Thread: First Cohort Recruitment

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Default First Cohort Recruitment

Hi all,

I am probably missing something here but for some reason I am unable to recruit the first cohort into a new legion in Roma. I have three other legions each with one first cohort in them so not had trouble with it previously. Have level 3 auxilia and a level 3 legion barracks in arretium. The army has only the general, marian cavalry and 9 other normal legionary cohorts.

Am I doing something wrong here? I dont recall having this issue previously but I last played Rome many updates ago so I may be missing something.

I am using the latest version of DEI.
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.

Default Re: First Cohort Recruitment

I had an issue like that once. The "mistake" I did was recruting first cohort with Legion 1, sent it to Legion 2 and couldn't recruit another first cohort with Legion 1. Did you do something like that?
    Have you looked with your others Legion if you can recruit a first cohort? Maybe you can create a new Legion just to create a first cohort, give the unit to the Legion that need one and disband this new Legion.

By the way, you don't need to create a Legion Barrack in Arretium (Latium) because Roma got the trait "Campus Martius" which is an equivalent of a Legion Barrack. You just need to upgrade Roma.

It's all about the "rescriction script"

Here's how it works. Every character has this resctriction table paired to him. When first cohort cap 1 is reached, meaning the char recruits this first cohort, his table gets inserted this value. So he cannot recruit no more of those. However when char gives this unit to other char, the table is not updated. Unit is in other characters army but he still have the restriction. So this char that received the first cohort can still recruit another and that another is added to his rectriction table, and so on....

Maybe Selea did want it to be this way, or then giving unit to other char is just not doable in lua. The tables can be modded very easily but the transaction is a bit more complicated to trigger in script....

EDIT! My apologies, this actually resets after every turn, so it works just fine. If char gives his first cohort away, hes able to crecruit new one after one turn
    Last edited by MrTimbe68; July 04, 2020 at 07:22 AM.

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Many Thanks to you both and + Rep, indeed i was using an army to transfer units to another army elsewhere which is where I was going wrong thanks for the help and also for the tip about the barracks Lt_Kapout, will be pulling down that barracks ASAP.
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.