days against the Romans. All other forces are defensive, only garrisoning settlements (full stacks, with generals) or perhaps attacking those who stray into our lands.

However, our main force reinforces aggressively. Still though, they never go anywhere without their beloved artillery.

The First Army, and also the standard template. Obviously in times of need, they may be joined by the supporting Second and Third armies, however this general always has the battlefield command.

Our Capuan Triarii take the front position, with the Capuan Cohorts well placed to flank with their dangerous (armor-piercing) pila, and archers for more lengthy engagements.

The old Campanian Cavalry have been replaced by Germanic Mercenary Cavalry who are capable of using (armor-piercing) hand-axes in melee.

The long-serving Cretan Archers are also due for upgrading (ie: replacement) by a new heavy archer doctrine still being developed in cities such as Athenai.

The archers have an attack rating of 20 to 22, armor rarely goes above 16 to 18. As a result, even the hardiest enemies perish relatively quickly when shot in the rear by their bows. Cohorts have an even higher attack rating and pierce armor, however only cary two pila each (frequently more than enough to break a single unit) and getting them to engage properly can be very troublesome. It is, however, probably why they have more experience than the triarii units, along with the fact that they can score many kills in melee with lighter infantry units (triarii are just about as good in sword-mode, though if holding formation they frequently keep their spear out).
    Last edited by Alavaria; December 10, 2019 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    damn, i´ve find parthia very difficult to defeat as the seleucid empire. how did the romans manage this stacks? did they suffer battles of carrhea too?
    the roman legions don't look like roman legions in the fight against parthia. i use cappadocian horse archers and cathaphracts against them. and forts at the borders with spear infantry supported with archers.

mobile army
    static army
    fort defence
    situation now, parthia have 12 stacks of doom. and the seleucids are up there too. gonna be a struggle to keep them out[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by tungri_centurio; December 23, 2019 at 04:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast